Why is this girl acting so confusing towards me?

I've been talking to this girl for 5 months now. We went out on a bunch of dates and always laugh and have a good time. We hung out a lot and pretty much discussed that were friends with benefits. But recently I think she caught feelings. She's always holding my hand and even resting her head on me in public.

Anyways the other night we were at a bar and she randomly just said to me “im single” and i was like good for you... she told me she liked me 4 times to my face. She asked me if i liked her this same night and i told her yeah i do. Then i asked her sarcastically if she liked me and she said “yeah in a friends with benefits type of way but laughing” the relationship is more than friends with benefits. We dont always hook up. We just genuinely enjoy each others company.

Why would she just say “im single” so randomly? Like shouldn't she know that I know were not in a relationship? Its not like i even treat her like a girlfriend. Like I won’t even text her good morning or good night texts. I deff. do like her though
1
1