Why do people cheat?

If you’re in a good relationship why would one cheat even if they love the person they are with?Why do people cheat?

1|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Because 9 times out of 10 couples that are together for a long while get bored/tired of one another. It usually revolves around one of the two trying harder than the other. The flame the couple once had is barely lit! Instead ofctryi ng to spark the flame with your life partner usually the man will spark things with new/other females. I say USUALLY! But if I had to guess I would say about 75% of the time it's the male and 25% of the time it's the female that looks elsewhere for another spark to a new flame!

3|0
    0|1
  • Because they have a low EQ and a shitty moral compass. It's so simple... if you want to be with someone else, break up with the person you're with so you avoid hurting the person you're with. You're a scumbag if you knowingly cheat and stay in a relationship.

0|0
    0|0
    • Most cheaters are men and they can't break up with there wife's because he's scared maybe the wife is abusive and he does not wanna lose 50% of everything he has stop calling them a scum bag they just don't know what to do

Most Helpful Girls

• If someone cheats, it`s not a good relationship and the person obviously doesn`t love the partner. Cheating can be caused by lack of communication or needs not being met or fulfilled. Very few to no people would actually cheat in a good relationship. Real people would call it off and find someone else

0|0
    0|0
  • If I had the answer to that I wouldn't be home on GAG right now.
    They #1 lack self respect
    #2 self centered think only of their needs
    #3 no self control we can think of what it would be like with someone else, it doesn't mean we act on it.
    #4 I do believe for some cheaters they don't think it through, they don't think if caught how devastating it will be for all involved, it has a ripple effect it hurts so many.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 35

• In a good relationship? Good question. I can think of lots of reasons, but when you say "good relationship" I don't know. When I thought I was in a good relationship, I never cheated. Thought about it? Sure! Never did it. But after a very long time with no sex, I moved on. Not cheating when you leave her first

0|0
    0|0
  • People are not honest with each other. Of course there should be a reason behind such behavior. I believe that's probably some issues that you don't want to talk about with your partner. I cannot understand why people cheat. What kind of person you should be to do something like this.

0|0
    0|0
  • In a good relation that won't happen, but maybe s/he's trying to figure out his/her true feelings, and having an adventure will reveal how really cares about the partner. I mean, they can feel guilty and never go ahead with the other one, but if there's a lot more going on, they should end their relation, not cheat.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's because they can get a rush from that. It's like a very wealthy person shoplifting just for the fun of it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they are not ready or mature enough for a relationship. If you are ready to be in a monogamous relationship cheating won't come across your mind.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because that person invested your trust and makes you more vulnerable. At the same time that person tries to get away with it because they think you'll STILL trust them

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they are bored and tired of their relationship? But cheating means the death of love. When people cheat it means they don't love their partner anymore

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they're pieces of human shit, that is the only reason.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not possible. If theyre happy they wouldn't cheat. Something has to be missing. Perhaps the relationship just has become too dull.

0|1
    0|0
  • Its coz the attraction which comes in humans and where people get confused between love and attraction.

0|1
    0|0
  • The term "cheat" is erroneous and stupid, and should not be used by anyone. That's the real answer here.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course it’s an image of a guy heating on his girlfriend how typical. 🙄

0|0
    0|0
  • From my experience, it's cause they just don't care or feel as if they need multiple people to feel happy or something exciting.

0|0
    0|0
  • Needs. Some people need more sex than others. They don't want to kill their partner so sleeping with other people too is the only option.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have the same question, but I think that you deserve someone good, and what you had just looks good "gold plated"

0|0
    0|0
  • Ultimately the reasons for the cheating are flimsy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because theyre not in love with the person theyre in a relationship with.

1|0
    0|0
  • If their happy they wouldn't cheat. No excuse for cheating, it always can and should be avoided.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because the other isn't willing to try new things or stuff

1|0
    0|0
  • Because they are selfish assholes with no integrity.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they don't care about relationships and will go for anything they can get there hands on

0|0
    0|0
  • People has two intentions behind doing everything in the world.

1. sex
    2. inportance

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they don't love the one their with and they have the emotional maturity of a 12 year old.

0|0
    0|0
  • People cheat for the excitement and the desire to be needed

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they don’t love the one they’re with

0|0
    0|0
  • Generally because they’re idiots

0|0
    0|0
  • Cause we jus wanna fuck

1|0
    0|0
    • What if it goes on for years? You hear about long standing affairs... Still just a fuck?

• Show All
    • Wasn’t disrespectful just wondering what u thought when it’s the same chick for years

• I mean it can mean anything feelings maybe I've had on n off sex with an x I was with for eight years we probably jus werent over each other I'm more over her than she is me though

• Cheating is exciting.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lust.

0|0
    0|0
  • Insecurity and no trust not even in themselves

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 19

• If they see no way out. People rarely cheat in a good relationship. If someone cheats, the relationship wasn't good to begin with.

0|0
    0|0
  • Some people don't feel love until they are in a position of neediness for the other person so when they don't feel a need for the person and have other options - they are incapable of loving that person.

0|0
    0|0
  • People tend to cheat because a need isn't being met and usually they take the cowards way by cheating instead of talking to that person and possibly hurting their feelings.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they’re not ready for a relationship. I know that if I was suddenly in a relationship I wouldn’t like not being able to go out and pump who I want. That’s why I’m not in a relationship right now

0|0
    0|0
  • I’ve heard it said this way and I’m translating so if it sounds weird just bare with me “men are the worst negotiators. They trade gold for copper”

0|1
    0|0
  • Cheaters cheat because they’re either too weak to say no and stay honest and faithful or they’re not happy in the relationship and are too cowardly to finish it

0|0
    0|0
  • People these days are too stupid asshole to like to get alway with cheating. I been cheated on twice. they didn't get always with it. cheater are cheater. better to dump them.

0|0
    0|0
  • because they always think the grass is greener on the other side!

1|3
    0|0
  • Because they're selfish.

0|0
    0|0
  • they aren't happy

0|2
    0|0
  • Thrills.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hun that is not love.

0|1
    0|0
  • Its just their nature

0|1
    0|0
  • Feelings are inconstant. They change over time.

1|1
    0|0
  • Cause they're assholes ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

0|0
    0|1
  • Cos people are fucking dicks

0|0
    0|0
  • I was in relationship a couple weeks ago. It lasted a little over a year. But it all ended when I found out he was cheating on me with someone he used to hate so much. And called her names. Now they are dating. I should've listened to people when they said he was and all the proof I was shown. And the clearest signs when he accused me of cheating and calling me cuss words almost every day. And would argue about me cheating when I have not at all ever cheated on him. I loved him and I saw a future with him. Till I was showed he texted the girl way back in October that he loved her and not me and that she was the best thing that happened to him and that he didn't want to lose her. I shattered my heart. So I lost trust in every single guy and the next guy I date (not gonna be for a long time) is gonna have to build my trust with him. I don't want to be cheated on again. I'm only 16 I didn't deserve that. But I have regrouped and I am better than ever cause I'm not living a lie or and emotionally controlling abusive cheating relationship. I am so much happier now. I'm gonna find me a real man.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have no idea but my opinion is they’re just cowards who just can’t say the truth it’s really not that hard to be like hey I don’t feel it anymore rather then a damn hoe. Or they’re just plain out idiotic. Or it’s on the abusive level and they’re trapped or scared to get out.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they are looking for something that the current partner can’t provide. Better to break up and find that person that they really want to be with.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes