My boyfriend and I have been drifting so we’re giving each other some space. Will this make things better or worse?

So lately my boyfriend and I have been feeling lots of distance in our relationship, we’ve been drifting because we’ve just been so busy and not hanging out as much.

we talked about it, I initiated the talk and then we set up a date for yesterday evening. After the date, I sat him down outside his house and we just talked. I suggested the idea of a break but he fought for us, he said he didn’t want that. He said that all relationships go through this and that we’re strong so we can get through this.

after that emotional moment, I went home and he texted asking how I was doing. He said he’s worried about us, then I suggested me and him take some space apart for the weekend. So today is our first day of space and no talking.

We’re both scared our feelings will fade away, and he’s scared to loose me. Will this be a positive thing or a negative thing?

813

Most Helpful Guys

• It will do 1 of 2 things. You will split up or you will continue being a couple. A break is not a bad thing. If you both miss each other it will become obvious that you are ment to be together. If thats the case you both have to make an effort for your relationship, however busy you are. You will have to do this, or the relationship will revert back to what it was.

Or the break will make you realise that you now both have nothing in common any more and you do call it a day on your relationship. Good luck!

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • Quite honestly, I see this as a negative response to the situation. You both are afraid of losing feelings for each other and yet, there's this separation period over the weekend which only puts the problem on hold. There's going to be moments in your life where the relationship wouldn't have the bonding time you both are looking for. When that happens, just reassure your boyfriend that no matter what happens, you will still love him with all your heart and that there will be more time in the future when things have calmed down a bit.

The fact that he's trying so hard to keep the relationship together is a good sign he doesn't want to leave you! Try to make as much time as you can with him without putting too much of a strain in both your lives. As long as you both effectively communicate with each other, there's nothing to fear if you both are devoted to one another!

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Omg you made him worry because he thinks that you want a break because of both of you being busy but he doesn't want that. He fears he might lose yyou just because he's busy... so dont give any breaks be with him. ANd yes it happenes in relationships thats a test and it will prove how strong your emotional bond is

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE