Do you dread the moment we you hit the "Meet the Family" stage in your relationships?

Do you dread the moment we you hit the
Just wondering.
  • Yes, I/They usually do not make the best impression.
  • Somewhat worried I might say something wrong.
  • No, I RocK at metting the family!
    Vote C
  • Results
    Vote D

1219

What Girls Said 12

• I'm pretty good at dealing with people--most adults who meet me often think I'm very sweet and polite, so I often make good first impressions. Still, dealing with people makes me a little anxious (I'm always afraid of saying the wrong thing, or being awkward, since I'm a bit shy). Once I get warmed up, it's typically fine. Just hope we steer clear of politics :P

• I don't have a problem meeting the family as long as it isn't the Ex. I would rather see a deer head on a wall.

• Yes, it's one of my dysfunctions as a partner... I dont maks good impressions, I get really bad social anxiety from having to meet the family. I honestly am fine not meeting the family until the second kid gets popped out lol.

• 4d

Not until 2 kids. That is extreme even by my standards.

• 4d

I hear you, I have social anxiety also and it is super hard to interact with his family and many guys have dumped me because of it.

• 4d

When you find the right fit, you find the right fit. His family is really welcoming of pretty much anyone, so I dont think they take things personally if someone is acting out of the ordinary.

• After meeting my ex's family, it does make me a little apprehensive now, lol.

• Never really had a boyfriend but because of the person I am I wouldn't be worried at all. Usually people's family likes me.

• Kind of. Usually my parents like who ever I like but they really like to embarrass me in front of my friends.

• I'm decent at meeting the family. My partners failed though due to being rude in one case and weird in the other.

• No. His family was a little judgmental and curious, but backed off when they met me.

• Yes because I find it unnecessary

• Is meeting the family that significant though?

• Worried I would say something wrong.

• Hell yes

What Guys Said 19

• Generally I'm my friends... reliable/responsible friend in the eyes of their parents. There are times when I get along with my friend's parents better than my friends. Meeting the family is just something that gets me excited and happy. While I tend to be introverted I'm not anti-social.

• I think I would be really good at meeting the family but none of my relationships reached that stage, I guess I just haven't met the right person yet or perhaps someone else is holding me back. The closest I have come to that is when one of my exes step father didn't want her to date anyone and wanted her to focus on her studies and college and he basically told us to break up.

• Basically, I have no problem there. However, I live in S-E-Asia, where often meeting the new (Western) boyfriend to them is like checking up their new ATM bank machine. I am just not willing to feed a whole bunch of loafers only because I am in a relationship with someone. So, whenever I ''met the family'' all alarm bells are ringing, and I bring some barbed wire. Just in case.

• My family? Luckily they're kind of far away so women can't meet them without spending money on transport 😆
    Even then i dread it.

Meeting her family? If she wants to.

Still, i rather try and avoid that.

• 'Meeting,' although I like to say 'meating.' Like when I meat a girl for the first time... he he he, get it? Meat.

• I loved meeting the family. They always thought I was the weirdest thing they'd ever seen, but they couldn't come up with any specific objections to me.

• no i generally look forward to it because i know i'm good at making a good impression on parents

• Well I was good at meeting them, but I was also dreading it at a time. So sadly none of your options really work for me.

• Families always love me. So I'm not scared, and if they happen to be fun, all the better.

• No. This is considering the fact I don't think I'll have a relationship so no possibility of meeting the family.

• People are very fickle in this uber PC world and its hard to know when someone will go off the Rez when you tell them how you feel about some subject.

• No just be real nice and act like thank you sir and yes sir play like an old-fashioned kind of guy you'll be building the daughter up real high.

• It was worse for my wife than for me.
    My mother in law was one of the nicest women I ever knew.

• It never bothered me in the past.

• It was terrifying.

• l would love that

• Yes. Sounds lame

• Yes i do :p

• Your a very beautiful girl