Feeling like you SO deserves better? Or the other way round?

In your current relationship or in your past relationships, did you ever feel like your partner deserved better than you or that you deserved better than them?Feeling like you SO deserves better ? Or the other way round ??
  • They deserve/deserved better
    Vote A
  • I deserve/deserved better
    Vote B
  • Other
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• No SO for multiple reasons:
    1.) They deserve better. Not because I think lowly of myself, but because I wouldn't think of them enough right now with all my obligations.
    2.) I want better, and can probably get better.
    3.) I've got plenty of time, ideological differences, all that jazz

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• I think both. I can be really mean because I came from an abusive household and I don't like man to have control of me so I tend to turn the tables sometimes but I'm not always a witch, I can also be the most loving and affectionate person too. Sometimes I think my boyfriend deserves someone who's kinder to him.

There are also certain areas of my relationship where I feel I deserve better. My boyfriend was never very affectionate and was also cold in the bedroom, that's right ladies and gents that means no for play. I felt like I deserved someone who would try as hard to show me I was loved and try to please me the same as I did for them.

There's a lot of give and take and two sides to everything.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 14

• Been on both sides of that equation. I knew I deserve better when they were cheating on me And I deserve better when they were abusive. But they deserved better when I was shut off emotionally. To beat down to really love someone.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't understand this concept and think it's a bunch of BS. I have had 2 ex's tell me that they feel like I'm to good for them and that they don't deserve to be my queen. I think it's a cover up for something they did and now they feel guilty.

1|0
    1|0
    • Take it from a woman who has told a couple of men they we're too good for me. I was damaged goods as far as I was concerned!!! One man in particular I loved with all my heart, but couldn't show let alone express it. Then there were the guys I made sure they caught me cheating on them at their homes so they would break up with me because I was too screwed up to end those bad relationships myself. Thinking someone is too good for you is a real thing.

• Show All
    • I agree 100% But at that time I thought he was deaf, blind, and dumb about me and what I saw as nothing but flaws in myself.

• yeah I can understand that. I don't know maybe I just see and belive in what makes someone special lol

• I always thought that way about my ex'. It was true, actually. Not as a cover up, rather, because of my own insecurity.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am the best she can have as she is the best i can have. None of us do think if we deserve better what so ever

0|0
    0|0
  • She always deserved better, I keep feeling like she settled for me.

She was/is one in a million and deserves someone who is worth it. 😊

0|0
    0|0
    • But saying she settled with you in theory insults her as it means she picked under what she is worth

• Show All
    • Its usually the case that people don't know what they are worth

• I'm a strong believer that self worth is needed for a successful relationship

• No one perfect in the world.
    Few people skilled at few things.
    Others good at few other things.
    Not required to measure , if you truly love the person.

0|0
    0|0
  • I worked hard to make sure what she deserved she got. In retrospect that was rarely returned to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • They used me until they were off heroin then walked away. Oh well but it hurt.

0|0
    0|0
  • I use to but worked out it's a silly was to look at it

0|0
    0|0
  • Actually if you constantly feel this way it is a sign of low self esteem

0|0
    0|0
  • I feel like she deserves better

1|0
    0|0
  • Never. I AM THE PRIZE. :)

0|1
    0|0
  • Both I've been on both ends

0|0
    0|0
  • Kinda both!

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 8

• It all depends on the relationship. How each is being treated. If he or she picked you out of the world just you, just enjoy him or her bc everyone has somebody that they deserve and that's both sides. Cheers! ☺

1|0
    0|0
  • I've been the one thinking he deserves better. And when I was in abusive relationships I thought that's what I deserved. After a lot of work, I think differently now, much happier πŸ‘πŸ˜»πŸ•πŸ™

1|0
    0|0
  • I am always too good for them, this is why I like cats, only then will the roles reverse.

0|0
    0|0
  • We both deserved better. It wasn't gonna work for either of us.

0|0
    0|0
  • I deserved better. He deserved different.

1|0
    0|0
  • A bit of both.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it’s equal.

0|0
    0|0
  • Both of us deserve better especially him.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes