What is your opinion on polygamy?

It seems okay for one to marry only one spouse but have many sex partners. For example; A husband has only one wife, a girlfriend (s), a mistress (es), a friend (s) with benefits and one night stand (s).

Is it okay to practice polygamy in today's world where the female population outnumbers the male population?

What is your opinion on polygamy?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Where the F do you live that women out number men by any reasonable quantity? It is only a statistical thing that there are more women because women live longer. So unless you like women over 70 it is nearly 50/50.

I can only think of a handful of places in the world where there is a noticeable imbalance and there is usually a reason. Example Ukraine because the men drink a lot. Utah because mormon's don't want divorced women.

I think polygamy is hard to do right, how coild there not be jealousy? Which wife do you love more? Spend more time with?

It's one thing to invite a third person over for fun but true relationships require commitment.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 8

• I'm really against polygamy.
    It's just ridiculous in my opinion

0|1
    0|0
  • For me that's cheating but if both are perfectly ok with it they can do it even if I don't really understand this.
    If they truly love each other they wouldn't need to have another partner.

1|3
    0|0
  • Jealousy is human nature might i add an element of true honestyin accord to situations. In my experiences and opinion there are two people involved in a relationship many times and often one id fat more vested ans and emotional; Generally that is the infatuated, or obe ib love where rhe 2nd party is rather drvout about poly Amory. Now attempting to br acceptibg or even poddibly once upob a time open to suxh an arrangement, a shift occurs. A jealousy or deep bonf groeing. This is often the time e when fuels flow as well as emotions and deep seeded eill to fight for that which they so adore.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's clearly not for me

1|2
    0|0
  • If I can have multiple husbands, sure.

0|0
    0|0
    • Like how many?

• Show All
    • A man is more sexual than a woman, biologically. And if a man has more than one wife, there are no problems of sexual disease. But if a woman is having more than one husband, then there are chances of Veneral disease, more chance of AIDS, more chance of general diseases. That’s the reason, why polyendry is not recommended. Polyandry, is the woman having more than one husband.

• you do know women carry stds just as much, arguably it's worse because they don't carry symptoms

• Would you share a woman with another man?

0|0
    0|0
    • would you be okay to be shared with another man?

• You haven't answered my question

• Who thinks this is okay? Certainly not women

1|0
    0|0
    • Intelligent women think it is better

• Show All
    • I don't know your sister but just say suppose she is an adult and she happens to be one of those unfortunate ladies, who has not got married and living in America, What would you prefer for your sister? Would you prefer your sister, marry a man who already has a wife, or become a public property?

• These are facts, do your research.
      Now answer me;
      Would you prefer your sister to marry a man who already has a wife, or become a public property?

• It is mot for me.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 16

• I do not support it as it creates a lot of problems when children become involved, you aren't getting that emotional connection we as humans need because we use the excuse that more the merrier is the best approach to feeling satisfied when it is clearly the opposite.

1|1
    0|0
  • If you and who you're with are up for it then you guys do that.

It's just definitely not what I'm looking for. Sounds like someone who can't control themselve's warped way out. I'd need convincing on how you could differentiate the true love from the other sexual partners because obviously youd have to be close with them for then to agree to that and if you're close with them what makes them different from the actual wife?

0|0
    0|0
  • It's definitely not for the common person. You have to be incredibly open-minded and accepting to live that lifestyle successfully. My wife and I are polygamous, but that's because each of us knows that there's certain fetishes, fantasies, preferences, etc. that we can't perform for one another that others can.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its fine if every person makes a free choice. In most polygamist societies it doesn't work that way. Underage women are pressured to marry older high-status men while many young men go without partners.

0|0
    0|0
  • i don't think governments should sanction them as official marriages but i'm fine with people being in relationships with multiple people. that's their decision

the ratio of women to men is not so great that there is a NEED for polygamy

0|0
    0|0
  • Polygamy is a great idea if you want a population explosion but most would oppose it due solely to high moral standards personally I don't support or oppose it just a different lifestyle

0|0
    0|0
    • Heh? Just use birth control, like monogamous couples do. Dunno what you mean about "population explosion."

• Show All
    • I don't know who that is but whoever he is, he's retarded. That has nothing to do with polygamy being inherently bad-- that's due to him and his wives being uneducated fools, likely, if he's like one of those cult leader-types.

• The biggest family in the world is an example of polygamy and shows how many wives can have many children and become rather huge

• If it works for you, great! I'm not against it at all! It's not my thing, but I'm a player and a swinger.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't see the problem with it, at all. It's perfectly normal and natural for people, especially guys, to want to have sex with multiple people, not just one for the rest of their life.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm fine with it as long as it's between consenting adults.

0|1
    0|0
  • To me, if you love someone then you won't need more than one partner

0|0
    0|0
    • Sometimes unfortunate circumstances happen which forces a person to marry a second time.

• I have given my opinion

• If gay marriage is legal, then polygamy should be too,

0|0
    0|0
  • It was a way to house and feed exes without throwing them on the street or paying alimony.

0|0
    0|0
  • only in terms of low population.

0|0
    0|0
  • Kinda weird tbh

0|0
    0|0
    • How is it weird? Actually it is tradition in many places

• I think it defeats the purpose of a relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • That isn't polygamy. That is just an open relationship. Polygamy, specifically polygyny and polyandry, involve multiple marriages. The word has been misused often.
    Anthropologically speaking, it's acceptable in the majority of the world. Western culture has made it tabboo, but Western is vastly outnumbered.
    Only one culture in the world practices polyandry, a small community in Malaysia I believe. It has something to do with land inheritance and very limited livable land.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes