What is the biggest turn off when it comes to relationships?

For me it’s if they have really bad hygiene...

2|2

Most Helpful Guys

• How she handles conflict. It’s by far the biggest influence on how well my relationships run whether they be simply friendships or romantic. If she avoids conflict entirely things just fester until it all falls apart. If she’s quick to conflict everything is a painful experience with her. If she uses passive aggression or manipulation rather than just being upfront about it trust just disappears from the relationship and it just becomes a Cold War of sorts. Pretty much if I can’t sit down and have a clear calm loving confrontational conversation with a girl we might as well break up immediately. Honesty, openness, and agreeableness are crucial. But that’s just me I can’t speak for anyone else.

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • i once dated a chubby filipina girl when i was 24 years old, the moment she took off her pants it's like wtf yo... that urine stench of hers burns my nose like as if water went in my nose while i'm swimming. after things were done, we went out for a while. when i got home, my room smelled like funky cheese like i don't know if her vagina shares the same culture with parmesan cheese or if i went into the cheese department at wholefoods but the smell was soooooooooo BAD! a week later, drops of blood started coming out after i urinate, i found out i got UTI from her from, the doctor and was put on antibiotics for a while. it was a huge turn off especially when i told her about it, she said "it's gonorrhea and it's not me" and i'm just like i'm fucking done, bye!

0|1
    0|0
    • Show All
    • @alimusharfx111 UTI is urinary tract infection. yes, if the person has STD it will transfer during sex. sometimes you can still get infected with a condom on because there's a small microscopic hole it in or it's torn during sex. if you take medicine and the STD is gone then it is safe now but i was told by the doctor that those who were once infected will be more prone to be infected again if i have sex with the same or a different person with the same disease. i was also told the symptoms on men and women could be different even if it's the same disease.

• lol holy shit dude, this could be a movie

Most Helpful Girls

• Bad hygiene would definitely be one, but using bad language would be another turn off for me, getting drunk, smoking would all be too.

1|2
    0|0
    • Hairy male body == bad hygiene?

• Show All
    • @guyuser2 Well, I and billions of others have no problem. If you find it a problem then I think you perhaps need to learn to wash yourself. You are talking, and always do, what the Romans would have referred to as testiculi.
      And I'm going to add another thing to my list of turn offs: people who are unable to grasp basic concepts.

• You don't realize how messy and sweaty it does get in summers if a man has thick coarse hairs all over his chest and stomach, arms, legs and thighs because you DON'T have it...

• Dishonesty and lack of willingness to communicate.

(Note that it's the lack of willingness to communicate that's a huge turn-off, not the lack of skills to communicate, because a guy can be poor at communication, but if he is willing to try, then that's what makes a difference.)

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 74

• Stupiditu and. immaturity

1|0
    0|0
  • Insincerity... If you are a prostitute be proud of it... or be sincere about it... and I won't be turned off.
    If you love both guys and girls be real about it.
    If you think my dick or sex skills is not doing it for you, tell me.
    If I'm financially handicap to take care of you, don't pretend.

Just be fucking sincere

0|2
    0|0
  • There is a lot, personally. But here are a few.

Like you said, bad hygiene.
    The way they talk about exes.
    Can't communicate.
    Disrespectful towards others.
    Messy in general.
    Laziness.

0|0
    0|0
  • One of my biggest turn-offs is knowing that it will most likely end one day so what is the point. I know that is a really negative way to approach a realtionship but that is my biggest concern. I hate that feeling I could be just wasting my time in the long-run.

0|0
    0|0
    • Its not a waste of time if you focus on the present not the future. If you focused on the present and make it the best possible you can and have the best experiences you can have, even if it comes to an end you all those great memories to look back and cherish.

• Lack of interest. If I feel she's losing interest then I lose interest too.

2|4
    0|0
  • Personally when the other person won't speak up to their desires annoys me. I have been in relationships where I just have to plan everything and they won't say if they want to or not or plan anything themselves.

0|0
    0|0
  • The individual person aside, I hate dating. That whole getting to know them process. So much so it's stopped me lots of times from asking out women, or even trying.

0|0
    0|0
  • Id be the same, or a shite personality, Looks dont matter, But I hate when you flick through social media and people are standing posing with a bombsite of a room... Put the phone down and tidy that room

0|0
    0|0
  • I second you on hygiene one girl I had been into had tp stuck to her and when she got naked I saw it and was immediately out.

0|0
    0|0
  • Biggest is hard to say. Some lifestyle things such as smoking/vaping and veganism are turn offs. Toxic views/personality are also turn offs.

1|0
    0|0
  • An attitude of being the smarter or superior partner in the relationship. Also an attitude of her thinking she's right and can't admit being wrong.

0|0
    0|0
  • The biggest turn-off of all is treating others badly, or a general lack of empathy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Liars, although bad hygiene is a definite deal breaker. Ugh!

1|1
    0|0
  • When they can't say how they really feel about you so they play mind games anonymously

0|2
    0|0
  • I would never enter a relationship with a girl who:
    1. Is not of legal age.
    2. Has different religious beliefs from mine that can't be harmonised.
    3. Has homosexual or criminal friends, close associates, or leanings.
    4. Smokes or has a history of drug or alcohol abuse.
    5. Uses profanity or is loud or a party girl.
    6. Is bad tempered, violent, nagging, or controlling.
    7. Has tattoos or body piercings.
    8. Wears thongs.
    9. Has an STD or shows any sign of mental instability or incapacity.
    10. Has a boyfriend or husband already, or has unresolved issues with the ex.
    11. Is racist or feminist, or has such friends or family.
    12. Is overweight or shorter than 5'0.

2|1
    0|0
  • I'ld say if the girl doens't do anything of her time
    I mean she could work-out, traveling, or work no matter, but coach potato?
    No-way

0|0
    0|0
  • Bad hygiene, ego, wannabes and delusional
    Horrible friends circle

0|1
    0|0
  • Bad hygiene
    Bad attitude
    Trump support
    Intentional ignorance

1|0
    0|0
  • Too fat or skinny. Be somewhere in the middle. You don't have to starve yourself, but don't kill yourself with a heart disease

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly personality. I can go from being physically attracted to someone to not being attracted physically just because of a bad personality.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 46

• when guys are too pushy and dont know how to back off. not only is it uncomfortable, but its arrogant and shows complete lack of respect. for me, its just very revealing about personal character. i have a few turn offs that are more obvious but this is one that just speaks volumes to me.

0|3
    0|0
  • Turn offs for me :
    Drinks alcohol
    Is very flirty
    Is immature
    Does drugs
    Smokes
    Goes to strip clubs, bars, etc.
    Is very loud
    Is very talkative
    Has history of being a cheater
    Is promiscuous (I want a virgin!)
    Has history of being abusive

0|2
    0|0
  • If a guy isn't open and honest about his life, himself and his feelings. I can't build trust in him , or a rapport with him if he isn't open and honest with me.

0|1
    0|0
  • Only wanting sex/sexually charged interactions and going out of their way to manipulate me into that shit. That and being clingy because I’ve had too many stalkers to be able to just get over that and see it as the cute thing some people think it is.

0|1
    0|0
  • Bad decision making all the time. Their thought processing being totally shit with real-world things.

0|0
    0|0
  • Same, if I take most of my time being clean for a guy he should do the same. Also if they are egological, an asshole, or can't treat me right they are out.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, bad hygiene and also if they are rude. If they have a negative personality, that is a huge turn off.

0|1
    0|0
  • When they won't stop talking about themselves and their achievements then try and tell you what u need to do with your life

1|2
    0|0
  • Many on my list. But if there's one to name - laziness which can lead to other things such as bad hygiene, not wholesomeness..

1|0
    0|0
  • Cruelty
    Cheating
    Lying
    Doesn't clean himself everyday
    A lot of females
    Etc

0|0
    0|0
  • It's a tie between the inability/lack of communication and immaturity

0|1
    0|0
  • Terrible personality, 🙄. If their ugly on the inside there’s no point in fixing them.

1|1
    0|0
  • smoking and alcohol (a bit alcohol now and then is alright)

0|1
    0|0
  • Rudeness and fickleness... i like for a guy to be kind, genuine, and know what he wants

0|0
    0|0
  • Bad hygiene, wear clothes falling off your ass, negative talk, stress monster, abuse, careless feelings

0|0
    0|0
  • If they stink, whine and complain a lot, over boastful, and disappoint me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Bad hygiene, being very religious, being too interested in other people

0|0
    0|0
  • Bad hygiene, extreme ego issues, not having a sense of humor.

0|0
    0|0
  • Poor hygiene, lying, extreme jealousy, mind games, clingy,

0|0
    0|0
  • Being overly possessive and jealous.

2|2
    0|1
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes