Can a guy completely fake a relationship for emotional and mental support or sex?

If he has no one to speak to but his dad.

Women have reached out and he has denied them.

He hasn't had sex in 7 years (not going to say why, not his choice)

Chooses to call you every single day and doesn't talk about sex, only if I say so or he will make a few jokes.

Talks about marrying you and kids.

Been together for a year, known each other over 10 years.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm sorry but I guess I am missing the question. Can a guy "fake" a relationship for his own emotional or mental health or for sex? First off I doubt if your guy is faking anything. Sounds like he might be having some real personal issues and he obviously needs a friend. We all need friends. I had a counselor friend once tell me if people would talk to friends they wouldn't need to talk to her. So what do you think he is faking? That he likes to or needs to talk with you? That he might be at one of those confusing points in his life, maybe a cross roads.

• Yes, that is exactly what I am saying. I fear that he may think he wants this but when it comes time for sex that he will leave. That maybe I am just his emotional and mental support while he is going through hardship and will leave when things get better for him. Some people don't appreciate those who are there for them and take them for granted. I may not have all the reasons to think so but I guess its just a concern because I don't want to lose him. I have had a crush on him since school, and now that I have him, it may be for the wrong reasons. When he met me I was in shape and now I am not. .

• So, am I just a big girl that he can lean on in hard times because I may be have low self esteem and be the only one to stay by his side or is it because he really actually loves me and sees the loyalty in me and looks past my extra baggage. Just so many questions and I do bring it up to him and he does say that I have all the qualities on the inside that he would want in a wife and that my weight can be changed. Then a few months back when he was angry he brought up my flaws like it was a concern for him and then when he calmed down, he apologized for being rude and that he didn't mean it. Thats why I am a bit insecure about the relationship. I say things i dont mean too, not to him but I have to others but I can't really say that he is like me. Maybe he actually meant it and it does bother him

• Hmm... I see. Well you guys have been friends for a long time. He sees you are a friend. Apparently he has some issue with being sexual with you or perhaps with anyone. I really doubt if he is faking his friendship with you. I have lady friends that I am not sexual with. We keep it that way.
      Sounds like you are wanting more out of the relationship than he is up to giving.

Do you suppose your weight is a problem with him. Would you consider dropping some of that weight? It would do wonders for your feelings about yourself, your health and maybe with him.

For what this is worth, I have a couple of lady friends that have offered sex to me. Both are very overweight. For me to turn down sex with a willing partner is tough. But it's just not going to work. I am just not sexually attracted to large ladies. Perhaps he has a similar appreciation.

Why hasn't he had sex in the last seven years?

Most Helpful Girl

• My first husband did this. Once he had me caught - aka married - all that mattered to him was sex and the financial support I provided with my work. He worked but it was just a minimum wage cashier job (he promised he would finish college and get something better but he dropped out when we got married and he never did), he used that to buy things for himself while I brought in the money to pay rent and buy food and stuff. So it is possible. I feel stupid falling for it.

What Guys Said 18

• Anything is possible when people r desperate.

• Sure but he sounds legit from the brief intro

• It sounds to me that he is still grieving for his mum or some thong else. I feel he loves you but his inner pain is causing a barrier.
    Here is what you can do to help him. Invite him around to your place for dinner or a drink. But make sure you take him not to the bed room or toilet, but a room with only one exit. And as he sits down, block the exif but do it slowly. So when he says it is time to leave. To tell him you can leave after you fuck me.
    Now here is the risk you take. He might get violent and push you out the way, but you must be stronger and stand your ground. Even put his hand on to your pussy.
    By the end of the night, if all goes well. You release him from the pain he is suffering

• My car window is open and I just laughed so loud. I hope no one heard me. Lol I get what you are saying though and yes he is going through a lot

• How is the baby, sorry pregnancy? As I may be leaving this site or get banned, whatever comes first. Usually me.
      G&G have punish me unfairly. SO FUCK THEM.

• Anything is possible. Some men are better fakers than others

• a lot cannot, thats why they're left alone like some old cigarettes on the ground.

• Yes they can, whether he is is a completely different matter

• Huh? You haven't had sex with him and it's been a year?

• I think so

• So, you've been with this person a year? Are you two in a relationship?

• Yes, we are.

• Nice. How long did it take you to lose the weight?

• 8 months

• He can fake it but, can he get you or another woman to fall for it?😂

• Sure can

• Yes, it’s horrifying that someone would do that to another human being, but yes.

• What are the signs that they are faking it?

• I can't right now. He isn't home. Not until 10 months.

• Ah. Yeah then in that case you could just smear on his favorite shade of lipstick, wear something sexy and send him a sexy selfie. Drive him crazy! 😉

• Yyyyep

• Cn we tlk

• Yeah

• Yep, I know guys who have

• Umm yeah i felt like my ex just used me to feel better about her self esteem (she couldnt stop gaining weight)
    We broke up and later she wanted me again... i guess she didn't have people constantly tell her she was prettt

• I suppose it's possible, just as it's possible for women. But I don't think it's likely. I couldn't do that, the whole point is for it to be real -- and in a way -- effortless. It sounds exhausting.

What Girls Said 5

• most guys are players and love adding another conquest to brag about (thank god) definitely something wrong with this guy perhaps gay

• No, he isn't gay. He is away in the army. He has been away a while and that just concerns me because am I just an emotional and mental support or am I really his love. I have put on a lot of weight since I first met him, and I also fear that I may just be a big girl with low self esteem that he can use for the time being until he is home and then do what he wants. He has said things out of anger months back and even though he said he is sorry and he says crazy things when he is angry, is that how he really feels? I can be that way too, not to him but I have been to others but he may be different than me and actually speak truth when he is angry.

• service guys like my ex husband are always chased by young girls because of macho appearance and steady high income. people are most honest when upset in my experience. something is wrong for him to go without sex for so long a period

• Yep happened to me

• They do fake.. but not this long... maybe he has some physical or psychological issues...

• Yes anyone can make it

• Um yeah, a guy can. Women can too. But why do you think this guy is?