Why do you guys sometimes feel neglected by your girlfriend?

My boyfriend told me he has got a feeling that i'm neglecting him, he didn't seem to have a strong reason for it, he just feels that way. All that he said is that he feels like he must ask me weeks ago to make a plan with me, which I don't find really true. We see each other very often. I feel like there's something else to it. What causes you guys to feel that way?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Some people say absence makes the heart grow fonder, but I don't think so. He just wants more time with you so I'd get something scheduled so that there can be some sort of expectation. The issue you'll run into is when people don't want to do that...

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Listen to him if he feels rejected. Relationships are about working to help your partner feel happy and comfortable and if he doesn't, there is something wrong.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 27

• If a Guy really want to be with a Girl he is going to spend a lot of effort to be with her. And when it trips down fast he start to wonder if he is starting Lise her. So if you want more own time and it is early in the relationship when is hard. But he feel this what because he loves you

1|0
    0|0
  • A guy doesn't want to feel special or anything. A guy wants to be attracted by his girl. He can feel neglected if you don't give him this feeling. It's not that you have to touch him or sleep with him every day. It's those little moments that you show you don't take him for granted.

1|0
    0|0
  • Remember... Don't treat your man like a baby... But you must view him as one...

Constant show of love and support is important... Even if he says no need to...

One thing that riles me is when I tell her something... And 10 minutes later she asks me the exact thing I just told her... That tells me she doesn't pay attention to what I say... And that's definitive neglect...

0|0
    0|0
  • Women now day r useless. Would u feel neglected if your man was useless

0|0
    3|0
    • Thats bullsh! t darling

• When there's a stark difference in enthusiasm while meeting him vs her friends, when the guys constantly compliments and praises his girlfriend but gets nothing in return, when it's always his turn to plan a date, when meeting up becomes routine etc etc.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just like girls need and want attention, so do guys. But the more likely reason is that he's dealing with grief or depression. You need to be his channel to share. Just sit down and have a heart to heart conversation with him. It'll definitely help.

1|0
    0|0
  • It could be he is unhappy with the quantity of time he spends with you, or is unhappy with the quality of time he spends with you. It also could be he's unhappy in general and doesn't know where this feeling comes from.

0|0
    0|0
  • I feel that way when my girlfriend doesn’t talk much to me, or isn’t very affectionate, so on. It goes both ways with us, though.

0|0
    0|0
  • When girls don't take initiative. Guys are supposed to do stuff first, but after a while it feels like he's unwanted. Surprise him by doing something first, make him seem like a priority

0|1
    0|0
  • Are you not doing anything fun or pro-active with him? Seeing people on a daily basis and interacting with them/talking with them is kind of different... Go do something haha

0|0
    0|0
  • No absolutely not. My girlfriend is the most caring person I ever met. She is always around me, she always talks to me, she is mostly so lovely

1|0
    1|0
  • He wants to spend more time with you. Some people like having lots and lots of attention to be happy

0|0
    0|0
  • The lack of talking. sometimes when a guy really likes a girl he wants to spend every second with her

0|1
    0|0
  • Guys can be needy too, maybe take a couple more days out to go out and do something

0|0
    0|0
  • Think he wants something which he isn't getting. Best is to sit down and talk to him

0|0
    0|0
  • U are not making him feel loved like he is being dragged behind you and not with you

0|0
    0|0
    • Ugh I still don't get why would he feel like that

• Show All
    • What's a lot compared to what u do with friends and family

• We both go to uni and don't have a lot of time during the week so we see each other once a week and we spend weekends together. It's a lot compared to our schedule and we couldn't make it more often. I see my friends and family once a week too.

• It means he needs some attention from you. Just don't ignore him

0|0
    0|0
  • Always put your boyfriend first. Putting any other guy first will cause problems

0|0
    0|0
  • Because the girlfriends are always worried about other people besides your boyfriend or the kids

0|0
    0|0
  • Because he loves you and doesn't want to lose you I guess

0|0
    0|0
    • Why would it mean that?

• Don't know it was the first thing that popped into my head

• If I had a girlfriend I would neglect her every day.

0|0
    2|0
  • Eell maybe because they keep sneaking srounf with thrir phone

0|0
    0|0
  • You don't organize anything

0|0
    0|0
  • It's our cry for more sex honestly

1|0
    0|0
  • Give him attention and love 😂

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably cuz she is neglecting him

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd feel neglected if there were social events we'd both be able to go to but instead she went by herself.

I'd also feel neglected if she used her phone whist we were doing something together

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• Yes it is important to find reason for this in relationship!

0|0
    0|0
  • Men r big babies they want a loof a woman s attention

0|0
    1|1
  • We just do

0|0
    0|0
  • Mine is too needy.
    I need way more me time but he is very sensitive and tries to win my attention.

0|0
    1|0

Recommended myTakes