Anyone else here tend to see the best in people? Has it served you well or otherwise?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Well here's the thing about seeing the best in people. Its unrealistic to think they will match your ideals the way you see them. Check this out. Im black its palpable yes but being such i want to see the good in all black brethren but every time i extend my heart to trust a brother i get misunderstood with a knife in my back because they themselves are ignorant to the truth of the earth. Not all blacks mind you specific areas of them. The ones you stand outside all day selling drugs. Dont get me wrongs not all drugs are bad yet my point is this. No matter how much good i see in them they dont see the same for me. They view weakness, prey, pushover, a lick (robbed), nerd dork the whole nine. If they think they can take advantage of me theyll try it if they have the opportunity. Dont know why but people dont like seeing others win.

2|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • Yes. Beauty, talent, uniquely interesting perspectives, and strength of character abounds. It's tremendous to see and recognize how amazing many people are, and to understand that their greatness comes with certain flaws or is derived from their painful experience.

Some have not believed what I saw in them. Others soaked up this recognition and gave nothing back. Giving to others what I would like for myself was an important lesson, and it takes time...

All in all, despite the pain of loss (impermanence) and doubt of self (comparing) I'd say that this view has made my life richer and inspired positive change (yes, often through pain) and I'd not change or rewrite that.

When you begin to realize that all things change, and all things end, appreciating (the flower, the moment, the person) is as easy as being in the moment.

Thank you for asking this deep and powerful question.

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I share both lol. I’ve seen the best and worst. But just because either or doesn’t mean they can never change; otherwise there wouldn’t be forgiveness. And jus cause we see the best in people, doesn’t mean we should be careless or less vigilant around them. Balancing.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes I used to be every over trusting with people and always assume they were a good person when I first got to know them but no one's perfect and they tend to let me down in the end so now it's kinda effected my relationships with people in a good and bad way. It takes me a lot more time to warm to people and fully trust them and I only keep my close friends around me now.

2|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 33

• If you are doing that you need to forget it serving you back. But at the same time don't hurt yourself in the process. A balance is necessary. If you really think the bads are for real and goods are too good to let go then you should talk to them about the bads.😊

1|0
    0|0
  • I see the bsst but I pick up all bad stuff at the slightest of hints.

I love my best friend but he has to lick his own arse and pat himself on the back about everything he does reasonably well lol

1|0
    0|0
  • I see the worst in people, because my past friendships, I have learned to trust no one. I know for a fact that most people have a bad, mean side, now I am always ready for it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on what you do. If you are a counselor which I think is a joke profession you have to see the best or you’ll be out of business. But if you are an employer and have client and competition you better find out what’s fucked up about everyone you meet fast or you’ll be bankrupt

0|0
    0|0
  • I try to see the best in people and sadly have been taken advantage of my kindness a countless number of times.

2|0
    0|0
  • Acknowledging one's good nature makes us closer to them. But sometimes because of being close to many people gives me some troubles like always having to help them do good or bad.

1|0
    0|0
  • I see the best but expect the worst. It's a way to avoid bad surprises. And sadly I've often been right throughout my life.

1|0
    0|0
  • Only gotten good feedback about my Positive attitude, never regretted it so far 😁👍🏼

1|0
    0|0
  • Nah... I hold people to a pretty high standard, like, unfairly so.
    So I'm kind of easily disappointed.

1|0
    0|0
  • I tend to see the good and the bad. And it usually tells me what kind of person they are

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, it works great doing that but make. Sure you have thick skin. There is is a lot of negative people out there.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ah hell na ! I do see the best of people and they do love me for crushing it ! But often if you don't know me , then you don't owe me.

1|0
    0|0
  • No. I see the worst in people, and that serves one infinitely better.

1|0
    0|0
  • Doing that with cam girls is like getting punched in the face

1|0
    0|0
  • No I try to stay neutral with people. I'm not afraid to tell someone when they're being a dick.

1|0
    0|0
  • Some people it's easy to see, others it takes time.

1|0
    0|0
  • Pff people are bastards! Never forget that, make it your Creed!

1|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes sometimes not depends on the person and the situation

1|0
    0|0
  • Like in real world, here are all kind of people, but only you choose those who think similar.

1|0
    0|0
  • In general, I try to.

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 16

• I try to. I think it can go both ways. It’s always great to see the best in people. Not only does that make you feel like a better person, but you may be able to help someone who is misunderstood. It’s only “bad” when you forgive a person repeatedly and all they do is hurt you. Then you are just getting hurt because you want to believe the person is good.

2|0
    0|0
  • Yes I do even when they do the most evil shit ever. I try to give them the benefit of doubt which most times backfire but now i learning to go with my gut feeling first time round and let go of people I feel like being no positivity into my life.

1|0
    0|0
    • Gl Im always ready. Trying right now to see the good in people and love life more. I can feel myself actually love stuff in front of me its making me nervous a little. Any opinions?

• I tend to see the best in people, and I’m awesome at noticing their weaknesses as a person as well. I’m good at reading people, and I think seeing the best in everyone has made me a better person as well.

1|0
    0|0
  • I believe in seeing best in others and being positive and it has helped me winning people over
    But here sometimes people dont accept such behaviour for some reason

1|0
    0|0
  • I tried to look for the best in people but those same people I tried to do that for later on hurt me in some way down the road

1|0
    0|0
  • I try but have not. And it served me well. Most people show their snakes to soon. I have saved myself lots of friendships and time by not trying to with those I felt no need to try.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes it serves us good but we should be selective about choosing people who will understand what we mean when we give them good advice :)

1|0
    0|0
  • It comes back to you as positive vibes in your life.

1|0
    0|0
  • I do. Sometimes it served me well. Other times I feel like I should stop seeing the best in people

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, actually!

1|0
    0|0
  • i try focusing on positive things

1|0
    0|0
  • No one is innocent I guess so no not really

1|0
    0|0
  • Both..

1|0
    0|0
  • It usually ends up badly for me

1|0
    0|0
  • Yup... I try to not judge people and see good in them. But they turn out be judgmental morons and suck all the goodness out of you.

1|0
    0|0
  • It never did me good.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes