What is the point of a relationship? Do you prefer to be single and if so why?

740

Most Helpful Guy

• I prefer being in a relationship...
    ... up until the abuse (when there is abuse) becomes really disturbing.
    At some point, I also broke up a relationship in order to be free to try my luck with another lady... I think I wouldn't do that anymore today considering the disadvantaged position of men in the dating game. By necessity (because of women's behavior), I'll feel compelled to try my luck first and breakup if it worked out. Which is against the morality I used to hold but necessary to improve my (painfully low) chances at finding happiness.

Most Helpful Girl

• Now I prefer to be single tbh because now I realize that loving someone and them breaking your heart is beyond painful. Taking that risk is just to much for me. I would just like to be single and happy living for myself. But the point of relationships is to be with someone that you connect to on a mental physical level. Once you experience that connections it sort of success your connections with other people. They become your partner / better half. You can talk to them about whatever and fall more and more for them each day. It can be a beautiful thing when done correctly and I think that is the point of them and why we get into them.