Do girls ever try and do something romantic for their guy?

I've been in a number of relationships but the most I've ever had a girl do in return for any romantic gestures I would make is like maybe cooking something... which, generally, I would do more frequently than them anyways.

1|1

Most Helpful Girls

• My ex collected a painter's work. The originals were very expensive and beyond my budget. For our wedding, i sought out the artist who lived around the globe. I befriended him and asked if he could paint me a commission for everything i had to spend, which was only 300.00. His work sells for about 10k. I sent him a photograph of the beach where my ex proposed marriage to me and he painted it. It is the only painting he has ever done of america. That was my gift. It still feels romantic to talk about it even though we are divorced...

0|1
    0|0
  • Oh, definitely girls are 'romantic' but it's not exactly the same way. From what I've seen not a lot of guys want girls to write them poetry; or make 'public declarations' of their love... it just gets awkward. But guys DO talk about how they want 'practical' gifts - cooking, laundry, help around the house.

Weirdly enough, girls run the risk of being 'too classically romantic' with a guy (like buying him sweets without reason or spoiling him with clothes/luxuries) which over time makes him feel 'guilted' - like he's not good enough in the relationship. From what I've seen, guys feel like that's 'their' territory and can trigger a lot of insecurities of not being 'equal' or 'good enough' in the relationship.

0|2
    0|0
    • Some truth to that. I had an ex that did that too me.

But there’s an uglier reason it makes us insecure. Women make very emotional judgments. We can be the best boyfriend/husband for 10 years and if we do something to that goes against the women’s emotions (which can be countless things) we are hated, disrespected or worse. What only matters to her is the emotion in that MOMENT. All the nice things she said in the past where based on her EMOTION. But most guys don’t hear that often and it’s more permanent in our mind

So when my ex did countless romantic things for me like PDA, planning excursions, constantly saying “I love you”, cooking for me, etc. deep down it made me very nervous. But I wanted to believe that meant something withstanding and I know I would be more hurt if a bad day came (and it did). I flat out told her when she dumped me “you know why I didn’t reciprocate much when you said I love you? Because one day you might do THIS to me”

• @somewheresomeway Sounds like you sabotaged your own relationship by expecting heartbreak.

Most Helpful Guy

• I could imagine at least once in a while they do if they feel passionate, devoted, well-respected and romantic towards him. My girlfriend shares her romance with me in the form of spoiling me with my favorite candies, hand-drawn drawings with the two of us on it, an activity book for couples where we create our own pages and going to a super fancy dinner!

I don't expect her to be romantic like that around the clock as it can be mentally and possibly physically exhausting but its always nice to show your appreciation and romantic feelings towards your significant other here and there :) Usually guys are trying to make a good impression by showing their romantic interests to her so I can see why the reverse end of that question would be asked.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 42

• Well I'm trying... I can't do much from 5000km sadly :(

0|1
    0|0
  • I do it all the time.

0|0
    0|0
  • I once saw this Matthew Hussey video (I'm pretty sure) or Elliot Scott. They talked about the reason behind guys do romantic things for girls. Sure, maybe they are just romantic, but a lot of it has to be evoked by how that person makes you feel. The girl has to have done something that made the guy want to be romantic towards her. Same goes for me. If I feel like my guy is doing everything he can to make me happy and really making the relationship worth having, mutual respect, fun adventures, memories, great chemistry/ connection, then there are many things I can do for him in a romantic sense. Yes, I like to cook and cooking for a guy is great. But If I know he likes to go on hikes, or wants to go somewhere and do something new, then I'd plan things and surprise him. Not much I can say right now, but I am a very creative person, and I'd really go great lengths to make the people important to me happy :) Plus it also contributes to my own creative expression (Planning out everything, etc)

0|2
    0|0
  • Yes. We might be a little scared to do it at first if the guy doesn't seem to like romantic things and we don't want to make him feel weird or anything. Usually our romance comes in our actions and words rather than in physical objects. As stated in other comments, it's simple to say "girls like chocolate and flowers" but we're not sure exactly what you want us to do and asking is a bit embarrassing but we'll definitely try if we really like you.

0|0
    0|0
    • Lol men aren't that hard either we re pretty much the same as women. I find flowers gorgeous just as much as I love hunting and I have one he'll of a fucking sweet tooth. And every guy want his girl to give him a backrub. Quick way to get laid too.

• Show All
    • Lol. What can i say im still new to sex, being inside her hasn't gotten old yet. I've just got so many fucked up things i want to do to my whore. I bought a whip a couple weeks ago and still haven't had the chance to use it yet.
      Hey if I get you that wet honey then we've been talking about a there some may be you can join. I can scratch one more thing off my sex bucket list.

• @Zefram No no no! Oh now I must run away and hide forever! I just meant that it sounds like a beautiful relationship, nothing more! Promise!

• Cooking, baking, writing a letter/card if longer time apart, painting them naked 😂, taking on romantic walks to places I love, I would definitely buy some presents that makes me think of him. Etc... But I have never been in a relationship, so who knows if I ever will do these things. Just something I would like to do once there is someone who is serious with me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I can’t wait till I have a serious relationship with someone. I’d do anything for them. Back massages, make them dinner, take them to their favourite places to go etc.
    Just thinking about it makes me excited!!

0|3
    0|0
    • Backrubs are what all dating men strive for from their girls. Especially because we men deal with more stress than you do. At least I do in my job. Flowers and chocolate too. I make like hunting and such, but us men are softer than you girls realize.

