How soon do you start to miss your significant other?

When not being able to see your partner face to face, how soon do you start to miss them? Or is communication enough to keep the longing away?
  • Just after a few days.
  • After a week.
  • After a few weeks.
    Vote C
  • After a month.
    Vote D
  • After a few months.
    Vote E
  • I don't miss my significant other/I've never missed them before.
    Vote F
  • I don't have a significant other.
    Vote G
Sorry that there's no immidiately/after a few hours option. You can just vote for the first one if you miss them sooner than any of the options listed.

6575

Most Helpful Guy

• In my previous relationships, I remember not being able to stop missing them, they were always on my mind in everything I did.
    Always was thinking about them and how to surprise them with something nice, beautiful words, etc...
    Anyways, how about you?

• It really depends for me. We used to be long distance, so I kinda got used to not seeing him too often, and to forget about the longing, because it only had negative effects on me. Now that we live close to each other, we're usually having a hard time matching our schedules, but still see each other at least a couple times a week. When I know he is in town, I don't really miss him that much, because he is just a walking distance away. But he is going abroad today, and I feel like I miss him already. I just saw him yesterday.

• Well, if you see a future together, than stick to it and hold on to the relationship no matter how hard it could get in my own opinion.
      I think maybe the more we miss them regardless the distance is the more we are attached to them. I may be wrong, that is just my point of view.
      I remember people telling me "Out of sight out of mind" while I know sometimes it is not true if the love is really strong :-)

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm in a LDR and I only see him once a month for a couple of weeks, so I think this one is even harder for me. I don't get to see him often and I dread the days where I go back home. I miss him before I even get on the train sometimes if that even makes sense. Especially lately, I'm not sure why because for the first year of the relationship I think I coped better, but now I end up crying on the train home and that first night away from him.

That being said, I can "get by". I definitely miss him but after the first few days I get back into the routine of things and distract myself. It's usually a couple weeks later when I start planning to see him next and really looking forward to it. We're looking for somewhere to move in together actually because we both can't deal with missing eachother all the time.