Is there something off about this friends with benefits thing?

Me and my ex decided about a week ago to have a friends with benefits thing I was all about it because I wanted to have fun but I asked her if it would be just me or would there be others and she said just me unless we want to bring someone in and I’m really okay with that. So after we had a movie night I told her a secret about myself and later that night she told me she feels closer to me then she ever did before. The next day (I ended up staying at her house the night before) we went out again and she was all over me clinging to me like a girlfriend and I was okay with it because I do still care deeply about her and she knows that. That night I ended up stay over again and on our way to bed she gave me a huge hug and kiss and told me she loves me which in turn I freaked out because she is the one who wanted the friends with benefits thing and it really confused me. She got upset of how I acted and said she wouldn’t say it again and she was sorry (I do love her but I was caught off guard). Today she ended up coming over to my house and she was telling me that me and her shouldn’t be hanging out as much if that’s ok because she doesn’t want people to get the wrong idea and her mom asked her if she was thinking about getting back to heather with me and she told her absolutely not which kind of hurt my feelings a bit because of how she’s been acting with me. Which we got into a little argument about because I’m confused but we resolved it before we went to sleep. Any idea why she would be doing this because I know it’s not normal friends with benefits behavior.
3
1