Why can’t no one keep a conversation going these days?

And why do I get bored of people so easily?
It seems like the only thing people talk about these days is small talk (which I absolutely loathe).
I want to talk about theories (such as string theory, multiverse, different dimensions, etc), experiments, all the deep topics about life.

And dont tell me that I might be the boring one, because I actually can keep a conversation going if I am interested in the topic.

Is there something I should do differently?
Typo in the title... deal with it.

728

Most Helpful Guys

• First, your right... everyone is on social media, but no one knows anything to enough to carry an intellectual conversation. It’s sad. Second, string theory, multiverse, and all that are all extremely boring conversations, so you fall into the same boat as the people you are bored by, you would probably bore me to death talking about that. Third, that’s exactly what you are because you have to be able to adapt to what other people love to talk about as well, the reason your easily bored with people is because you CAN’T hold conversations with what others would love to talk about, or you would not get as bored. Try learning to relate to other people’s topics, small talk, I’ll give you that. It is boring, but their is more to conversations than THEORETICAL concepts that are barely proven.

• People have their own pace of talking I for one can keep going but it has to be a topic Im familiar with. Just like anyone, if i dont know it i have no problem listening.

• When I do that, I feel like people are not interested in the same topics or they just don’t care. Or they only want to have small useless talk (which I always scream when I’m forced into that situation).

• you see i dont mind small talk either, i love getting to the point and talking about business, but small talk fill those gaps in between. you have to sometimes guide them back onto to topic.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds like the people you are talking with aren't interested in the topics you bring up and you're not interested in the topics they bring up. I don't know where you find these people to chat with, but it clearly isn't the right place.