How do I tell him I don't love him?

Been with a guy for two months and I do like him, but he told me he loved me and I feel like it's a bit too fast for me. 2 months in my opinion is nothing. I feel bad and guilty that I don't love him back I mean maybe one day I will but right now I just want things to be very slow

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• That’s happened to me too, it takes longer for a girl. Just tell him you aren’t ready to say it back, I did with my current boyfriend and he was fine. We’ve been together 8 months now and say it all the time.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• Tell him that and be honest, he shouldn't expect you to feel something so strong especially after 2 months.

1|0
    0|0
    • So it's not too harsh to say that?

• Not at all, just say you like him etc but you just want to take things slow and not rush anything.

• Okay thank you!

• A singing telegram is always a great option!

"Forgot the lyrics, now I'm stumped.
    oh yes, your ass just got dumped
    And it sucks oh yes it's true.
    coz your ex says she don't love you."

he'll be too busy laughing to be mad.

0|0
    0|0
  • You just tell him the roots of love take a lot longer to to exist in your body

0|0
    0|0
  • Ask your friends.

2|0
    0|0
  • ask him for an open relationship

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• Why do you need to specifically tell him that you don’t? If you haven’t said it back, then it’s pretty clear on it’s own. If he asked why you haven’t said it back then it’s reasonable to say that you’re not there yet or that you’ll tell him when your ready.

It just seems really unkind to tell someone “I don’t love you” out of nowhere

1|0
    0|0
  • The first time a guy told me he loved me I asked what he meant by "I love you" was he speaking like "I love you." Or "I'm in love with you". He then said he was in love and I told him I don't know about being in love with him but that I would cry and be really sad if he would die so I that kind of love him.

1|0
    0|0
  • Just be completely honest with him. Feelings take a while to develop. Just tell him maybe one day, right now you're working towards that. He should understand and maybe even try to do more to help feelings develop faster

0|0
    0|0
  • You can just tell him you need more time for those intense feelings to flourish, but that you are happy with him.

0|0
    0|0
  • There's nothing wrong with that. But I suggest that you do tell him you don't feel the same.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes