Why would my ex boyfriend call me to see how I'm doing?

So me and my ex boyfriend broke up 3 weeks ago and we were together for 1 and a half years
Its both our longest relationship
He wanted to focus on pursuing his dream job so he can't give me 100% commitment, time and attention anymore so he had to let me go
But he still wants to remain friends
We didn't talk much during the first week of the break up other than him messaging me to apologize to me
He asked me out on valentines day to the movies and for dinner and he also bought me bouquet of flowers that day
Ever since that day, he has been contacting me more often via facebook messaging
Then yesterday night, he asked me if he could call me and I said "yeah" coz I thought he had something important to tell me
So he called me straight away
And then we had a 20 minute conversation
He was asking how Im doing, my job, my weekend plans, what I've been upto
And then he was talking about his job and about the career he's pursuing right now and his future plans about it
And then he kept asking me "have u been on going dates? Tell me. I dont care"
And I would just try to avoid that topic because I have been going on dates but Im not gonna tell him that
And then he kept asking me "tell me how many dates youve been on? Are u going on dates this weekend? Just tell me.. i dont care. And I know how you are. you're not like me. All I do is go to work, come home, eat, sleep and then gym and then home again. I know you go out everyday. But if u are going on dates, good luck. Hope u find a guy that can deal with your craziness"
Like why does he keep asking me if im going on dates?
If he doesn't care, then why keep asking and saying all of this?
And why would he randomly want to call me? He wants to see how im doing?
I still have feelings for him and dont wanna lose him but im just frustrated on what he wants!
Do you guys think he lost romantic feelings for me?
Seems like he lost romantic feelings for you
Seems like he still has romantic feelings for you
GirlGuy
5
6