Is it crazy to move in with my boyfriend and his parents until we can afford to move out on our own?

So long story short, my boyfriend and I were planning to move in together when his dad got a great new job opportunity across the country. Because my boyfriend is extremely family oriented he decided to move with them, and he wants me to move with him. I've known about this move for a couple months now, and recently got accepted into a University close to where they're moving. My only inhibition is the idea of moving into his parents house until we can find stable jobs in the new area. We were originally planning to get an apartment together (just my boyfriend and I) this spring because he works full time and I have two part time jobs. Now that we're moving to a new area, we won't have stable income for at least a couple months until after we've found jobs. My mom kicked me out last year when I went off to university so I don't have any ties where I currently am.

My question is, is it crazy to live with my boyfriend and his family? The idea is that we'll be living at his parents house for at least a couple months. I told his parents I'd move out and live with my dad if 6 months rolls around and we're still there. I'm afraid living with his family may make them think I'm mooching or free loading. When I offered to pay rent, his father told me "we'll think about it". I've always had a problem with being dependent on others, and I definitely do not want his parents to feel like they've adopted another kid. I don't know what to do because I know if I don't move with him, I'm going to lose him. I'm 20 years old and I have a hard time believing in long term relationships.
Yes, you've lost your mind. . .
No, it's an adventure...
GirlGuy
21
10