I think I'm falling out of love with my boyfriend. What should I do?

I'm in a relationship with my boyfriend of 2 years as of next month. Basically, things aren't the same. It was a point where we had fun all the time whether it was in person, text, calling, Skype, whatever, things were great. Now things are different. Money isn't too good on both of our halves and we're both trying to figure out things. I understand why things wouldn't be shits and giggles all the time but at the same time, I'm bored. It's to a point where he never calls me, I have to call him and he sounds bothered, it's mostly small talk, he never says I love you unless he's just saying it back, and when we are together I have to pretty much beg for sex. Also that has kinda gone down hill because it doesn't feel like we're making love, it just feels like a chore for him. I give him space, I respect his privacy and I do what he says in regards to dealing with him.

Right now I'm kinda at my lowest. Engine blew in my car, debt, bills piling up, no job, no parents or grandparents, friends are showing true colors, sister isn't even on my side, I'm alone. When he was at his lowest, I went to visit him. He wasn't eating so I cooked for him. He wasn't going out like he usually did so I brought him out more (even though I hate going outside) and when he got a bit better, I was done going out so much but I still went with him. Now I'm asking for him to visit me and reciprocate and I got nothing. He's been saying for weeks "I'm not coming back for a while" "I'll be back" "idk when I'm coming" constant back and forth. I know we both need to be focusing on ourselves but I'm still here. I'm still his friend regardless of girlfriend. Why aren't you here for me like I was there for you? Talked to him about it and it's the same bullshit. I don't know what to do. I'm looking at him differently and starting to fall out of love. Maybe things will change when he finally shows up I don't know.

1525

Most Helpful Guys

• Yep, 2 years is about the limit on being in love in the really wild sense. People inevitably lose their initial fire in a relationship at some point, so you have to deal with this kind of thing if you ever want a long-term partner. Don't just run away. That said, he doesn't seem very considerate, and the fact that you have to work to get him to have sex is pretty alarming. I know you said you talked to him, but it doesn't sound like you told him everything. Bring up how you feel overall in the relationship and all the big problems, but don't get frustrated or threaten to leave him because then he'll get resentful.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • Falling out of love
    No one falls out of love
    U r falling out of lust

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girls

• Sounds like you're going through a break-up. The words haven't been said yet, but all the indicators are there.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • Figure out your shit first and then he comes next. Don't put him ahead of what you need for yourself. Also, support, love and care would be great but not everyone shows it in the same mannerism. boyfriend or SO's aren't always the right person to support us through different situations.
    I say get yourself out of the dumps and then assess if your relationship is what you feel it is. When lots of different things go wrong in our lives we tend to see the glass as half empty and not half full.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE