Why can’t no one keep a conversation going these days?

And why do I get bored of people so easily?
It seems like the only thing people talk about these days is small talk (which I absolutely loathe).
I want to talk about theories (such as string theory, multiverse, different dimensions, etc), experiments, all the deep topics about life.

And dont tell me that I might be the boring one, because I actually can keep a conversation going if I am interested in the topic.

Is there something I should do differently?
Updates:
Typo in the title... deal with it.

0|2

Most Helpful Guys

• First, your right... everyone is on social media, but no one knows anything to enough to carry an intellectual conversation. It’s sad. Second, string theory, multiverse, and all that are all extremely boring conversations, so you fall into the same boat as the people you are bored by, you would probably bore me to death talking about that. Third, that’s exactly what you are because you have to be able to adapt to what other people love to talk about as well, the reason your easily bored with people is because you CAN’T hold conversations with what others would love to talk about, or you would not get as bored. Try learning to relate to other people’s topics, small talk, I’ll give you that. It is boring, but their is more to conversations than THEORETICAL concepts that are barely proven.

1|1
    0|0
  • People have their own pace of talking I for one can keep going but it has to be a topic Im familiar with. Just like anyone, if i dont know it i have no problem listening.

1|0
    0|0
    • When I do that, I feel like people are not interested in the same topics or they just don’t care. Or they only want to have small useless talk (which I always scream when I’m forced into that situation).

• you see i dont mind small talk either, i love getting to the point and talking about business, but small talk fill those gaps in between. you have to sometimes guide them back onto to topic.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds like the people you are talking with aren't interested in the topics you bring up and you're not interested in the topics they bring up. I don't know where you find these people to chat with, but it clearly isn't the right place.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 26

• People is so lost in the system they don't even realize about the paradigms they follow… I know exacty what are you talking about… they nave can keep up a conversation going, I can talk about those things and way deeper things if you feel like it go ahead and message me…

1|0
    0|0
  • I have the same issue, I'd love to talk about theories with someone but most everyone is pretty boring

1|0
    0|0
    • What kind of theories are you interested?

Yeah, either boring or can’t hold a conversation. It’s so sad that it’s rare to find a person to have meaningful conversations with.

• Im particularly interested in the multiverse theory

• You're obviously talking to the wrong people. I only surround myself with people that are into the same things I am, so I have decent conversations all the time. You just have to find people who share your interests.

1|1
    0|0
  • "Can't no one" might have to do with it 😂 Double negative!

2|0
    0|0
  • Not sure, small talk is fine in my opinion, small talk can turn into big talk.

2|0
    0|0
    • The thing is, I sometimes want to skip small talk and go straight into the deep talk. If not, I’ll get bored.

• In real life, small talk is unavoidable, but online I guess skipping straight to deep talk is normal

• Because I suck at math and science stuff. I can't hold any form of conversation about that stuff. Sorry.

1|0
    0|0
  • Those are really niche subjects. Visit a physics department and talk to the geeks. Or grab a beer with them.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have the same problem. I see most people as boring. That is not to say I am not boring but talking about mundane everyday things doesn't interest me at all.

1|0
    0|0
  • Problem is you won't find anyone in these days who have such knowledge to have good meaningful conversation... if things like sex are going on the head... then nothing interesting Will come out...

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the people you talk to, their knowledge, interests, etc. The unfortunate thing is that you might not come across many people where you reside that want to talk about the deep topics.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't have that problem with myself or my friends and family when we're having conversations in person.

2|0
    0|0
  • I don't know
    It is that the people's interests nowadays are just boring , i would be typing a paragraph and get a I don't know or agree

1|0
    0|0
  • you are so right l could talk with you every day about things face to face about many subjects for hours and hours in scotland the guys only talk about football so sad

1|0
    0|0
  • Because most people aren't that interested in science? Or if they are, it's at a superficial level.

1|0
    0|0
  • Cell phones and the advent of social media.. It has drastically reduced our attention span

1|0
    0|0
  • Nerdy girls are hot! Lol. I'll discuss physics anytime.

1|0
    0|0
  • want to talk to me about how you'd fall in love with me? :]

0|0
    0|0
  • Interesting.
    What do you know about the multiverse? I believe it doesn't exist.

0|0
    0|0
  • You answered the first question with another question.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol the multiverse? Oh yeah we definitely talking about that

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 6

• It's the thrill of the case.
    I have that same trait once you catch them there's no excitement. Thrill is gone you conquered it and now your board

1|0
    0|0
  • It's just the people. It seems as if a lot are dumbing down due to technology. They aren't used to talking face to face. It's easier to carry conversations via text than in person.

1|1
    0|0
  • Because social media has taken over and people don’t learn how to have basic social skills

1|0
    0|0
  • i'm a deep person but i always talk about deep feelings, and look deeper into the story. i feel like it scares people off and i feel like i'm annoying them so i can understand what you mean

1|0
    0|0
  • I hate small talk. When people talk to me about pointless shit I get aggravated and just stop talking.

1|0
    0|0
  • If I barely know someone I’m not interested in talking at all

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes