What do you think of me not having a boyfriend at 26 should I feel pressured?

I don't have a boyfriend I like this guy but he's seeing someone else. I think he's confused or something Dosent know what he wants. i like him he's still talking about his EX. But is now with this other girl I think he "might have liked me but now I don't know (he's barely posted with her) makes me think it might be serious I don't know what do you think?

i don't have a. boyfriend I'm 26 should I feel pressured of getting in. A relationship or married by 30?

do I look like a shallow person I mean I don't drink like to go clubbing or any stuff that people my age are suppose to do is there something wrong with me?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• 1) You can do better than a guy who's not sure about you
    2) Pressure won't help. Just figure out what you want and go for it
    3) No, not shallow, just have different interests. But make sure to have a social life. That matters, and makes meeting men easier too.

1|1
    0|0
    • I don't know I was confused u see before he was near me he would tell me hug me hello goodbye and was always around me he was talking about his ex not to me but to my cousins I was there when he was talking to them this was in January he said he needed time 2 months later I see him now he's avoiding me and talking in a really low voice acting so weird around me then later on he brought this new girl over, I was surprised cause he barely said that he wanted to focus on him 2 months ago , I thought it was too quick, especially to get over the EX girlfriend. At the end he gave me a handshake and said that was a bad HANDSHAKE and gave me another one ☝️ I don't know why!🤷🏻‍♀️ We never introduced ourselves we are still following each other on Instagram he hadn't posted anything with her until yesterday. On his stories I don't know what to think

• Show All
    • U think he can still like me even tho he's in another relationship? That's weird

• Cool :) And yeah, that is totally possible.

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 15

• Don't feel pressured by society to conform to a lifestyle of what an average 26 yr old ought to be doing. Live your life the way that makes you happy, and if you're not happy then make the lifestyle changes that will take you in the direction you want to travel

1|0
    0|1
    • Sure, easy for you to say. All well and good to be infinitely “spontaneous.” Kids aren’t something you can or should just jump into when the timer’s ticking down at the buzzer. And if you wait too long, it’s over for you. Plan ahead toward authentic goals... and most women want kids even when they say no,
      and regret it later when there’s a quiet house, no family, no one to visit them, no one to take care of them and no legacy. Can’t go back and undo such a regret when they should’ve been more mature and worked on their time-sensitive, long-term goal better.

• @shots-shots-shots i do want kids not now but yes later on

• Nothing wrong, sounds like you are just a little more mature. Don't feel pressured, you will lower your standards if you think that way. If you want to go on more dates try bumble or pick up a new hobby that may expose you to more guys.

0|1
    0|0
    • I don't know I was confused u see before he was near me he would tell me hug me hello goodbye and was always around me he was talking about his ex not to me but to my cousins I was there when he was talking to them this was in January he said he needed time 2 months later I see him now he's avoiding me and talking in a really low voice acting so weird around me then later on he brought this new girl over, I was surprised cause he barely said that he wanted to focus on him 2 months ago , I thought it was too quick, especially to get over the EX girlfriend. At the end he gave me a handshake and said that was a bad HANDSHAKE and gave me another one ☝️ I don't know why!🤷🏻‍♀️ We never introduced ourselves we are still following each other on Instagram he hadn't posted anything with her until yesterday. On his stories I don't know what to think

• Show All
    • It sounds like you are putting a lot of thought into a guy you barely know. You've only met twice?

• I am I just wanted to know what u thought about what I said and yea 4rth to be exactly

• You aren't the only one. Read these for a bit and you will see. You do not look shallow. You have not had one yet?

0|0
    0|1
  • Nothing is wrong with you. Perfectly fine to be single.

0|1
    0|0
  • Why should you feel pressurised? The guy you say you like is seeing someone else. Go after him, and you only end up being the fifth wheel on the car. Better a 60 year old virgin than someone like that.

0|0
    0|0

• @Oli211 1. He's seeing another girl.
      2. He still talks about his ex.
      3. You've never had a boyfriend.

These are all serious red flags.
      I once knew a girl like this:
      1. She had more than 1 kid.
      2. She was already involved with a man.
      3. She was HIV positive.
      4. I've never been with a woman.

If I had become involved with such a girl, I would be looking for love in absolutely the wrong place, just like you!

• Do u think she might be A rebound and yea I know it sucks cause now I'm going to have to see him at my cousins family events before well when I didn't know who he was I wouldn't see him cause I don't know he wasn't invited or was with the girlfriend. Now that he's friends with my cousins I know it will be hard for me to not see him. Before I also didn't knew who he was cause I wasn't around I live an hour away from him. But now I know it will be hard for me to see him even tho we haven't Introduced ourselves just the fact that we are following eachother and "kind of know who we are" I say kind of cause I think he might know who I am by now. It will be really awkward being around eachother, like this last time I saw him how he was acting weird around me "Avoiding me , talking quietly " and the. The double handshake " it was sooo awkward. I Dnt what to make of His behavior cause even tho we "Don't know Eachother " i didn't get why he had to act like that around me with everyone else he w

• Have you ever had a boyfriend before if no then cases like your are more common then you think, but if you have had your first boyfriend already then your fine.

0|0
    0|0
    • Well it sounds like you feel youbneed a boyfriend so you dont feel left out and alone, try focusing on yourself and your wants before finding a guy

• It will happen when you least expect it. Relax and enjoy life.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm almost 30 I dont have a wife or a girlfriend so dont feel pressure.
    Yes I would like to have one but it hasn't happened yet.

0|1
    0|0
  • It’s only pressure if you want to have children

0|1
    0|0
    • I do want to have children not right now but I do one day hopefully before I hit 30

• Having kids isn’t as simple as flipping a switch, but requires a great deal of preparation and planning. Waiting too long leads to birth defects, fertility problems and old parents. Women in their mid-20’s ought to start looking and settling sooner than later, because it takes a minimum of 3 years to get past biological infatuation to a stable relationship. And in my book, that’s not nearly long enough to get to know someone: 5 years, at a minimum. Furthermore, any woman over 30 has zero SMV and the frustration, desperation and neediness of those hitting that wall drives men away... and all the good ones will be taken by then anyhow. This is a common and regrettably preventable situation that indicates a failure to plan ahead... another trait wise men look at and select against.

Leaving it to the last minute makes me think a woman doesn’t seriously value a relationship, but looking to use any random man as a convenient, disposable commodity.

• Fuck what people think be happy

1|0
    0|1
  • I'm 40 and single, so no.

0|1
    0|0
    • Same. I wouldn’t even dream of entertaining monogamy or a closed R-word right now. 40yo fuckboy needs a little lovely assistant or two for prostate exercise... also some of them bribe me with food, music, dancing, other kind of dancing, offer up their equally cute friend, spa parties, skinny dipping.. I must’ve died in 2016. Are you guys real or is this a simulation? I’m going to have to text someone to come over and pinch me to find out. brb

• Show All
    • Should I call you Betty, Sally or Mary Ann?

• No. Just communicate with him on how you feel

0|0
    0|0
  • Find anader it's best for you

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not an issue, it's better being single rather than getting into the relationship with someone who doesn't understand and respect

1|1
    0|0
    • Yea that's true that's why I'm not with anyone cause everytime I find someone turns out they seem like they are into me but we never go out or anything we are talking and then later they end up being with someone else it ends up not working out and I get hurt and alone again.

• It might not be everyone else. Look at oneself for personal development, feedback and improvements before throwing in the towel. It can’t be everyone is a jerk, bad, etc... it’s mathematically impossible with billions of people. Respect yourself, get to a happy place in as many areas of life and don’t need anyone but want them... then positive relationships are more likely.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes