Girls, I got a second chance with someone I really like. What is the best move now?

I was seeing this girl for around 2 months, we took things to fast, and she wasn't ready to be exclusive, that made me get some anxiety about things, and after that things went downhill between us. We took sometime off and decided to have a fresh start for the new year. I really like her, and we have been on a few dates since and I am taking it slow, it's been about a month now, and we haven't slept with each other this time. Any advice as to how I should play this out. I don't want to force anything on her. Should I keep taking it slow and when it happens it happens?

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Let her take the lead and be patient. If you love her, and see this as long term, you have all the time in the world!

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 31

• The thing is, you don't want to rush it again. But you can't just let fate decide. I would suggest you do small things for her and compliment stuff like her dress, then you can gradually do more and more. She will start to realize how important you are to her. Then you two should talk it through. Hopefully it works out between you two :)

0|1
    0|0
  • Seeing that she's the one that wasn't ready, follow her lead. Take things slow for now and when she's ready to get more serious, she'll let you know.
    Communication is key. Let her know how much you like her and how grateful you are to have this second chance, explain to her that you don't want to mess things up or pressure her.
    Good luck!

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes keep taking it slow and pay attention to her. Listen, truly hear her when she is expressing herself that includes body language. Let her know you are thinking of her when you are not together, girls love that. If you keep things on a steady pace she'll let you know when she is ready.

1|0
    0|0
  • Take it slow and just chase her. Girls loved to be spoiled, even if you aren't spending money to do it. Then, when she feels like she's ready for it, she will let you know.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah take it slow, but don't be creepy or needy about it, show her you have other and sometimes better things to do so she gets more motivation to try to be with you as much as you're trying, give her some game to play so she will fall for you and since you seem like a good guy eventually give her what she wants by being with her. Don't let it be too easy, things that start fast end fast. Keep it fresh boy, you got this,

0|0
    0|0
  • Actions speak louder than words. Show her how much this means to you and how you really want it to work. Effort is important. Take it slow. Let her be comfortable.

0|1
    0|0
  • of course u should take it slow
    me and boyfriend took 10 months to have lip kiss and and fuck up but still we are not naked to eachother
    let her take her owntime don't rush it

0|0
    0|0
  • It just seems to me like you're walking on eggshells for this girl. i think you should keep your options open and not focus so much on this "one " girl.

0|0
    4|0
  • Just take your time , keep doing what you're doing and wait foe the right time.. there is always a right time everything

0|0
    0|0
  • Take it slow with her so u don't mess up and see what happens

0|0
    0|1
  • Message her spend time with her. like most guys don't messages and I just don't get it.

0|0
    0|0
    • I really don't get... messages are important. I hate them but come on dude. send a text

• listen.. i dont think that slow thing is the best thing. if u like her just do it in your way... surpise her

0|0
    1|0
  • Yes, keep taking it slow. It sounds like it's going well!

0|0
    0|0
  • Best move would be to not fuck Up

3|0
    0|1
  • Yeah, take it way slow

2|0
    0|0
  • be urself but space things out

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah keep going slow

0|0
    0|0
  • Play it by ear.

0|0
    0|0
  • be confident and go slow - get to know her

1|0
    0|0
  • Does she not want a relationship?

0|0
    0|0
    • I think she does, but when things went downhill before it was mostly my anxiety about us after ask if we were exclusive. I think I may have brought it up to soon. I asked her if we could have a fresh start together after the new year and so it's been about a month now.

• Show All
    • Thanks, I know, that isn't why things went downhill though. It was how I responded to it because of my anxiety. But that is in the past now and it goes back to my question. :)

• In this situation I think your best bet is to enjoy your time together and continue to take things slowly, maybe that will put her more at ease. She obviously likes you or wouldn't want to try again :)

• More from Girls

Recommended myTakes