Anyone else here tend to see the best in people? Has it served you well or otherwise?

1835

Most Helpful Guys

• Well here's the thing about seeing the best in people. Its unrealistic to think they will match your ideals the way you see them. Check this out. Im black its palpable yes but being such i want to see the good in all black brethren but every time i extend my heart to trust a brother i get misunderstood with a knife in my back because they themselves are ignorant to the truth of the earth. Not all blacks mind you specific areas of them. The ones you stand outside all day selling drugs. Dont get me wrongs not all drugs are bad yet my point is this. No matter how much good i see in them they dont see the same for me. They view weakness, prey, pushover, a lick (robbed), nerd dork the whole nine. If they think they can take advantage of me theyll try it if they have the opportunity. Dont know why but people dont like seeing others win.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • Yes. Beauty, talent, uniquely interesting perspectives, and strength of character abounds. It's tremendous to see and recognize how amazing many people are, and to understand that their greatness comes with certain flaws or is derived from their painful experience.

Some have not believed what I saw in them. Others soaked up this recognition and gave nothing back. Giving to others what I would like for myself was an important lesson, and it takes time...

All in all, despite the pain of loss (impermanence) and doubt of self (comparing) I'd say that this view has made my life richer and inspired positive change (yes, often through pain) and I'd not change or rewrite that.

When you begin to realize that all things change, and all things end, appreciating (the flower, the moment, the person) is as easy as being in the moment.

Thank you for asking this deep and powerful question.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girls

• I share both lol. I’ve seen the best and worst. But just because either or doesn’t mean they can never change; otherwise there wouldn’t be forgiveness. And jus cause we see the best in people, doesn’t mean we should be careless or less vigilant around them. Balancing.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • Yes I used to be every over trusting with people and always assume they were a good person when I first got to know them but no one's perfect and they tend to let me down in the end so now it's kinda effected my relationships with people in a good and bad way. It takes me a lot more time to warm to people and fully trust them and I only keep my close friends around me now.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE