How often do you talk to/text your partner?

I guess this question is mainly for couples that don’t live together... How often do you call? How often do you text? When you do communicate how long for? Do you message or call more if you don’t/can’t see them much?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Everyday
    Everyday
    Off and on during the day then 3-4 hours in the evenings
    We’re ldr and live in different states. We see each other every other month. It’s worked for 2 years and plan on marrying. We met on this very site

1|0
    0|0
    • I’m very similar to you in that I’m doing ldr (but not for much longer hopefully) and the amount of contact is similar too... except we didn’t meet on this site 😂

We text casually a couple of times through the day, and in the evenings it’s more constant. This happens every day bar maybe 1 or 2 nights a week max. I worry that it’s too much though? Will he feel stifles after a while? (We’ve been together for nearly a year, long distance for 7 months.)

• Stifled*

• I don’t feel stifled and look forward to hearing from her as often as possible. We’ve only missed one day of communication in two years and it was hell on both of us. We communicate in all forms but like FaceTime the best

Most Helpful Girl

• He is pretty busy at work so I can't call him during most of the day time, though I am crazy with texts so when he comes back there are like thousands message waiting for him ^^
    We also talk sometimes but sometimes listening to his voice makes me miss him more... I call him anyway!
    Even if my parents don't allow me to call him often... I call him anyway!
    I'm pretty annoying and ik he knows it but I really like to listen to his sweet voice and he likes too when we whisper at the phone 😊

5|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 21

• I am not one to stress my girl out with constant texting. I let her handle her business while i handle mine. If it's important i text her, otherwise we talk when we see each other. Like in the old times when there was not texting and no cell phones. We miss each other more this way

1|1
    1|0
    • That must be the most wonderful thoughtful, a real man can say!! Specially to someone you must care about! 💙 i hope one day ill be able to have someone like you someday!! Beautiful words for a beautiful girl. Sweet. ☺

• We text literally all day from the moment we wake up til the moment we go to sleep with a phone call or two every day usually. We live about 4 hours apart and see each other once a week.

0|1
    0|0
    • Doesn't that get tiring? Do you not run out of things to talk about? How do you keep talking all day?

• When I was in my long term relationship we would text a few times daily about anything. Called each other every few days mainly when we were on our way to see one another and talk about what to eat and do. Its okay to message more or call more but be respectful if he is busy with something. This was an 8+ year relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • When I wasn't single (im single right now) me and my partner call maybe once or twice a day while I was at work. We would text here and then and our communication would only be for about an hour or two.

0|0
    0|0
  • If I may venture my opinion. From a guy perspective, this is the downside of cellphones. DON'T TEXT HIM MORE THAN ONCE A DAY UNLESS THERE IS A VERY GOOD REASON!!! It's annoying AF. "How are you doing, babe?" "Same as I was ten minutes ago when you last asked, only a bit more annoyed"!!! Same with phone calls tell him you love it when he rings you but you don't want to be one of those girls that overshares/over communicates, so leave it to him. If you stick to that, he'll probably ask you to marry him! Oh, and if he doesn't answer straight away, don't text him 'Are you ignoring me' he could be driving, asleep, flying a plane, in the operating theatre, on some scaffolding or in a meeting. Whoever invented SMS (I think it was a Brit) needs shooting!!

0|1
    3|0
    • Not all guys are like that just because you are. My boyfriend texts me daily and throughout the day! If he didn't like checking in on me, he wouldn't. Doubt he's annoyed

• @thisgirl102 When you say "If he didn't like checking in on me" what's he checking? Is he the jealous type? Freudian slip?
      This is a bone of contention that men talk about all the time when the WAGS aren't present. You're guy's texting and talking because he wants it on tap. I suppose you're gonna tell me guys love to cuddle and talk about their feelings for hours after after sex next? Anyway, what would I know, I'm only a man who talks to other men all day and drinks in the pub with them when the rugby's on so they can 'escape'... until a WAG rings up and someone else has to answer the phone and say he's gone to the loo (meaning he'll call you at half time) obviously it's just rugby fans. I don't know why I didn't see it before! Any other secrets you can let me into about guys?

• You're speaking as if all men are the same. Not true, just like not all females are the same. Some females hate texting, some males hate texting. And checking in to ask how I'm doing? How my day is going, sends me funny memes or cute quotes, something that reminds him of me. But no, he's not the jealous type at all lol and he's more of the sweet sensitive type, just my type for a partner!

• When I'm in a relationship I like to communicate daily. If I don't see them, then once or twice on the phone otherwise text when able.

0|0
    0|0
    • Doesn't that get tiring? Do you not run out of things to talk about? How do you keep talking all day?

• No it doesn't get tiring, but yea sometimes we run out of things to talk about, but that's only after a couple of months of dating.

• we call almost daily for a few hours usually and text many times throughout the day

0|0
    0|0
  • My woman prefers text and I prefer she text me when she's free.

0|0
    0|0
  • 24/7 its a constant live feed. No I text maybe 5 times a day on average. And that is a lot.

0|0
    1|0
  • Everyday

0|0
    0|0
  • We meet each other a lot and text a lot everyday

1|0
    0|0

• Show All
    • Can you ever get tired of talking to friends?

• The last few girls I dated wanted to talk everyday and I found things to just get mundane, they never seemed to have a high enough intellect to make daily conversation any good for me as stuff I talk and do agree I talk to my friends daily about world politics and the like which never ceases to bore me, my exes just would complain I wouldn't talk to them enough so when I do they don't have any care for these topics and would have to Google topics which generally we're just how's your day going, what did you do today, what's up, how's it going, I did something fun today, that's great what you did, and if I were to say I heard this amazing new scientific study on NPR today, if it were my friends we would go into deep discussion and my exes were like that sounds like thinking and they didn't care

• Daily. For almost thirty years. :)

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't have a partner

0|0
    0|0
  • I think if you love a person you always wanna talk

1|0
    0|0
  • I talk every day to her

0|0
    0|0
  • Text on the daily. Talk bi-monthly.

0|0
    0|0
  • a lot

0|0
    0|0
  • everyday
    everyday
    short during day and 1h at night

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the partner..

0|0
    0|0
  • we text a lot; the communication we have builds up the emotions and sexual tension for when we next see each other.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 10

• Literally every day ❤️ phone calls last about 2 hours with my partner about 4 times a day with them, I'm always sending them memes and he's always sending me new information. Just a constant communication of info and elaboration. I've never done this with any of (2) my exes.

0|0
    0|0
  • We texts everyday throughout the day! We see each other typically twice a week. We don't usually call, but if I saw him for less amount of time that week then yeah I'd want to talk on the phone

0|0
    0|0
  • Once day. Text as much as we can (he works long hours). When we communicate it can be anywhere from 30 minutes to hours.

0|1
    0|0
  • We text all through out the day. Don't call each other much unless it's really important. We try to see each other 3 days continuously in the week.

0|0
    0|0
  • Every day or it could happen like every second day sometimes

0|0
    0|0
  • Everyday and he'll we live together 😂😂

0|0
    0|0
  • When we were together we'd talk everyday and FaceTime until the next morning so that we could be the first to tell each other good morning.

0|0
    0|0
  • Every day

0|0
    0|0
  • We text every day

1|0
    0|0
  • I don’t have a partner. But I’d like it to be every day :/

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes