How do I get my boyfriend to stop talking to my ex?

I’ve been dating my boyfriend for 3 months, and he’s friends with my ex-boyfriend. I don’t like that. My ex and I have had numerous problems in the past that he knows about. One time he even told me I was the worst mistake of his life and disrespected me in front of me and my boyfriend’s face for no reason. Of course, I addressed this to my boyfriend and told him plenty of times I don’t like them talking. He said the two of them are not even friends, and only associates but he still allows him to mess with him and pisses me off. Another thing is that another time my boyfriend and I were having an issue and decided to vent to him about it, as if my ex is to be trusted. I can’t do it anymore, so how do I make it stop?

1241

Most Helpful Guy

• I guess u might need a different approach from what you've used already if you've already brought this to his attention. Use other means to get through to him.

If you've been giving him numerous small complaints, u might need to give him an ultimatum. Otherwise, maybe a crocodile tear or two would do the trick?

I guess you could also try to find out what he'd get really pissed about. You know, if you do, and your ex has already done it, try stressing on that more.
    Hope this was helpful. Let me know how it turns out? 😊

Most Helpful Girl

• honestly it sounds like your ex is jealous that you moved on and is now dating his friend, cause for him to disrespect you like that for no reason doesn't make any sense.

It's possible that your ex may try to make you look bad to your boyfriend cause he doesn't want you to be happy. Basically he doesn't want you, but he doesn't want someone to have you either.. meaning his friend. He probably doesn't like the fact that his friend is even dating you cause you're his ex.

If push comes to shove and your ex really start causing a bigger wedge in your relationship, then definitely sit you're boyfriend and give him an ultimatum. Tell him its either you're ex thats causing you guys problems or you.

Tell him you don't want to be around your ex anymore and him being friends with him is just stressing you out. If he picks your're ex over you, then you might have to tell him goodbye.

• If my ex was toxic, I definitely know I wouldn't like having him around me or my boyfriend either. I wouldn't want him ruining my relationship.. and if you're boyfriend can't see that that then that's a problem. When your ex disrespected you in front him, he should have stepped up to him and said knock it off.