Do you think many Relationships fail because couples do not pay enough respect to the 'small things'?

Do you think many Relationships fail because couples do not pay enough respect to the 'small things'?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. Small things can turn into huge issues and hangups that can build resentment and anger towards other person and situation.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I think they fail because they're lacking self awareness as well as awareness in general.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 6

• Yes, sometimes the minor little details can mean a lot to someone 😊

1|2
    0|0
    • I think they are key to all. And pivotal to a relationship

• Listening to the little things people like and taking these things into account is important even if you yourself don’t think they’re a big deal

• more about being intuitive. like a reassuring rub on ones back when you know one has had a tough day

• Sometimes, yeah. People get comfortable in a relationship and they forget to do the little cute things that show they care and warm their partner’s heart. Romance can die that way.

0|1
    0|0
  • I have never been in one... but I can see the little things having a big impact on a relationship

0|1
    0|0
  • I think the idea here isn't so much *trivial* small things as it is taking the relationship for granted? It may start by looking superficial--forgetting to call back when you said you would, spacing out during convos, etc--but it could escalate if it persists into an overall apathy into making the relationship "work". Because as fun and loving as relationships are, you gotta show up for them the same way you choose to show up for work and apply yourself.

I do think there's a difference in neglecting the small things and coming out of the honeymoon phase though... the latter is natural and to be expected. The former is unchecked laziness/obliviousness at best, or apathy at worst.

0|0
    0|0
  • I love the small things 😋😊

0|2
    0|0
    • you are a true STAR :)

• Show All
    • Haha yeah I could see that. You’d have to text to speech to talk to people around here

• i can understand them fine but they have ZERO hope with me

• I don't know they fail bc they fail

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 16

• I think so many relationships fail because people expect a good relationship to be a free picnic in the park with ice cream and balloons. The first time they encounter a problem, they interpret that as a sign that the relationship is a failure. They don't realize that relationships require effort and attention and perseverance.

0|1
    0|0
    • sure, i think the small things are key in this

• Show All
    • V-Day is a huge trap. It brings a focus when the focus should be every day. It is like the 9/11 mentaliy;

' i am going to go home and tell all my loved ones what they mean...'

Ummmm, why do you need averting a tragedy to do this?

• Nice to get flowers on VD but what do you do to show your love the other 364 days? Absolutely!

I hope all is well with you. (Relatively) cold as hell where I am!

• Sometimes I think that being able to see beyond "small things" and look at the bigger picture is more useful and is very helpful, especially in abusive relationships.

0|1
    0|0
  • They need to pay attention to both the big picture and the little things. Lack of communication leads to most problems in a relationship. No one is a mind reader.

0|1
    0|0
  • all relationships are different so equally concentrating on the small things could mean allowing the trivial to become a problem

0|1
    0|0
    • fair call. I think as a rule not enough attention to small things that really matter. Not over attention. Just respect

• Show All
    • did you enjoy my pun ;)

• yes, it was at that point i realised you wasn't another American

• My marriage has weathered the bigger challenges better then the small annoyances. The little things make all the difference.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes because those small things can add up and balance out the major selling points.

0|1
    0|0
    • i see them as the first domino in the chain leading to things staying together or coming crashing down

• No It's the fighting, lack of compassion, communication, and misunderstanding.

1|1
    0|0
    • Isn't this Chicken and Egg?

in respect to it gets to this point when little things are not respected and dealt with?

• yes. i think people often overlook small matters that's can build up to bigger issues.

0|1
    0|0
  • O I'm sure that has some effect I wouldn't say it constitutes most breakups but I'm sure it has an effect.

0|0
    0|0
  • Part of it. Another part is rushing everything and getting married too soon.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think there's a lot to that, yes.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes. Details are most important

0|1
    0|0
  • Sometimes minor things create probs

0|0
    0|0
  • With "small things" do u mean dick? Then yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think so

0|0
    0|0
  • No relationships don't last anymore because there is no reason for people to fight for them anymore.
    In the past women would fight to keep a relationship because if they left they would have to struggle, nowadays if a female leaves a man she can take everything he owns with her, so leaving isn't something that scares women anymore.

Most guys don't end the relationship unless there is other pussy already in the wing.

0|1
    0|0
    • I think your point applies to both. As for break ups. Men have always been cleaned out in Family Courts

Recommended myTakes