My boyfriend and I have been drifting so we’re giving each other some space. Will this make things better or worse?

So lately my boyfriend and I have been feeling lots of distance in our relationship, we’ve been drifting because we’ve just been so busy and not hanging out as much.

we talked about it, I initiated the talk and then we set up a date for yesterday evening. After the date, I sat him down outside his house and we just talked. I suggested the idea of a break but he fought for us, he said he didn’t want that. He said that all relationships go through this and that we’re strong so we can get through this.

after that emotional moment, I went home and he texted asking how I was doing. He said he’s worried about us, then I suggested me and him take some space apart for the weekend. So today is our first day of space and no talking.

We’re both scared our feelings will fade away, and he’s scared to loose me. Will this be a positive thing or a negative thing?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• It will do 1 of 2 things. You will split up or you will continue being a couple. A break is not a bad thing. If you both miss each other it will become obvious that you are ment to be together. If thats the case you both have to make an effort for your relationship, however busy you are. You will have to do this, or the relationship will revert back to what it was.

Or the break will make you realise that you now both have nothing in common any more and you do call it a day on your relationship. Good luck!

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • Quite honestly, I see this as a negative response to the situation. You both are afraid of losing feelings for each other and yet, there's this separation period over the weekend which only puts the problem on hold. There's going to be moments in your life where the relationship wouldn't have the bonding time you both are looking for. When that happens, just reassure your boyfriend that no matter what happens, you will still love him with all your heart and that there will be more time in the future when things have calmed down a bit.

The fact that he's trying so hard to keep the relationship together is a good sign he doesn't want to leave you! Try to make as much time as you can with him without putting too much of a strain in both your lives. As long as you both effectively communicate with each other, there's nothing to fear if you both are devoted to one another!

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Omg you made him worry because he thinks that you want a break because of both of you being busy but he doesn't want that. He fears he might lose yyou just because he's busy... so dont give any breaks be with him. ANd yes it happenes in relationships thats a test and it will prove how strong your emotional bond is

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 11

• This is a test for your relationship. Simply stated, dating ends up with you two together, or it doesn't. This will be a trial, and in the end you to could make it through and end up together stronger or it could drive you apart. There's no way to know, but this is a good way to find out.

However it ends, just handle things healthily, and I wish you both the best.

0|0
    0|0
  • No good will come of it, what you're doing is creating even more distance, which is counterproductive. It's obvious you both care about each other, I think making up for lost time and spending a day or two or a weekend together would be way more beneficial and might bring you guys closer together

0|0
    0|0
  • Simple just try to be busy in some kind of productive work which will keep you busy then wouldn't need to get stick with space thing but make sure you give enough time talk
    When you have nothing to talk there is a awkward silence which makes situation more uncomfortable but when you are busy in doing something you would be having some thing to talk

0|0
    0|0
  • Women love breaks don't they? Christ have those EVER worked? They've just postponed the inevitable in every case I've seen or been in. If 'it's" not there anymore its not there.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's gonna end soon or is a cheap way to say I'm going to sleep with someone else during this" break " time

0|1
    0|0
  • As long as neither of you start looking for someone else, it might work.

0|0
    0|0
  • Could go either way. What exactly are you trying to fix?

0|0
    0|0
  • Not a good sign so Im saying for the worse. Could lead to break up

0|1
    0|0
  • It's a negative thing.
    Just go on a vacation with your boyfriend. It will help your relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • I personally don't like breaks. They never work and always end up breaking a couple apart

0|0
    0|0
  • Could be both

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 7

• I think the space between yo both will do you some good. Often it's necessary to take this step so you can later take baby steps in getting your relationship hopefully back to where you left off. If it's too much that you are missing one another, begin at that point and whatever mistakes were mouthed before, leave them behind. I believe you have a good shot.

0|0
    0|0
  • I mean if you want the relationship to stay and he is acting like it I don't think it will go negative but I wouldn't sit here worrying about it either that won't do you no good put the situation in the hands of God or the universe whatever you believe in and just chill out

0|0
    0|0
  • Negative. "So your like me and my boyfriend are drifting apart so lets just go away even further." I don't you like him as much as you think you do if your willing to let go so easy and not try.

0|0
    0|0
  • If I were in your place I'd try to communicate since we're "drifting apart" and only communication can fix that. I don't believe in breaks and I think you guys should communicate if you really care about the relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • You're drifting so you're giving eachother more space.

So, you're already apart, and you want to be farther? Okie.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Distance is NOT attacking the problem.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on how strong your initial bond was.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes