My boyfriend is being a complete jerk. how do I go about this/get back at him?

So my boyfriend has basically been mad at me for the past 24 hours. I cooked him dinner last night bc he was sick and he didn’t eat any, slept on the floor and has ignored me the whole day even though I’ve said sorry (for doing I don't know what) and have tried to talk to him. When he leaves tomorrow I’m giving him 1 chance to say sorry or to stop his shitty attitude. If he doesn’t, I’m thinking of ignoring him until he realises what he’s done and apologises. This has worked in the past. Please help!

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 15

• Maybe that's worked before in the sense that it's forced him to come to the negotiating table like a defeated army, but I doubt it was more effective than that. In general, not talking is a poor way to solve relationship problems. If you don't learn to tell each other your problems, you won't fix them.

0|2
    0|0
    • 5d

That’s what I told him. He’s right next to me, awake, completely pretending I don’t exist while I’m trying to ask to talk to him

• 5d

What an immature jerk. This is how toddlers solve problems. I'm just waiting for him to glare at you and lisp "I'm ignoring you!" Maybe tell him that and see if his wounded pride forces him to talk to you. I don't really know the situation too well. Would he resent that long-term?

• 5d

I don’t know either. Whenever I take a break from our conversations (because he starts to overreact) he calls me childish. I am so stuck on what to do which is why I suggested for me to ignore him back. It seems like the only way to get his head out of his ass

• Stop acting like a little kid. You guys need to communicate and solve the problem. “Get back at him”. Are you out of your mind?

1|5
    1|0
    • 5d

If you’ve bothered to read any of the other comments you will realise what I meant and how childish he is acting. Don’t comment if you don’t have anything meaningful to contribute.

• Show All
    • 5d

He's not that wrong though. I am sorry to say but stop jumping to conclusions. The plot you have to give him silent treatment will 100% make this all worse. It's silly. Just like he's being right now. Don't be the same. Rise up and be the maturer person here.

• 5d

I definitely worded the question wrongly. I’m not going to stoop down to the level and I’m going to get him to sit down and talk to me about what’s going on. It’s just really unlike him to be doing this so as you can imagine I’m confused and a bit upset.

• Sounds like a baby. He sick so he slept on the floor? Or don't know how good he has it. If you can't talk to him bout what up then either be nosey snoop around. Or move on you should always be able to talk yo eachother

1|0
    0|0
    • 5d

I definitely agree with the fact that we should always be able to talk to each other. Truth is, this relationship feels a bit one sided at times, like I’m doing all the work. I don’t think it’s me at fault here.

• Show All
    • 5d

Yep definitely going to do that. Only trouble is sometimes I find it hard to be assertive. I kind of want the situation to be over and it’s like I’m willing to say sorry for something I haven’t done to diffuse the situation

• 5d

Well a sorry don't mean shit if you don't know why you're sorry

• So he is sick so he is not in a chearfull mood and u are stressing him more nice

3|1
    1|0
    • 5d

Well when I mean sick, he had a small fever as he got vaccinated. I haven’t done anything but been there for him and took care of him. And it hurts a lot for him to treat me like this

• Show All
    • 5d

I don't even know what to say to you lol... I hope you find a girlfriend that doesn't end up hating your guts some day

• 5d

I have one lol we don't argue or fight as we both speak to each other and have a full understanding of how life works so far u have made no valid point just attempt to insult me which means nothing so meh guess you are showing you age

• Can tell you're immature. Confront the situation head on, ask exactly what the problem is. If he can't do that then he's just as bad.

0|1
    0|0
    • 5d

Her boyfriend seems immature, she's mature enough to cook for him & even say sorry unconditionally

• Show All
    • 5d

I confronted him head on last night and no I’m not planning on ignoring him. He was awake right next to me and said that he needed to sleep and otherwise ignored me. He couldn’t even talk to me for 5 minutes and just went back on his laptop. I think its him that immature.

• 5d

Good on you. To be honest I think you just need to get out of that relationship. No need to get back at him, be the bigger person and walk away. Like I said, if he can't even hear you out/throwing the toys out the pram he's just as bad.

• my idea is not be with someone who pisses you off to the point you have to play games to get attention

1|0
    0|0
  • Non agressive ignorance is a great form of punishment. Let him know he is not important in your life.

0|0
    0|1
    • 5d

The only thing is I don’t want the whole situation to get worse. In my gut it feels like a good diffuser but otherwise it’s telling me to talk to him in the morning.

• 5d

Up to you.

• I hope you realize that he will have no idea why you're ignoring him. Us men are pretty dense, so yiu have to be straight with us

0|0
    0|0
    • 5d

I’m not ignoring him at all. I’ve told him straight up countless times that him and I needed to talk, no more mind games and that what he is doing is not okay.

• Show All
    • 5d

Yeah if only I could edit the post to make it clearer

• 5d

If you go to G@G's proper website and pull up the question you can post an update

• Maybe he isn't mad and just wants to get better as fast as possible. Maybe he wasn't hungry. And honestly sometimes the floor just feels better

0|0
    0|0
    • 5d

Maybe I’ll wait until the morning to see what he’s like. It’s just really not like him at all :/

• While I feel bad for younregarding your boyfriend's attitude, I am concerned with your decision as well. Are you two always doing this?

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't play mind games. No guy likes this. Be up front and discuss why you are mad.

0|0
    0|0
    • 5d

I think I’m certainly going to do that in the morning. The thing is for the past 24 or so hours I’ve been asking him constantly, “what’s wrong”, “how can I make this better?”, “can we talk?” And saying that it isn’t nice for him to shut me out so I don’t think I’m playing any mind games

• Ure a silly girl.

0|2
    1|0
  • What did u feed him?

1|0
    0|0
  • leave him...

0|0
    0|1
  • 2 kids in a relationship doesn't work. 1 needs to be mature at least to help the other person. This becomes a childish pathetic revench game. Enjoy your relationship, hahahahahahaha

0|1
    0|0
    • 5d

Damn right. Why the hell do people think that revenge or "justice" is the answer. Just get on with your life and if he's going on with his act tell him he's being silly and don't take shit. You're partner's not 5 year olds.

• Show All
    • 5d

True

• 5d

Like I said, I worded the question wrongly. The only reason I suggested ignoring him back in the first place is because he is an immature jerk as someone else said, and playing nice doesn’t solve the problem sometimes. I know it’s really childish and no I don’t plan on actually ignoring him back, he can be a difficult person. I’m trying to navigate this so there’s no need to be rude.

What Girls Said 6

• Lol this is so funny. I think you should rry cuddling him. He seems upset like a child. Its so funny to me

2|0
    0|0
    • 5d

That’s a really good idea, and I think I’ll give that a go. And yes he is acting like a toddler! Thank you for your opinion

• 5d

No problem. Anytime girl.

• I'd suggest grab his hand all of a sudden tomorrow morning & take him to your car & he'd be surprised & he'll ask something like "what's up" & then tell him that he's been behaving so weird since the last day that it made you worried & you're planning to take him to the doctor lol 😂😂😂 ok jokes apart, why not ask him straight?

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't get back at him or ignore him back, sorry to say this but that's the most childish solution I've ever heard for something like this.
    You shouldn't have to use that sort of method to get him to treat you decently.
    Being sick isn't an excuse for him being a prick and there was no reason for you to be ignored; he's just seeking attention and acting like a child.
    I'm gonna go ahead and guess this is a highschool relationship, there's your first mistake... Girl, you deserve better. Maybe he's not ready to properly support you in a romantic way.

Since you're asking for solutions I would recommend talking to him about it seriously, and trying to have a mature conversation about it and how it made you feel. If he doesn't respond to that like... oh, I don't know, a decent human being... break it off, because he isn't ready for a relationship lmao

0|1
    0|0
    • 5d

Well by high school relationship yeah we’ve been dating for 4 years, but we’re both in uni now. We’ve been through hell and back together so it’s really hurtful for him to do this. I’ll talk to him in the morning when everyone’s had sleep. Thank you for your advice

• 5d

No problem, good luck and I hope you work things out.

• He sounds so childish, are you dating a kid or a man because the way he was acting towards is a big no. I wouldn’t handle his shit any longer

0|0
    0|0
  • I don’t think you’re ready for a relationship

2|2
    0|0
    • 5d

We’ve been dating for 4 years.

• Show All
    • 5d

Like I said in other comments I am NOT planning to do that.

• 5d

Im not reading your other comments I’m reading what I clicked on

• Dilemma

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes