Were you more fussy about Relationships/dating, as you've got older or were you when you were younger?

I for 100% have got way way way more fussy as i've got older, when i was younger i wasn't very fussy at all and would fall for guys really quick, the only thing though is now im more realistic because when i was younger i thought about it like a Disney movie <3 and thought i was going to meet my prince charming and stuff one day lol, which i know now is unlikely, but in terms of knowing what i want and don't want now its made me more fussy, definitely care about personality and looks more than i use to as well, how about you?
Were you more fussy about Relationships/dating, as you've got older or were you when you were younger?

• I've got more fussy as i've got older.
    Vote A
  • I was more fussy when i was younger.
    Vote B
  • It's stayed the same.
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|3

Most Helpful Guy

• i've been the same forever

In terms of looks, i like something pretty specific but not picky.

If a girl can't sexually stimulate my mind it probably won't work
    (teasing). She has to be able to paint pictures into my head with what she says. She has to be playful.

It's hard finding somebody compatible to me in that aspect.

It's part of my nature as a gemini

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• My perspective on the ideal partner has changed since my early twenties... I didn't get a boyfriend until I was ready for one in my twenties.

I have always wanted someone that was loving, affectionate and caring.

They were the 3 wants in a guy

I had too be attracted to them, not purely on looks but also on how I felt whenever I met up with them.

I can't say it's changed drastically just that I am more aware and smart about the qualities I want in a man.

The man that I end up with will be my partner in life and the father too my kids so just having good looks will not satisfy me or the future kids in the long haul.

1|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 29

• I think for me it wasn't a matter of taste rather than what I've learned from the experience of falling for certain people. I can still fall pretty hard but i think Im more structured in my choosing. wouldn't say its being fussy, just more informed.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have always been fussy and my standards keep going up lol.
    As you get older you start realizing what you truly want out of being and soon begin weeding out the undesirables whether that is woman or your friends.

1|0
    0|0
  • I used to be really fussy when I was younger, my list of acceptable criteria has become less and less. The main reason is, as I have gotten older, more and more people are married off leaving less and fewer people to date. My list is down to, they need to be healthy (as in taking care of their self), nonsmoker, and only will drink on a special occasion if at all.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sorry... You refer to getting older... Yeah, maybe in your 20s, you're fussy. I'm not the least bit surprised. Once you hit 30 or so, I'm pretty sure you'll get less fussy. That's not just me, as a guy, but many I've met many of both sexes, and we're just not that fussy like many in their 20s

1|0
    0|0
  • I got a lot less fussy as I got older. When I was young I always tried to make everything perfect, and I would always try and have that fairy tale love and such. As I got older I just kind of realized I just want someone who accepts me as I am

1|0
    0|0
  • If by fussy you mean pickier then I've gotten way pickier with age. I call it wisdom though because I've learned what to go for and what to not go for.

1|1
    0|0
  • i am not that fussy but thats cause ik what i like and dont like in a girl so i just talk to ones ik interest me

1|1
    0|0
  • Much more fussy about certain personality traits that are important for me and I've learned much better what specific physical features to look for that I'm attracted to.

0|0
    0|0
  • More as I got older.
    The Sad Love Story that is My Life ā†—
    Iā€™m not getting any less lonely...

0|0
    0|0
  • when you get slapped hard for younger decisions, your older ones become much more prudent, thoughtful and wise

1|0
    0|0
  • I was looking for my soul mate when I was younger then I got my heart stomped on and then could care less about all the bs.

1|0
    0|0
  • I went from 0 to 100 real quick in fussiness. But i don't think it has to do with my age, i just became more confident and started having choices.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would say less fuzzy as I got older but maybe it is more fuzzy about different things... different things matters now

1|0
    0|0
  • Only hot people are allowed to be fussy. So I've never been fussy šŸ˜›

1|0
    0|0
  • It's stayed the same although I doubt I'll have any.

1|0
    0|0
  • I've always been pretty discriminating, I think.

2|0
    0|0
  • never changed much.
    always taking it easy

1|0
    0|0
  • It's stayed the same.

1|1
    0|0
  • I was never fussy about who i dated.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not sure

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 14

• I started dating at 19, so I can't really tell yet. It's been too short of a time span. I hope I don't have to start dating ever again, because I already met my prince charming.

2|1
    0|0
  • Kinda mix of both I guess. I was very fussy when I was younger I thought all boys were idiots and just want sex but as I've grown up and seen all my friends get boyfriends It makes me want a relationship of my own more so I opened myself up more and give guys more of a chance but recently I realised men my age still only want sex and have no other interest in me so I've kinda given up on relationships now

1|0
    0|0
  • I definitely have become more selective but that comes from dating experience in my opinion and discovering what you like and dislike in a partner and not settling for less then you know you deserve.

1|1
    0|0
  • I was super picky as a teen, relaxed as I got older, but held more reasonable, concrete standards as an adult.

1|0
    0|0
    • That what I tought to be reasonable...
      The older you become the less fussy and more reasonable you become...

• I've definitely gotten a lot more fussier then i was before... how? Simply put i won't look at guy (or girl) with interest unless they are Asian... I have my Korean Boy Bands to thank for that...

0|0
    0|0
  • My fussiness wasn't in regards to looks it was more about his personality.

1|0
    0|0
  • For sure, and i believe that depending on your personal experiences you really get to know about the reality

1|1
    0|0
  • A disney story is not just a story , it's a reality... cz i have my prince charming in my life who loves me more than himself... it's so simple...šŸ˜Š

1|1
    0|0
  • I'm soooooo picky now! I used to be picky back then too, but now? I'm worse!

1|0
    0|0
  • im not really old, but when i was younger I could probably give you a list of a bunch of things guys need to be, so probably less fussy now haha

0|0
    0|0
  • I was never fussy.

2|0
    0|0
    • Whoops, misread this as pissy instead of fussy.
      Well, in that case, I was always very fussy.

• i was surprised to see you werent fussy lol i thought you'd have reasonably high expectations :)

• I really do. šŸ˜‚

• I guess Im not different at all

1|1
    0|0
  • I am the same

0|0
    0|0
  • When I was younger I used to be more fussy. Now I care less

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes