Is financial stability or compatibility more important?

Which of the following is more important to you when dating or considering a relationship or marriage?Is financial stability or compatibility more important?
  • Person who is financially stable but difficult to get along with
  • Person who is financially stable but not attractive/your preference
  • Person who is financially neutral, but attractive and compatible
    Vote C
  • A person who has financial obligations such as children but fun, loyal, and encouraging
    Vote D
  • A person who is in a financial bind, but attractive, loyal, and both physically/mentally arrousing
    Vote E
  • Person who is better financially than you regardless of anything else
    Vote F
  • Other
    Vote G

1516

Most Helpful Guys

• i was never willing to settle for either - it had to be "and." it took me a long time to find that combination, but it also came with common sense, good judgement, "can do" attitude, and similar tastes across the board. big bonus.

call it splitting hairs, but financial stability is not always the same as financial responsibility - although the two are quite often found in the same person.
    clear communication is also a must.

if i'm being vague (apologize if so) - one can always look to the statistics - more relationships are derailed by financial issues than anything else.

• The reason for the financial trouble has to be clear and resolvable (ie kids, two incomes helps a lot) but personality comes first. I've been happy broke before with good company. Its much less desirable to me to have to live with someone I hate , Id far rather be poor... er than I am now :p

Most Helpful Girls

• I think, that finance is a really important thing if you are thinking about making your relationship a serious one, since you can't start a family if you are in cable of raising a child.

However, if you start dating someone who is financially neutral, and you plan on starting your own career as well, then it will an amazing experience to build that small house you want and start this family with both of your efforts.

You don't have to have that much money to live happily anyways, it doesn't matter if you can't go to a cruise, if you have that vacation with your family with the bills paid.

So, yes finance isn't a big issue, but that doesn't mean that it's okay to date a homeless man, choose wisely, so you don't regret it later

• Definitely compatibility is more important. Financial stability is important too but with no compatibility, no money in the world can assure there won't be fights and misunderstandings, it's not how long lasting relationships work. .. except for gold diggers ofc