Do girls ever try and do something romantic for their guy?

I've been in a number of relationships but the most I've ever had a girl do in return for any romantic gestures I would make is like maybe cooking something... which, generally, I would do more frequently than them anyways.

4425

Most Helpful Girls

• My ex collected a painter's work. The originals were very expensive and beyond my budget. For our wedding, i sought out the artist who lived around the globe. I befriended him and asked if he could paint me a commission for everything i had to spend, which was only 300.00. His work sells for about 10k. I sent him a photograph of the beach where my ex proposed marriage to me and he painted it. It is the only painting he has ever done of america. That was my gift. It still feels romantic to talk about it even though we are divorced...

• Oh, definitely girls are 'romantic' but it's not exactly the same way. From what I've seen not a lot of guys want girls to write them poetry; or make 'public declarations' of their love... it just gets awkward. But guys DO talk about how they want 'practical' gifts - cooking, laundry, help around the house.

Weirdly enough, girls run the risk of being 'too classically romantic' with a guy (like buying him sweets without reason or spoiling him with clothes/luxuries) which over time makes him feel 'guilted' - like he's not good enough in the relationship. From what I've seen, guys feel like that's 'their' territory and can trigger a lot of insecurities of not being 'equal' or 'good enough' in the relationship.

• Some truth to that. I had an ex that did that too me.

But there’s an uglier reason it makes us insecure. Women make very emotional judgments. We can be the best boyfriend/husband for 10 years and if we do something to that goes against the women’s emotions (which can be countless things) we are hated, disrespected or worse. What only matters to her is the emotion in that MOMENT. All the nice things she said in the past where based on her EMOTION. But most guys don’t hear that often and it’s more permanent in our mind

So when my ex did countless romantic things for me like PDA, planning excursions, constantly saying “I love you”, cooking for me, etc. deep down it made me very nervous. But I wanted to believe that meant something withstanding and I know I would be more hurt if a bad day came (and it did). I flat out told her when she dumped me “you know why I didn’t reciprocate much when you said I love you? Because one day you might do THIS to me”

• @somewheresomeway Sounds like you sabotaged your own relationship by expecting heartbreak.

Most Helpful Guy

• I could imagine at least once in a while they do if they feel passionate, devoted, well-respected and romantic towards him. My girlfriend shares her romance with me in the form of spoiling me with my favorite candies, hand-drawn drawings with the two of us on it, an activity book for couples where we create our own pages and going to a super fancy dinner!

I don't expect her to be romantic like that around the clock as it can be mentally and possibly physically exhausting but its always nice to show your appreciation and romantic feelings towards your significant other here and there :) Usually guys are trying to make a good impression by showing their romantic interests to her so I can see why the reverse end of that question would be asked.