• Its my favorite thing to make my man feel special... backrubs, I'll get his stuff ready for work before he wakes up, cook him something yummy, breakfast in bed, leave him little notes in his wallet, surprise him with video games when I can afford it

0|3
    0|0
  • I think so, but not your traditional romance. Neither of us do big gestures, candles, flowers, etc type of thing. More like sometimes I'll come home with a 6 pack and dessert, and we'll sit late having a laugh. Or I'll surprise him with tickets to a gig, or buy him a book that I thought he'd like, etc. We're romantic in our own way.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah, I find all those grand gestures fake as hell. You will never catch me doing any of that. My ex fiancé was all about the grand gestures though, and it was flattering for a time until it became clear he was a tin man.

• @Astoriana haha agreed, it just lacks authenticity to me.

• I tried with my ex. I did little things I thought he'd find cute like making him a little picnic with his favorite food, a book full of drawings j made of us and some other little silly things

2|2
    0|0
  • Well, it is not really allowed in this world but I think it is more romantic if man approach woman then woman man. Even that will never happen. I do not know in the past like 100 years ago how things were. I think not much different really but what is normal is always forbidden but I remain just normal no matter what this world is all about. God is still the best and I will never turn against God of course for no bribe and no benefits.

0|0
    0|0
  • I personally am not a fan of the grand gesture. It feels fake to me. Unfortunately, most things that are perceived as being romantic are grand gestures, and you will never catch me doing any of those things.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, i still do. Being romantic is done to a special guy.

Some girls lack of romance, because they needed and lookout themselves.

But some girls do romance when they feel that they are happy and like to give it to their guys

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not really romantic. I just let him know how much I care about him and how amazing he is. I also send a lot of innapropriate pics, especially when he's having a bad day or if I just want to brighten his day.

0|1
    0|0
  • I personally do.. and I don’t believe it should be a who does more or less thing.. both should do their parts, especially if they want the relationship to grow & last.. not who tops the other..

0|1
    0|0
  • I try, but I also noticed men don't really seem to appreciate it that much. Men in my opinion don't want to be romanced. They want to be appreciated, which isn't the same thing.

1|1
    1|3
    • Some maybe not all. I like romance and have been told you are romantic

• Yes some people ship but unless they're in a looking term committed relationship it sometimes seen as negative since society still places emphasis on " guys" or the more masculine one chasing the female. So they are expected to do more to court

0|0
    0|0
  • My romance is sending dank Memes and telling lame jokes and sometimes spamming Snapchat shots with weird filters. :v Worth it. He thinks I'm cute and funny 😂😂😂

0|0
    1|3
  • Yes, of course. But if they're not doing it on their own. Then, you can bring it up such as if they ever ask what you want for your birthday, etc. That could bring it up as a suggestion. Sometimes a girl will plan a ronantic picnic if they're not confident on their cooking skills or if the weather is exceptional nice.

0|0
    0|2
  • Sure, buy random gifts, love notes or poems, massages, etc

2|1
    0|0
  • Yeah, I did do some romantic things with my ex. I made some picture albums of us together for example. But not everything gets noticed by the guys

0|1
    0|1
  • More from Girls

What Guys Said 24

• they do... they do they do...
    just have to find a girl that is in tune with things... like a good girl that is happy and isn;t spiteful... mainly a girl that has had good relationships and not bad ones...
    she would

1|2
    0|0
  • Romance is expected to be a one way street by most of these selfish whamans. Now if she's actually ready to meet a man half way in a relationship that's a different story... otherwise, expect to pay the rent, bills, everything for the kids needs, for every date, and for all the stuff you probably could've done without while (if she has a job) her job's income will be saved and spent on herself.

Meanwhile she'll complain that you don't give her enough attention (and will probably cheat on you).

0|3
    3|0
    • I hope you find more success in the future since your past experiences have definitely fucked with your idea of what a relationship should be, and how most women actually act.

• @mbramr Dated a lot of women and have met the good ones (the ones I said were willing to meet a man half way). It's just 8 times out of 10, what is the case?

• My girl gives me backrubs all the time cause after a car accident when I was younger and years of just working hard plus stress she knows how damn notted I am and how much I enjoy a good backrub and it's a quick way for her to get laid too.

She makes me breakfast in bed on occasion cause I like doing it for her on occasion and for my 21st birthday this past year she surprised me by hiding a box with tickets to my fav band in my blazer. Alongside something else that I promptly used on her that evening.

0|0
    0|0
  • You're submissive in the relationship. Take the lead and definitely start being more aggressive and manly. She will be more romantic and lovely. But if she feels she can get wants and not put any effort than she is walking all over you.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wish, but probably not, its always the guys that have to do stuff

0|3
    0|0
  • I feel they do it but a lot less than guys do. Some of them even think it the man's job to be romantic.

0|0
    0|0
  • None of my girlfriends never did, but I just know it was about them. Not the girls.

0|1
    0|0
  • No girls don’t because they always expect the guy to do it

0|2
    0|0
  • It all depends on the girl just as it does with anything.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not anymore these days. Now, they're so damn demanding.

The only one they even bother to do it for are the chads.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think so. Always guys are the who spent money. As girls are Gold Digger

0|1
    1|0
  • my friend made a nice cake for her boy friend and her boy friend was touched.

1|0
    0|0
    • I would do that. If the guy is very nice and respectful I would totally do this for him. If they say mean things and don’t do much nice things for me, I don’t for them. But if they are so kind and make an effort to not belittle me and stuff, heck yes

• I think woman do romantic things for there man in bedroom!!

0|0
    0|0
  • From experience, not really.

0|3
    0|0
  • Of course, love is mutual.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I think so

0|0
    0|0
  • I guess but what's imn it for themselves

0|0
    0|0
  • Not that I've ever heard of

0|0
    0|0
  • I have never met Such girl

0|0
    0|0
  • You're Expecting too much from women. Women are a series of holes that feel good to stick or dicks in. If that's all you expect from them you're less likely to be disappointed

0|1
    0|0
  • More from Guys

Recommended myTakes