What is your definition of "the one" with dating?

which do you think? i think "the one" is more of the first option... but also the second one too lol
  • "the one" is that person you would go through thick and thin with to keep and "the one" you make an effort to keep
    Vote A
  • "the one" is somebody who was always meant for you and when you find them, you finally found "the one"
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• married my hs girlfriend, divorced her too. dated many women seriously over 20 years but never felt compatible with them until i met my last and now my wife. Upon meeting her on our 1st date I knew. 8 years have flown by and we both enjoy each other all the time with absolutely no jealousy or insecurities. When we disagree its over in the length it takes to talk it out. When you treat each other with love and respect it works. You are still reasonably young. never rush or push a relationship. It will take its natural course if you put your honest effort into it without trying to hard.

1|0
    0|0
    • I know, since I’m only 18, I know that any relationship I get into likely won’t last. It’s the ones in your 20’s that really matter because that’s when you’re actually fully matured and can be reasonable, logical, and rational with the whole concept of dating

• I don't know i mean when i met "the one" which is who im with, no matter what the messages were about they were never tidious to answer i wanted to be engaged into the convo, when we called for the first time it didn't matter what we talked about i just loved hearing her voice nd how passionste she is about things you know, shit like that really.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Everyone has their own definition of “the one” because of what that person is doing for us physically whether it’s sex, materialistic items, sparing our feelings from the truth and the list goes on. Sometimes our idea of “the one” can be anyone we come across but that’s probably not the person we’re “meant to be” with.

I can come across a guy who does everything I wanted in a guy and call him “the one” because he’s supplying my wants that makes me feel good and complete. In reality once that honeymoon phase is over and he isn’t pouring in all the attention to boost my confidence of our relationship, not that he doesn’t love me but things do change of course would I still classify him as “the one”.

1|0
    0|0
    • Sometimes we look at love as not what two can do for each other but what can that person do for me so that I can feel secured in this relationship. That’s why if it’s meant to be than it will be. The one will make mistakes (not cheating), disappoint you but if it’s “meant to be” than you’ll understand why the both of you are in this together because of the genuine love.

• It’s both of them. I don’t know if I believe in soulmates, but I do believe that some people are more compatible with me than others. Once you’ve found “the one,” you work like hell, going through thick and thin to be with them. Even if it’s “the one,” love isn’t as simple as a fairytale. It requires lots of effort on both parts.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 12

• The one is the person who makes me laugh and feel like I'm always welcome, the person who makes me feel like I belong in my skin and who I unquestionably want to strive to be better for.

2|1
    0|0
  • I gave up on the romantic idiocy of the idea of "the one" about the third grade when I realized that there was any number of attractive, intelligent girls in my class that I liked. Margaret? Check. Robin, Check. Kristi? Check. etc. Each of them would require a different adjustment, but any of them would make a good partner.

0|0
    0|0
  • The one is the person you really have a great connection with and want to progress from dating to relationship

1|1
    0|0
  • i chose b. love doesn't always need to be tested so strenuously.

0|0
    0|0
  • Only you knw what you truly feel. U think about so more likely you knw whhich one

1|0
    0|0
  • i need to come up with a list of how many words this site, alone, has ruined.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why limit my options to "the one"
    It could be "a pair"
    Or "Trinity"
    Maybe even "foursome" 😂

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't have set guideline for this. If they are literally me, then I guess thats fine

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's both

1|0
    0|0
  • Trinity from the matrix

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 8

• Someone that meant for u... the person u dreamt of for so long but never knew who he was all them times... or u know he is but don't get how it ever going happen when y'all don't talk whatsoever u non existent in his world... one who will understand u love ur flaws and wanna make u happy every chance they can get... some one who wanna see a brighter future for u and him and work on building it together... your motivation... your strength... your number one fan... and so much more

1|0
    0|0
  • A man who will love me for my mind and not just for my body. A man who doesn’t bail once problems arise. A man who is willing to fight through hardships in the relationship. A man who will love every little wrinkle and stretch mark of me as I get older. And I will do the same for him 💕

1|0
    0|0
    • how tall does he have to for you to consider him "the one"?

• Show All
    • What about when girls say things like "only tall guys can make me feel good" if that short guys fault or the girls fault?

• You can have a preference but saying that only tall guys will make her feel good is shallow. If I find the guy of my dreams with a good heart who will be the father of my children and a faithful husband to me, then his length is the last thing I would worry about.

• One is based in reality and the is based in fantasy.

1|0
    0|0
    • Wym? I’m curious lol

• Because women since we were girls, were feed the notion that women need a "savior". When in reality, we are perfectly fine without a man in our lives. We do things for the love of another because we are built that way.

• They're both of the options. I mean it's someone who you've been waiting for who will be ready to love you in the best and worst, and vice versa.

1|0
    0|0
  • Kind of both xD I think we're compatible with more people but maybe with one person a little bit more (that person is "the one") and the person loves me despite all of my flaws. That's my definition of the one I'd say.

0|0
    0|0
  • A person who there for you thick and thing and make you a priority.

1|0
    0|0
  • It both above

1|0
    0|0
  • The one is when both choose each other as the one.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes