What are your thoughts on an open relationship? Are you for or against them?

I have recently agreed to try an open relationship with my best friend. Well when I say best friend our friend is a very different to most. Our reasoning is because like each other but we don’t want to be settled as such so we agreed to this and I’m wondering what are your opinions on the whole thing. What are your thoughts on an open relationship? Are you for or against them?
  • Against (think they are stupid)
  • Don’t have an issue with them

1127

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm currently in one, its been great so far but if you do try it, communication is always key. I've been in the open relationship for all of about 2 months with my buddy and my girlfriend, I've been with my girlfriend for well over 2 years.

For me it's like I love my girlfriend, she loves me, she loves my buddy, my buddy loves me and I like him as a friend. So far in this experience, I've found out that I'm not bisexual, just straight.

But other than that its been really fun but can be stressful at times as I have to say things carefully for two people instead of one.
    Good luck.

Most Helpful Girl

• An open relationship is not a relationship.
    A relationship is supposed to offer stability, if there isn't even stability on which people you are with how is it even a relationship?
    "Open" and "relationship" are Oxymorons.