If the person you are dating couldn't make it to your birthday party, would you break up with them?

And they assured you that they will be present.
If the person you are dating couldn't make it to your birthday party, would you break up with them?How upset would you be and what would you do?

1|1

Most Helpful Guys

• Just because the "couldn't" make it that in and of itself isn't a reason. Are there some more details to this? What were they doing while the party was happening, where are they?

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• No, they may have a good reason. Especially if they are there for everything else, now if they have a history of not showing up for things that they said they would then yes I would break up with him as a that's it I'm done!!!

1|0
    0|0
  • If they assured u then yes i’d be pissed. Thats why i dont make promises. I told my boyfriend i would try to fly in for his bday but only if i had the money

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 41

• if they had a legitimate reason for not being able to make the party no i wouldn't

if they simply bailed with a lame or no excuse then i would consider breaking up with them

2|0
    0|0
  • A if don't do birthday parties
    B if they couldn't attend for certain circumstances and they apologised or informed me that they're not coming I wouldn't be upset from them at all I'd be a little down because if the time I was expecting that we will have other than that nothing on the person

1|0
    0|0
  • No. If that was the case, you'd be devoid of family and friends for not showing up. :/

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it matters why he missed it. But still probably not an issue

1|0
    0|0
  • Wow are you people even real? Person a doesn't go to an event. Time to break up a loving relationship, sever the connection because I'm a ridicolous snowflake who is totally absorbed in my own little completely selfish world where I think the word completely revolves around me and my feelings. Grow up. Travel the world. You are 19, that's too old to think like an 8 year old.

0|0
    0|0
    • Eh notice that this is question I'm asking to see different people's opinions.
      I'm not saying I would break up. But I'm enquiring as to if people would.

In case you didn't notice there is also rest of the question,
      "How upset would you be and what would you do?"

• Depends on the reason. Mainly talk to them about making promises they can't keep. And maybe priorities. But i can think of a few reasons why my birthday would be less important.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't think so, I mean it depends on the reason why she couldn't manage to make it.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, if a birthday is that high on your priority list than I would revaluate. Now consistantly failing to show up when promised... thats another story.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't care about my birthday so no I wouldn't. I wouldn't do that even if I did care about my birthday.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope. I will ask why she didn't came but its a detail.

1|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 19

• I'd bee upset and all but I'd also try to understand why he wasn't there. If the reason is good enough, I might as well forgive him. If not, you know, a huge argument is gonna follow.

1|0
    0|0
  • No i wouldn't, if they had a valid reason lol

2|0
    0|0
  • It depends. Maybe something really important came up. If he/she explains why they couldn't make it, and it is reasonable, then hell no!. People get caught up in their own things, and sometimes things happen that they need to attend. But if it's because he/she is a lazy ass, then I'd suggest to ask for some explanations or move on, definitely.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would be upset, not so much about the birthday event itself, but more on why the person didn't even bother to call or message that he/she's not coming.
    Though not to the extent of breaking up.

1|0
    0|0
  • Maybe they have a reason for it. Got stuck in workplace, traffic etc. As long as they make up to me, it's fine

1|0
    0|0
  • It depends on why he didn't make it. Either way, i'd make him make up for it.

1|0
    0|0
  • I’d be upset but I don’t think that I’d throw away a good relationship for that

1|0
    0|0
  • depends on why they couldn't but i probably wouldn't

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope I would not. But I would love to get a genuine reason from them

1|1
    0|0
  • Oooh is be pissed. Especially if they assured me they’d be there! As far as breaking up, umm probably wouldn’t if they had a very good explanation.

1|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

Recommended myTakes