How would you deal with an unwanted pregnancy in a relationship?

3937

Most Helpful Girl

• That would be tough, and i honestly couldn't be sure unless i was in the situation.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 38

• There's no such thing as an unwanted pregnancy for me. Accidental maybe

• sure, no such thing as perfect either

• I just figured it was implied. 6 people seemed to have gotten my point.

• Quite to the contrary, they were liking you calling it an 'accident maybe', rather than unwanted :)

• Depends on who with if it's with a boyfriend it will be super hard decision and a lot of discussion and thought. Children are a big investment and costs a lot to raise one. I would woman up and take care of my baby. If my boyfriend doesn't want the baby he can break up with me and I am not gonna beg him to step up. If he doesn't want to, then he will have to accept not being on our baby's birth certificate.

If its from Rape then Abortion.

If with a friends with benefits or one night stand who in actuality a toxic person and I know would be a horrid father or person to keep in my life. Abortion.

But I am not pregnant now, and I will have safe sex or take the birth control injection if i know I am having regular sex with a boyfriend

• you have it all worked out

• @Tomblebee I mean if the friends with benefits is not a person I view being a good father or hates children or I know he will make things hard on me or is an addict or alcoholic. Why am I going to have his child?

• True, i just don't understand why one might be friends with benefitting someone like that... but ok.

• My SO would figure out what to do together.

If that ever happened my boyfriend and I would rise to the role of parents. It’s earlier than I would have wanted to have kids but I know we would be able to handle it.

• I wouldn’t abort the baby, but if I wasn’t in a position to give the baby a good life and the father wasn’t either, I would definitely talk to him about adoption.

• If we did it without a condom then I guess we're ready to be parents then.

• I'm never going to say my pregnancy was "unwanted" because it's not a nice way to put it, but she was definitely unplanned.
    Her dad and I weren't in full on relationship, we were friend with benefits.

For the first month after I'd had it confirmed, I was in denial, he was like "What do you want to do" and I was like "I don't know, what do you want to do" and he didn't know either, So we gave each other some space for a couple of weeks, and then I started really panicking because I knew i had to make a decision pretty much then and there.
    I didn't have the guts to go and have an abortion, I thought about a lot, but I ended up overthinking it in the end, where knew I just couldn't do it.
    I left his decision to him, and his first decision was that he "wasn't dad material" so we wasn't around for any of the time that I was pregnant with her after that.
    When she was four days old, he came to see her, then I didn't hear from him for a week, then he came back saying that he wanted to be there for her if that was ok, and he's been a great dad ever since. I think he's even surprised himself.
    She is the best thing I've ever done. You can't describe what it puts you through, to every end of the scale, but it's all worth it. She's just the most incredible thing in the world, and I think he loves her. I'm almost certain he does.

• Abortion always, until I really want the baby.

• abort.

• I will never ever abort I will put it for adoption as a last resource if I can t support the baby myself and the father either.

• Abortion.

• You talk to the other person about it because it is their child also.

• sure, but you have to carry it and give birth

• @Tomblebee Definitely! It takes two to tango, and there are consequences unfortunately. There has to be a conversation before the accidental pregnancy. A plan of action of all the outcomes.

• sure, her choice

• Honestly, I don’t know.

• I'll keep it and figure things out. My ovaries aren't getting younger.

• I'd keep it

• At this point? Abortion.

• If I couldn't financially carry a child, then I'd try to be a surrogate mother for an infertile or same-sex couple.

• I would freak... but keep the kid

• termination

• Freak out!

• I would have 4 babies at that point.

• oh ok, so, you chose abortion?

• What? Abortion would NEVER be an option. I was saying I would have 4 kids. I already have 3. I believe abortion is murder. Anyone that chooses to murder a baby is selfish and should be damned to hell.

• man this question gives me such bad anxiety

• Abortion.

• I would keep the baby.

• Try to give my child the best life there is

• I dont even want to think about that :/ totally not ready

• I would definitely keep it

• I would give birth to the baby and raise it with him or on my own.

• i wouldn't abort

• Absolutely keep the baby and up to father if he wants to be part of the child's life.

• probs kms

• More from Girls
    8

What Guys Said 36

• if i wasn't in a position to raise a child and also had no intentions of being with the girl long term i would suggest, the morning after (if it was in the time frame) or abortion

• assuming the morning after isn't in the equation. Isn't an abortion, the choice for a woman to make?

• absolutely but it would be my suggestion.

• depends. serious relationship with intention to have kids eventually? discuss if it is better to continue or terminate based on current finances etc.

nonmonogamous or ons? hell no, i'm not hanging around. advise her politely that its her body and she can do what she wants, but i will have nothing to do with her or the kid. i will not support her since i do not want a kid.

• If it is just casual, how do you get a woman pregnant- assume you use a raincoat?

As for your first thought, agree completely

• you are a good man.

i've been in relationships for the other person; not pregnancy but because they needed someone. its not worth it in the end. gotta be honest with what you want.

if i don't want kids, thats not gonna change for someone i'm fucking intermittently. they need to make their decision on the grounds that i won't be there to help.

• far from it

Just cop my whack if i fuck up

I misspelt, I would be with her, but, would support her

• I’m a guy and I know that this shit happens but me and my girlfriend want it so When this does happen we will treat it like good people we will take care of the kid and work twice as hard to support it because if I bring a life into the world with a girl I’m going to stick by her and support her 200% and make sure that kid grows up with a great life

• I would be happy to be a father, even if it were unplanned as those usually are. Unfortunately, it would come down to what she decides. I am hoping that she takes me into consideration with whatever decision she makes as I do the same.

• Support the woman and any decision she makes? Hell no. I don't know you, but I lost respect for you because of that statement.
    What a BS liberal, feminist, anti male rights view that is.

• More about respect.

• I think you are the kind of guy that does whatever the woman tells him to do and will probably be raising kids from another man or men and accept it.

• seems like i have struck a nerve with you seeing you are resorting to taunts ;)

• Good question. If the relationship is good, I would be happy and I would want to keep and raise the child. However if the relationship with the woman isn't that good... well, honestly I don't know what would I do that time as a child won't make any relationship any better, especially not in a long run.

• it is a tough poser. many will say it is null and void for 'unwanted pregnancies' should never happen. real life often throws curve balls. and you need to adjust accordingly

• I wouldn't. I know how babies are made and it's actually pretty easy to avoid if you don't want one. It's so easy, I don't even understand the words "unwanted pregnancy".

• sure, but some people loose sense in passion

• I think so. In my experience, dead digital clocks go blank or read entirely haywire.

• True. Lol

• I would raise the kid to the best of my ability, just like a wanted pregnancy. Granted, I would think before I had sex with someone.

• I can not talk for a woman, but for me as a man, I say man up, and raise your child to be love, wanted, and supported by you.

• Not my body not my decision. If I didn't want a child and got her pregnant, I fucked up. If she wants to have the child, I have to man up. End of story

• Since I want to be a dad for so long, I wouldn't mind it. Now what I'd like to know first is if she wants to keep it or not. And I'll support her no matter her decision.

• it depends on the situation but either way i would be pretty shocked and ask who it was cause i dont cum during sex

• well that offers a curve ball

• I was wondering about this. Would you announce that before entering a relationship, would they know that you couldn't have kids?

• i can cum i just have todo it myself so wen i want kids im gonna have to pull some crazy manoeuver

• Coathanger or a "fall" down the stairs

• Abortion.

• My goodness I don't know I'd talk abortion im pro choice of not then go with things what else can you do besides grow up real quick

• Abort the mission. I want my kid to live a much better life than me right off the bat and experience what I experienced+what I couldn't experience, and a child when I'm not ready is really going to change everything and make it much harder to accomplish my goals.

I'll force them to play outside so they learn technology isn't everything. They'll drink from the hose if they're thirsty.

• I'm sure the person I'm with would agree.

• Because we went over this before intercourse and took precaution.

• Not having sex til marriage anyway-it's no concern of mine

• ABORT! ABORT! ABORT!

• Well talk about the pro and cons.

• Open fire

• well you 2 made it

• I will try to adjust my economic with my wife.

• Stock up on coat hangers. Kidding guys... you only need one really good coat hanger.

• I would keep it

• Not abortion ! Try adoption... There are tons of people who wants kids but can't have them

• good in thery, but in practice it relies on the woman. who has to carry and deliver the baby

• Abortion duhh

• Let the child be born, take responsibility and raise him/her.

• I want to be a dad anyway and I'm quite ready for it, so I'd keep the baby and if the mother doesn't want the baby ( which is unlikely because women crave babies more than men ), I'll be more than glad to be a single dad

• Just break up and it's no longer my problem

• would you have a child knowing someday they'll find out they were unwanted?

• More from Guys
    6