Why don't long distance relationships last long?

Like Every story has an ending.
Every day has a sunset.
Every distance relationship has an ending.
I found a pretty girl , Hem here in GAG. She is intelligent, beautiful and sensitive. She never talks rudely. We are living on opposite side of world. I don't love her but I like her very much as a close friend. But now we are talking less because we are busy in our life.
So my question is how can we preserve our friendship for life time. ? Or Shouldn't worry about a distance friend. Share your opinions😊Why Distance relationship doesn't lasts long.?Why Distance relationship doesn't lasts long.?

1115

Most Helpful Girl

• I've been in a five year long distance relationship. It's extremely hard because it takes lots of time and commitment.

Skyping with eachother helps. Maybe watch movies together on Netflix while caming or something. My boyfriend and I always watch movies and the walking dead almost everyday, lol. We also love to play games so we would play games together online. It makes it easier to bond and spend time together.

You can always text her or call. Say things like "I'm awake. Just thought I'd say good morning beautiful." Try to talk about random things that happened in your life. Communication is key!! But you have to make sure she feels the same way or you will be wasting your time and efforts.

As for friendship, maybe Skype or text whenever you can. Ask about her life or days and what she is up to lately. It would be nice to have her facebook if she is comfortable with it so it makes it easier for you to reach her. Some people rather spend time on Facebook than on their phones talking and texting.

Most Helpful Guy

• Because it's hard to stay close to someone who you only communicate with virtually.

What Girls Said 10

• Well, there's a lot that goes into a relationship, romantic or platonic. When you grow attached to them, you naturally start wanting to spend quality time with them, which involves talking, doing activities together, touching, and so on. Online, you can mostly just do one of those things, and that's talking. Sometimes the lack of all else can wear on a person and it can become too painful to stay in contact with them.

• I'm in LDR (4-5 hours by coach/car distance). It works IF you actually meet each other every now and again and if there is any actual plans in the future that you might actually live together or in the same city/area (which is the case for me as I will start uni in his city). If not you eventually feel hopeless and give up because you can't see a future with them anytime soon because your relationship doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

• Preserving friendships are easy, check in every once in a while and you should be able to pick up right where you left off. Doesn’t matter the distance, it’s rekindling the bond already formed. Long distance relationship is harder because you’re trying to keep a certain feeling maintained and / or the belief that that someone is worth more than than your potential options. Things like insecurity, jealousy, Boredom- all caused by lack of quality communications cause them to fail.

• Usually in any relationship one person leans in emotionally more than the other. That's perfectly normal. However the thing with online relationships, is you have to both like each other a heck of a lot and the same amount. As the work you put into making it work is much much higher. And the odds of two people being that interested with little contact is unlikely for the best part. So yes it can happen, but that includes lightning strike odds

• I am in a long distance relationship for 3.5 years now, also i have many international friend.
    Lots of LDR fails, but not mine!
    Successfulness depends on both half. It requires a lot of effort, and you always need goals to achieve and also to have a very good communication.
    You always have to find time for each other, and share many information, any other way conversations get less and less until the point that you will be forgotten.
    Every friendship and relationship requires lots of caring, but long distance even more.

• It seems a virtual wprld

• If you think of my relationship. We meet as often as we can. And also we have the final aim which is very very close. We will move together in a half year.
      If you think of friendships, those are also not virtual, we meet regularly.
      And who are my international friends but we have not meet yet, we have that in plan.
      Everything can work if you really want to

• I've never been in a long distance relationship but I feel they don't work because you're far away from your significant other. You don't know what they're doing behind your back, who they're seeing, so u just build up scenarios in your head giving you anxiety and paranoia.

• LDR do last! Just try find time to talk more, if you want to talk to each other you guys will!

• I think the best way to keep a long distance friendship/relationship open is by finding time in your day to talk to one another. Send a quick hey, I hope your day is going well or something similar to that. You may not get to talk everyday but knowing that you still care about one another helps keep your friendship going.

• I used to have an online friend, and she was my best friend for a while, we slowly started growing apart and then we had an argument which cause our friendship to end. If you have a chance to keep the friendship going I suggest you do because I wish I could still talk to her.

• She only talked to you for leisure not like it was a relationship.

• No we are good friend

• No you are not. She was just passing her time. That's why she stopped talking to you now.

• When did I said she stopped talking , I have some constraints so I am not getting time.

What Guys Said 14

• If the resources needed to break the distance are not available any LDR will fail. The resources should be emotional (trust, honesty.. etc), intellectual (be down grounded), and monetary (having enough income to end the distance in no time, or little time).

• It’s an incredibly difficult. Find someone in your own area or in the same state as you. Like I’m Connecticut, anywhere in New England works for me because I at least can DRIVE there without an issue to be with her when we set up something.

Many of my friends are in relationships with women from surrounding states.

So my advice , focus on your surrounding area.

• Long distance relationships usually don't last long, because people want everything on the spot. People don't like to wait.
    Look at it this way.
    If you are really thirsty and there is no water (women you like) at home, but some place else there is. People indent to satisfy their needs right away. Then instead of waiting for the water they turn to soda or alcohol ( women you don't like) that is mostly everywhere and easy to get. When the water finally shows up your are not thirsty anymore and the water is forgotten.

• I was in a long distance relationship for 4 and a half years before we moved in together over half a year ago. If you and the other want it to work, it'll work.

• Go to see them it will cement the Bond.

• With the experience, i can say that the main reason is that people in the relationship slowly do not understand that they are in a long distance.
    They develop df priorities, plus long distance takes a toll mentally too so both have to understand the facts and should be able to understand

• Because everything ends when you use or spend time with it. Long distance relationships only makes you frustrated.. and sometimes weak by masterbating daily :p

• No sex

• Because the two people haven't spent enough actual time together and developed a strong enough bond, or they are selfish.

• cam with her it dont have to be nudity

• I've never had a long distance relationship actually work out. The lack of physical contact really puts a strain on things.

• Too weak

• Distance and relationship is inversely proportional to each other

• Well I'm currently in a long distance relationship (1000km apart) and although we've had our struggles we remain together. I would say it's mainly about the roots upon which a relationship is built. It's all about how deeply you actually love one another. For me, I would rather live apart, but wake up every single day and my first thought being about her and feel proud of being tied to her emotionally, than loosing her. I admit, however, that even though feelings on both sides are strong, there may be moments of doubt. What I think is helpful is that both agree that being apart is a temporary and necessary unpleasant situation. If you work both towards the same goal, communicate and plan to be reunited in a not so distant future, you have a finish line to reach, and then I just ask you a question. Will you feel proud, about yourself and your couple as one, to finally be together despite the struggle? Remain there for each other despite the distance. And above all, feel honored to have one person among 7 billion that you absolutely love and respect, wherever they are in the world.