Saying the "L" word, when is the right time?

When is the right time to tell your S/O that you love him/her? And how often do you say those 3 special words , once its out there?

622

What Guys Said 22

• As a trite and cliche as it sounds, you just know. When it just trips off the tongue or falls out of your mouth, it's right

• Adding to this: make sure you can distinguish between really wanting someone and loving them. If you have gone though enough relationships you will know what I mean. Also just don't say it within a week unless everything is going extremely smooth. A lot of people are too quick to say it.

I told one of the girls I dated that I knew I didn't love her yet (because I genuinely didn't love her yey), and she got mad at me because she said she loved me. Closer to the end of the relationship she ended up saying that she didn't love me like she thought she did while I loved her. That's the mistake you need to avoid.

• Most people will tell you that you just know when it's the right time meaning there is no specific time to say those words.

• Never say it. Unless they say it first. My rule.
    Those three words are thrown around like crazy these days. Has lost its meaning.

• When it feels right to u

• I would say when your both comfortable with doing so.

• See, the thing is you are in love when you really don't want the other person to leave you. When all you want to do is sit down with him /her and just talk to s/o. Then it's time to say the three words

• When you feel like saying it, say it, life is too short to wait for an hypothetical good moment, and say it as often as you need to say it

• my bad bae

• When you can comfortably manage to picture a life together long term

• id say it at any point of the day to my girlfriend

• I would say you love me instead of I love you, then she could say you love me too

• 15 minutes before sex and 15 minutes after sex is void

• Your SO should know that you're a lesbian RIGHT AWAY.

• I love you, potato chips.

• The L word? You mean the word lesbian? You can say it anytime, especially if you saw a woman with a beard

• You are aware that the L word is "lesbian."

• Right time dosent come its the heat of the moment which brings out i love u

• When she wants to listen

• Never

• I love Lust?

• Just before you blow a load on there face

What Girls Said 6

• When your serious and you mean it. Not because you feel you love them. But because you want to love them and grow to learn to love them. Otherwise, words are just words. Anybody can throw that around. Love is about actions, not words. You can always tell if a person loves you by how they treat you.

• The right time to say I LOVE YOU is when you feel your ready, its all up to you and that person. If you think your ready go get get em. You can say I love You as much as you want to after saying it the first time, its amazing.

• He told me he loved me everyday for years before I let a "love you too" slip out as I was hopping out of the car... His friend was there, there were witnesses. I closed the door and said "oh shi+ oh shi+" to myself for about an hour.

• say only when you really mean it

• doesn't matter if not limited to. I say it when my boyfriend said first.

• 2+ months at least