Do you think social media has made it harder for relationships to last?

I answer yes to my question considering before social media was in the picture it was easier for a guy to get a girl considering the girl didn't have much to choose from. A girl would be attracted to the confidence of a guy that had the balls to ask her out , but nowadays a girl has plenty of options with social media right at her finger tips with cell phones, considering she is bombarded by lots of guys and this is vice versa as well. I believe divorce rates are higher now and infidelity cuz it's now easier to flirt with someone considering back then there was usually only 1 phone in the house that everyone shared. I'm not saying affairs didn't occur back then but nowadays it's easier for them to occur What do you think?

2837

Most Helpful Girls

• Yes and no.
    People get hooked on it forgetting all about the person who is sitting right next to them.
    They can look at other peoples facebook and instagram wishing that their lives could be better creating a negative comparison.
    The temptation to look up an ex can be too much for some.
    I had an ex send me a message and because we parted on good terms I responded but I kept it PG. I told him that I'm married with 2 boys and was 7 months pregnant with a girl. Next thing I know he was asking me for a root😳 I shut that bitch down but not before I told the creep off, yes I did tell my husband about it.
    My husbands married friend had his facebook set up in a way that made him look like he was single. He is divorced now after leaving his wife for another woman but that relationship didn't last either.
    But of course there's more than just facebook, instagram and twitter it's really hard to keep track of what's out there.

My message is simple.
    Give your partner, family and friends more attention than you give your phone

• I agree must people get so drawn in by comparing their lives to others which makes them feel that grass is greener on the other side or makes them feel like their life should be batter then it is. And Yes i bad a few ex girlfriends dry to reach out to me basically rrying to get another shot at me and i was like hell no, but i thought if that happened to me that bad to happen to all the married cpuples out there and i can see why that could cause trust issues in a relationship leaves question marks considering all your partner is going to do is tell you what u want to hear. Its sad social media made it harder for relationships with trust issues

• Yes. Social media has caused relationships to be destroyed because people have become fully dependent on it, like posts about how a relationship should be or if the guy isn't posting you 24/7 he's hiding you and vice versa. I honestly think people have made their relationships dependent on social media and it's actually sad and pathetic.

• I agree , i can't tell you how many times i went on to Facebook and saw articles about how you know if your partner is cheating on you and then you read the shit and thibk wow that bitch is cheating on me etc... or you go on to Facebook and an ex messages you bringing back a flood of memories then making passes at you etc.. without social media we wouldn't even think to pursue that person considering they wouldn't of even contacted us if it wasn't so easy , hot saying everyone is a cheater but social media bad Made it easier to pursue someone

• I agree. I've also realized that social media has glamorized cheating and honestly it's just a horrible thing.

Most Helpful Guys

• Everything you do or choose to use, but anything has its limit and know how to use it.

• Secondly just cuz a Door is in front of you is open and you know it is wrong to enter, but u choose to enter. Then who is the one to blame. The door or the person choosing that door.

• Hmmm... I would take it even another step further; the way one uses something is significant, but *the intention behind* the act is usually all important in most regards, but also (quixotically & inexplicably) it's the single hardest thing to accurately perceive without assumptions and labels which bias one's understanding by trapping it in some context of your worldview...

Take, for instance, the phrase, "I love you"... it has *so many* connotations & meanings of such variety, there's a reason why thespians, writers & dramaturges make a living off them.

• Yea I agree but well wisdom is lost

• I think we got spoiled with it. We were not ready for it. Now we're hooked on it and our lives are greatly damaged. We should go back on it. Start giving people phones when they're 15 again. Have a much tighter internet service. That's what i love about That 70s Show. They just sit in the basement every day and bust eachother's ball not being each others rooms writing stuff about social media that is highly hypocritical