How to stop overthinking? Please help?

Don't know how to word this but I'll try my best. Have you ever overthink something and couldn't let go of the thought that the other person os a bad person? Lets say Z found something out about X, confronted them and things were cleared out and settled as well on a good note but Z won't let go of the thought of what they found and is battling wether or not X is a bad person who is just good at covering themselves up? Almost convincing themselves that they are bad. Deep down Z believe that they are overthinking and being anxious being the neurotic person that they are. Get what I mean?

I don't want to get into details.. I've asked questions about it before and i don't want people to know it's the me lol. There are times im done and over it but when im alone.. My mind starts chattering about it and it really affects my mood. I know he isn't a bad person but for some reason my mind is trying to convince me that he is. I may be overthinking it and probably very biased (the way I was raised. Even tho i know better.. Subconsciously i still kinda judge and stereotype people :( ) I would talk to him but i don't want him to feel horrible about himself and I don't want him to believe what my mind thinks of him. I also talked about this before when ot came up in a convo

13

Most Helpful Guy

• Set aside a time slot every day to think about it. E. g. between 1 and 2 p. m. Any other time, just let it go. This should help you get in the habit of controlling your thinking.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I'll try to do that more often. I haven't found the time:( thank you for being helpful

• Pleasure

Most Helpful Girl

• Lmfaoooo

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Id expect that from a 13 year old.

• I thought you were someone else posting something please I’m being serious what happened

• You’re family didn’t like gays so you secretly have a hard time