Are You Obligated To Like You Partner's Social Media Posts?

Are You Obligated To Like You Partner's Social Media Posts?
  • Yes. My partner Should Like my Social Media Posts
    Vote A
  • No. But You Should For Healthy Relationship
    Vote B
  • No. But You Should To Avoid Arguments.
    Vote C
  • No. You should Do As You Please
    Vote D
  • No. You Should Stop Using Social Media When You're in Relationship
    Vote E
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• I dont like all my fiances posts and he doesn't like all mine. I dont think you should have too. For example when he's watching football ( soccer if american) and he puts a status, Im not going to like it because I'm not a big fan of football same goes for if i was to put a post up about a programme I watch or a hairstyle video he won't like it because it doesn't apply to him and he doesn't feel the need to. But if it's a picture of a family member or a post to do with a family member or us then he will or if it's about something we both lile then we will.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• None of the above.

New option:

Me and my partner do not give a f__k about social media and it's dramas. We are perfectly matured and consider ourselves grown ups. We are adults. There are more priorities than these useless things.

Good Luck.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 21

• No. You like what you like. And hate what you hate. If they are putting up garbage, you can always gauge if that person is even right for you to continue dating. That's one of the only best things to use social media for. Those who say yes are obviously very demanding and attention wanting partners. I'm not attracted to those kinds of people.

0|2
    0|0
  • My boyfriend and I are hardly on social media to where we constantly update things. It's only on grand occasions where we both would post something we did together/went together and from there if I see the post he posted, I'd like it.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm not "liking" anything I like. If he posts some dumb ass stuff, it's not my job to validate it. We don't really use the same social media platforms apart from Facebook, which is too dead to post anything.

0|1
    0|0
  • No if your partner expects you to like every picture they post then I don't think that's healthy

0|2
    0|0
  • Im not even following him anywhere and we don't really care about social media

0|1
    0|0
  • I only like posts that I actually like, regardless of whether or not I'm seeing someone.

2|1
    0|0
  • Nope
    I don't have any social media accounts under my own name
    I will do as my please if I had a personal social media account

0|2
    0|0
  • I care more about what we share in real life. I couldn’t care less about a like

0|1
    0|0
  • my boyfriend is NEVER on social media! so it doesn't bother me

0|2
    0|0
  • No... do what you want... You're your own person... That's applied to any social media as well.

0|1
    0|0
  • No, you don't have to like everything your partner posts.

0|1
    0|0
  • I would love it if he likes but I wouldn't mind if he doesn't!

0|1
    0|0
  • Not obligated to but i do because i love him lol

1|1
    0|0

0|2
    0|0
  • No. It's their profile, they can do what they like

0|1
    0|0
  • I mean it's just a like. It doesn't matter.

0|2
    0|0
  • No. ..

0|2
    0|0
  • No, you should do what you want.

0|2
    0|0
  • I deleted most of my social medias so no

0|1
    0|0
  • Social media are like intermediaries, like a friend in the middle passing information for us, we can never say that information is totally reliable, even talking face-to-face can cause misunderstandings if we interpret things wrongly, why put so much thought in something that is so distant and unreliable?
    Although some people act mischievously through to social media, backstabbing, because they think it's a safe space where everything is allowed and norms don't apply, it's the fruit of discord.

0|1
    0|0
  • More from Girls

What Guys Said 5

• If something like social media is so significant in a relationship, that some missed "likes" are a reason to get really upset, then that person has it's value priorities in the wrong order.
    Thus it's time to abandon that relationship.

I miss the days when we didn't have those social media and dumbphones. There used to be much more close up and personal human interaction.

0|1
    0|0
  • You are separate people and social media is rather a stupid thing to fight over.

0|2
    0|0
  • No but if you like anyone else's your not taking your relationship serious anyway

0|1
    0|0
  • No. You should Do As You Please.

0|2
    0|0

1|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes