Do you ever try to set your single friends up on dates?

• Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

3|2

Most Helpful Guy

• I had someone hook me up before, the relationship only lasted eight months until I basically started to avoided her. The girl I was talking to was hot, she had quite the ass. But that's about the only thing I liked about her, we never really shared the same interests, she was childish and shallow she didn't have aim in her life. It didn't help that she was Extroverted, I liked spending time going out with her but I never liked to chill with her around me, constantly trying to get my attention. She seemed maybe needy to me, of course it might be because I was introverted but it if you knew her you'd agree.

The point is it hardly ever works

1|1
    0|2
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Only my trans friends. They tend to be self conscious wallflowers whenever we go out, so I'll get them into a "starter relationship" to boost their confidence. I always tell them not to expect these setups to lead to anything long term, just enjoy it for what it is while they build up their confidence, but to my surprise I ended up introducing two of my friends to their wives and one of them to her husband. I wouldn't be surprised if a fourth one came over this evening with her girlfriend showing off their engagement rings.

I have set guys up, but they weren't single at the time. If I'm with a bi guy I'd call up one of my bi friends with benefits before I cut those ties and they'd usually hit it off.

The last guy I dated I set up with a former friends with benefits, they were together for nearly our entire relationship (minus the months he hid that he was bi), and I haven't talked to either of them since we broke up but I hear they've moved in together.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 109

• Of course! If I see two kindred spirits longing for a connection, I feel almost obligated to lend a hand.
    Honestly, I wish people made that sort of an effort more often. It doesn't always work out - but you can often introduce an amazing couple, who would have otherwise either never met, or never introduced themselves.
    People need to do what they want. But we're a social species. It's nice to help, and to be helped.

0|0
    0|0
  • Once I did, he was my best friend. One girl cane to us in nightclub and started dancing. She clearly wanted someone so I told he he is single and it's his birthday get him. Her response was no fuck off then she pushed me to one corner. Stood close and kissed me lol. I just didn't saw this coming at all

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm actually an incredible wingman based on my track record. 9 successes, and no failures. I've developed some tactics, and they've all succeeded. It helps that it's not for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd do it for my friends if they like the girl. And if i know what their type is. I'm an honorary wingman, i happen to like these wings.

0|0
    0|0
  • "Setting someone up" implies you don't think they're competent to run their own sex lives. Just make introductions.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes it's our favorite thing to do for me and my friends when we're taking a break from trashtalking and pranking each other, we set each other up on dates. Sometimes we do all of those things at once.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know that much of anyone to do that. I asked my friends to and they all didn't even consider it. They gave me advice I didn't ask for. People used to do that for their friends all the time.

0|0
    0|0
  • No because I don't really know or interact with any single girls. If I did I would probably try to date them first.

0|0
    0|0
  • ONLY if its a mutual agreement they are willing to date mutual friends. OuO

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, we set up my best friend with her best friend and they did end up getting married!

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes and it didn’t pan out so i am not bothering again.

0|0
    0|0
  • i do go out of my way to make everyone know each other, but no. i see that as rude af.

0|0
    0|0
  • Is it a boy thing or just me and my friends but it's just something I weve never done for eachother maybe because as a group of friends were confident enough to make our own and advances

0|0
    0|0
  • Well primary reason is I am single and I still do not know the dating game.

My friends would've a better chance if he or she does this without my help

0|0
    0|0
  • I used to. But I don't have the opportunity anymore since I don't hang out with friends much. Not by choice either.

I'm lonely.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, because they are way too picky. Otherwise, I would gladly do so.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have a hard enough time setting myself up on dates. Sorry mate more important things to think about

0|0
    0|0
  • No but one of my friends tries to do it all the time and it fucking pisses me off. It gets shut down every single time

0|1
    0|0
  • I would spend with my friends a weekend in Vegas, overnight at Bellagio Hotel and pay for them if they do that

0|0
    0|0
  • I have not, but I had friends set me up on dates when I was single.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 60

• I've neva tried doing that. But, it kinda happens over the flip side just for fun, and I realize it later. It gets kinda uncomfortable then, though it neva materises. 😇💕

0|0
    0|0
  • Haven't tried and wouldn't maybe... it's their decision

0|1
    1|0
  • Nope

0|0
    0|0
  • No. But when i was younger, one if my friends and her boyfriend set me up with one of his friends. All four of us had a day together. . It was a disaster. I didn't like the guy at all ! I didn't see him again after the first date, and my friends boyfriend wasn't happy. It caused tensions between us both for a short while , but i told him he had to accept it was my choice not to see him again , and that i wasn't gonna date a guy i didn't like just to make him happy

1|0
    0|0
  • hi, two sure things in life, NEVER SET UP FRIENDS GETTING INVOLVED IN THEIR LOVE LIVES and NEVER RECOMMEND ANYONE FOR A JOB... re friends they ALWAYS SHOOT THE MESSENGER to is a good one, never tell shit keep out of it... thats my life advice xx

2|0
    0|0
  • Done it and they ended up in 11 month relationship still going. I only do it if I think they have similar values and/or backgrounds. If one of them is "picky" I let them know upfront they may not be what they want looks at first. If both parties are willing to overlook this or other superficial things and try and get to know each other, it usually works out because they take it a little more seriously than if it's just some rando you meet on tinder.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, but they're always trying set me up with the brokest, laziest, creepiest, least attractive person they can find, what's funny is they would never sate these people and i am better looking than they are, so if she thinks he's beneath her I wonder why they're always doing that, lmao.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, Mae do once in a while. It's normally someone we know who is kind of looking for either a relationship. We don't just set up or suggest someone to a random friend,. (if we do suggest someone we never suggest someone we know nothing about.)

0|0
    0|0
  • For starters u don't know any single guys and secondly I don't want to be held responsible for anything he may or may not do.
    I've been "set-up" and it's uncomfortable.
    Especially when people invite you under false pretenses of just being friends.
    You don't know what you're friends will like and who they are with you isn't how they are with their partners trust me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't set them up on a date and play "match maker", but I'd arrange an event or group outing where I'd invite a guy who's a coworker or friend from else where that I have in mind who may be a good match for a single girlfriend of mine.

0|0
    0|0
  • No.
    People have tried to set me up and I hate it. It's awkward and uncomfortable. If I think they would get along, I would introduce them as friends. Then they can see where things go naturally, without the pressure of a "date."

0|0
    0|0
  • I've been the go between when a couple of my friends were interested in each other but too shy to introduce themselves. I've never actively tried to play cupid, though. I'm not interested in playing couple's councilor anymore than my friends already ask me to.. I really wish they'd leave me out of it lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, I've heard im a great wingwoman. Back in freshman year of high school I set up two friends of mine— theyre still together, even applied to colleges together so they could go together. Honestly its one of my proudest accomplishments.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know enough people to do so. And in some cases I don't want the responsibility so I wouldn't set them up even if I had options to do so.
    That said my best friend set me up with 2 guys and they always seemed forced in my opinion... Like they wouldn't have gone for me if she didn't intervene.

0|0
    0|0
  • Since college, I've been "arranging" friends together to date each other. 5 marriages that resulted from my "bridging" are still going very strong today.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don’t set them up on dates. My friend has tried that with me in high school and it failed miserably. I like to introduce my friends to other friends of mine. Some of them have started dating and some are just happy to have more friends!

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, it was terrible. She liked guy, guy didn't like her although she is better looking one. I felt terrible when she asked me later what he thinks about her. Never again.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes and I've always been very successful with it... They call me Matchmaker Guru, I've never been wrong and they all have married or living together.

0|1
    0|0
    • Wow you have a good track record. I've never tried setting up a friend, but I've had friends set me up. I didn't have much luck with it.

• Single friends? I have like 4 friends, and they're dating each other

I'm the single friend they try to set up with datess :3

1|0
    0|0
  • they are picky and due to that never can find a gguy in their description -_-

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes