Should I feel guilty if my girlfriend wants kids and I don’t?

FriendlyDrugDealer
This is kinda of a really personal question and I would appreciate your honesty on this one.

So my girlfriend and I have been together for about 10 months and we both have discussed kids before in the past and I told her I was kinda on the fence but I’m trying to be optimistic about them in our future together.

Over the months, I learned I’m more than comfortable with being an uncle than being a dad to be very honest. Kids are very important to her and she’s the god mother of her best friend’s kids but she always thought about having her own family and she wants to have one with me.

I told her a month ago that I have decided not to have kids anymore because of personal reasons and she seemed down but yet accepted that and still wants to be with me, I can’t help but feel guilty as if robbing her of a possible future of her having a family, what do you think?
You shouldn’t feel guilty
You should feel guilty
GirlGuy
+1 y
I want to thank every single one of you for taking your time and sharing your opinion on this matter with me. You all have deep and interesting perspectives, Thanks everyone!
85
74