Once you're in a relationship, does that mean you have no freedom👀?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Not if it's a good relationship. A good partner will encourage you to continue doing the things you enjoy, whether or not they participate. Of course if you are in a partnership you will have to make some time to be a partner, but how much that is depends on you and your partner.

No matter what, do not give up control of all financial resources. Adults, even if in a happy partnership, need some money that they can spend freely. My wife and I both have our own bank accounts and we don't worry about what the other spends.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends who you date. One thing that scares me off from long term dating is my fear of pregnancy and motherhood. I don't know if I'm responsible enough to be a mother or to take care of a dying husband if he gets cancer or disease one day.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 38

• It depends on what you define as "freedom" essentially.

If you mean living exactly how you did before your relationship began, then yes - you have less freedom.

But if you want to live that way, are you really in a relationship at all?

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I do have freedom. But I also give my partner the reigns to manage "our" time to things like engagements with friends and family. But I will still do things like go to the comic book store on Wednesdays.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the relationship. I have a lot of freedom in my relationship but I love doing everything with my girlfriend so xD

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes and no. If you behave like you do not give a shit about anybody, swear, talk dirty about everything, live in a mess, dont clean and tidy after yourself then yeah - you will have no freedom.

0|0
    0|0
  • You have freedom, but there are consequences for your decisions. If you feel constrained consider it may not be a match. There is always the choice to opt out of the relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, we don't own you lol your not our property once once in the relationship. Just show and proove your loyalty and don't give any reason for suspicion and you can do what you want to do. Loyalty is everything tho

0|0
    0|0
  • If you're a female, yeah. Slap on the shackles and call it a day, cuz you're a slave cuz!

1|2
    1|0
  • If it's a bad one, yes.
    If it's a good one, probably not.
    If it's an EPIC one, HELL TO THE NO!

Epic = the two partners letting each other do WHATEVER they want, no questions asked.
    Good = having to put up with the significant other's crap (what kind of material possessions they have and where they are, a girl looking through a guy's phone, etc.) with pent-up anger that will come out by slamming decorations on the floor, flipping tables, and destroying pictures.
    Bad = not letting the s. o. do anything without their permission or at all.

0|0
    0|0
    • I wouldn't let anybody check my phone, no matter who they are, and what role they have over me. This includes my hugest turn on; dominant females.
      Not even the cops would be able to check my phone. I just don't let it happen.
      Or well, maybe I'd let the cops check my phone though.

• No. It means that you are in a relationship. It doesn't mean you are bound at the hip with your partner peering over your shoulder all the time.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. If I had no freedom in a relationship, id never be in one.

0|0
    0|0
  • No freedom for sex with others guys. But if you love him that will not be difficult.

1|0
    0|0
  • Of course not , love gives freedom and don't put people in prison

1|0
    0|0
  • No, but you need to know your boundaries. Don't date someone and still behave single.

0|0
    0|0
  • At least, my freedom will be reduced. I knew that before and settled with the fact.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope your not imprisonated you should always be free to do what you want if it is right

0|0
    0|0
  • If that's a negative relationship it may be but it's not how it has to be

0|0
    0|0
  • In a good relationship, no. The only freedom you lose is the freedom to have sex with anyone.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, honey. Stop fucking with who ever convince you

0|0
    0|0
  • Once you get to a certain point in your relationship (usually once you start living together), yes you lose your freedom. Because everytime you leave, your partner is gonna wanna know where you're going, and why, and with who. And may decide to come too, even if they weren't invired. If you wanna spend money, they wanna know on what and why and make suggestions. If you wanna have company, your partner has to be in the mood. If you go to hang out and you make a decision your partner doesn't like (may be getting drunk, not charging your phone, staying out too long) you're going to face ridicule and attitude. You lose the freedom to make any decision that you want without question. The constant nagging and questioning will eventually turn you off from doing things. And you will be trapped in the house... watching Grease for the 27th damn time because she "loves that movie." Yeah... You lose your freedom.

0|0
    0|0
  • no cuz you still have freedom its not like your in jail

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 10

• If it's the right person, that relationship actually makes you feel freedom

2|0
    0|0
  • Of course not. You respect each other’s space. If you mean that.

0|1
    0|0
  • Uh no u still have freedom... If ur partner not wants u to have freedom then u need to get out of the relationship

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope

0|0
    0|0
  • You still have freedom.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yup.

0|0
    0|0
  • absolutely not

0|0
    0|0
  • Weird

0|0
    0|0
  • I’m pleasantly surprised by a lot of the guys answers here.

0|0
    0|0
  • If its the right person, it should feel like you have everything you ever wanted in the world

1|0
    0|1

Recommended myTakes