Would you want to keep a baby conceived from rape?

Let's say that you're in a happy relationship. However, the female in the relationship (you or your partner) is raped by a stranger. It's a horrible event to have happened, but she becomes pregnant from it.

Knowing that the male in the relationship is not going to be the actual father, would you want to keep the child? Put it up for adoption? Or abortion?

Sorry for the horrible question, I just randomly thought of it.
  • Keep the child
    Vote A
  • Abort the child
    Vote B
  • Put the child up for adoption
    Vote C
  • Other (comment below)
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Girls

• The idea of parting with a child that's mine isn't something I can see myself doing. That being said I've never been raped or in that situation, so I'm not exactly sure how I'd handle it.

0|1
    0|0
  • This is from a real life story. A girl was raped and it conceived a child. She decided to keep it, but she hated the child. Because every single time she sees the child, all she remembers was the man who raped her, how it happened. So the child suffered from the way she treated it even though the child did nothing wrong. I think the woman shouldn't give up the life of the child, but put it for adoption.

1|0
    0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• There is number of potential problems with anything other than abortion. If she keeps the baby, the rapist may assert his parental rights, which means having to deal with him regularly for a very long time, which is very unpleasant for the victim and emasculating for her partner.

Adoption is also problematic because it's extremely difficult to give a baby away, especially once you have held it in your arms and bonded with it.

0|0
    0|1
    • And a pregnancy is generally seen as a happy event, how on earth would you explain it to the people around you.

• Excellent point- I didn't even think of that.

• And if you already have kids how do you explain it to them.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 11

• well I don't know from a guys perspective but I don't know if I could go through with an abortion so I might keep it, I dont think it should matter so much who the biologival father is, its not like the kid would even ever meet them, so it wouldn't make a difference to me

0|0
    0|0
  • Most rapes are committed by people you know, and even then, it’s usually your actual partner. So I’m sure there are plenty of children who are conceived of rape that are born and kept.

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely not and anyone that pressures me into carrying a pregnancy that was a product of something I didn't consent in the first place will probably get disowned by me.

1|0
    0|1
  • Abort
    I don't want childs at all, but even if I wanted to have them, I couldn't go through a pregnancy that is the result of a rape. Even less give birth to the child. That would be too hard.

0|0
    0|1
  • if its too late like 6-8 months, then don't abort.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd probably want an abortion.

0|1
    0|1
  • Abort

0|1
    0|1
  • Never

0|0
    0|0
  • Abortion

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd abort regardless of how I became pregnant

1|0
    0|1
  • Abort the child.

0|1
    0|1

What Guys Said 4

• I've known of couples who had the baby and raised it normally with love. (There are famous people who were the result of rape.) It shows love and forgiveness. And if you don't forgive someone who hurt you, God won't forgive you of the wrongs you do.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not an easy decision for any woman to make. It's a very subjective thing. The decision would probably depend on so many things. None of them easy to even think about.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would prefer if my women aborted the child but she has final say so not sure

0|0
    0|1
  • Adoption

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes