He wants to take a break from me?

Me and this guy aren’t in a relationship. I’d say we are friends at this point but I’m 95% he has feelings for me because of the actions he used to show me he likes me, then that made me develop feelings for him as well.

Everything was fine until he stopped talking to me. From what I hear, he’s insecure, he’s dealing with a lot of things, he’s now focusing on spending more time at work and his friends. His close friends know he likes me and they caught on to my signs that I like him back and they even told him they think I like him. I recently heard he is distant from me because he needs a break from relationships. I heard his friend bug him about the types of girls he dated in the past. Girls that were not right for him at all. Now they make jokes about him being single because they are all in relationships or married.

So it’s interesting to see him pull away from me (as a friend currently) because he wants a break from relationships because he feels like he’s not good at dating. When I try to talk to him, he will talk about work or things like that, but not reply when relationship topics come up. I’m giving him space. I hope he will figure this out and give me some context about why he feels this distance is necessary.

31

Most Helpful Guy

• He wants to end it

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Girl, he's just confused. I'd dump him if I were you cause he sounds insecure af. Never blame this on yourself. This seems to be about him, not you!

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Yeah it sure does seem like it’s all his problem as I did absolutely nothing. I’m just as confused though.

• Lmao I went through almost the same exact thing 3 weeks ago. I know how you feel. If you try to talk to him about it and compromise, it should be fine but if he keeps asking for space, just end it with him. he obviously needs to figure out stuff on his own.