What is your definition of "the one" with dating?

which do you think? i think "the one" is more of the first option... but also the second one too lol
  • "the one" is that person you would go through thick and thin with to keep and "the one" you make an effort to keep
  • "the one" is somebody who was always meant for you and when you find them, you finally found "the one"

1014

Most Helpful Guys

• married my hs girlfriend, divorced her too. dated many women seriously over 20 years but never felt compatible with them until i met my last and now my wife. Upon meeting her on our 1st date I knew. 8 years have flown by and we both enjoy each other all the time with absolutely no jealousy or insecurities. When we disagree its over in the length it takes to talk it out. When you treat each other with love and respect it works. You are still reasonably young. never rush or push a relationship. It will take its natural course if you put your honest effort into it without trying to hard.

• I know, since I’m only 18, I know that any relationship I get into likely won’t last. It’s the ones in your 20’s that really matter because that’s when you’re actually fully matured and can be reasonable, logical, and rational with the whole concept of dating

• I don't know i mean when i met "the one" which is who im with, no matter what the messages were about they were never tidious to answer i wanted to be engaged into the convo, when we called for the first time it didn't matter what we talked about i just loved hearing her voice nd how passionste she is about things you know, shit like that really.

Most Helpful Girls

• Everyone has their own definition of “the one” because of what that person is doing for us physically whether it’s sex, materialistic items, sparing our feelings from the truth and the list goes on. Sometimes our idea of “the one” can be anyone we come across but that’s probably not the person we’re “meant to be” with.

I can come across a guy who does everything I wanted in a guy and call him “the one” because he’s supplying my wants that makes me feel good and complete. In reality once that honeymoon phase is over and he isn’t pouring in all the attention to boost my confidence of our relationship, not that he doesn’t love me but things do change of course would I still classify him as “the one”.

• Sometimes we look at love as not what two can do for each other but what can that person do for me so that I can feel secured in this relationship. That’s why if it’s meant to be than it will be. The one will make mistakes (not cheating), disappoint you but if it’s “meant to be” than you’ll understand why the both of you are in this together because of the genuine love.

• It’s both of them. I don’t know if I believe in soulmates, but I do believe that some people are more compatible with me than others. Once you’ve found “the one,” you work like hell, going through thick and thin to be with them. Even if it’s “the one,” love isn’t as simple as a fairytale. It requires lots of effort on both parts.