Does being upfront about feelings early on freak women out?

Met someone recently and we get along really well. We decided to be friends first and see where it takes us. Although after a couple of weeks of knowing her I'm confident I would like to take things further. I don't like playing games and wasting each other's time.

My question is, do women get freaked out if a guy is too eager to start a relationship when they don't know each other that well? From a guy's point of view, when I was younger and someone was too eager too soon, it did freak me out a little. With age and expereince I care a lot less now it seems

1