Is financial stability or compatibility more important?

Which of the following is more important to you when dating or considering a relationship or marriage?Is financial stability or compatibility more important?
  • Person who is financially stable but difficult to get along with
    Vote A
  • Person who is financially stable but not attractive/your preference
    Vote B
  • Person who is financially neutral, but attractive and compatible
    Vote C
  • A person who has financial obligations such as children but fun, loyal, and encouraging
    Vote D
  • A person who is in a financial bind, but attractive, loyal, and both physically/mentally arrousing
    Vote E
  • Person who is better financially than you regardless of anything else
    Vote F
  • Other
    Vote G
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• i was never willing to settle for either - it had to be "and." it took me a long time to find that combination, but it also came with common sense, good judgement, "can do" attitude, and similar tastes across the board. big bonus.

call it splitting hairs, but financial stability is not always the same as financial responsibility - although the two are quite often found in the same person.
    clear communication is also a must.

if i'm being vague (apologize if so) - one can always look to the statistics - more relationships are derailed by financial issues than anything else.

0|0
    0|0
  • The reason for the financial trouble has to be clear and resolvable (ie kids, two incomes helps a lot) but personality comes first. I've been happy broke before with good company. Its much less desirable to me to have to live with someone I hate , Id far rather be poor... er than I am now :p

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I think, that finance is a really important thing if you are thinking about making your relationship a serious one, since you can't start a family if you are in cable of raising a child.

However, if you start dating someone who is financially neutral, and you plan on starting your own career as well, then it will an amazing experience to build that small house you want and start this family with both of your efforts.

You don't have to have that much money to live happily anyways, it doesn't matter if you can't go to a cruise, if you have that vacation with your family with the bills paid.

So, yes finance isn't a big issue, but that doesn't mean that it's okay to date a homeless man, choose wisely, so you don't regret it later

0|0
    0|0
  • Definitely compatibility is more important. Financial stability is important too but with no compatibility, no money in the world can assure there won't be fights and misunderstandings, it's not how long lasting relationships work. .. except for gold diggers ofc

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 14

• I don't need anyone with money so I guess a good personality and good looks is all I need. I feel like there's no higher importance one over the other. If you don't have money and the other person doesn't have money I'm sure money can be a part of a reason some people break up. Need it to live

0|0
    0|0
  • Compatibility is a must, can always work through financial side of things depending on if they are constantly blowing money and pushing themselves into debt... if that is the case then I would avoid

0|0
    0|0
  • As someone who places a lot of importance on financial stability, I've still come to realize that compatibility is the most important thing because otherwise, I'd be bored and thinking of what could've been.

0|0
    0|0
  • i chose "A person who is in a financial bind, but attractive, loyal, and both physically/mentally arousing" because it's the only option with loyalty

0|0
    0|0
  • If she could contribute $400 per month for part of the rent/utilities and pay her share of the food, that is plenty good for me.
    I care much more about compatibility.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't care for money. I don't think financial has anythink to do with dating, relationship or whatever. It's just money so it's the less important thing in the world

0|0
    0|0
  • Id prefer she and I were emotionally compatible which I believe to be far more important than money.

0|0
    0|0
  • Money stuff is easiest to change so financial bind for me

0|0
    0|0
  • Person who is financially neutral, but attractive and compatible.

0|0
    0|0
  • money bring secure and happines love bring only responsabilities and poverty

0|0
    0|0
  • Both because if your relationship is bad your work could be farther than what it seems

0|0
    0|0
  • both are equally important

1|0
    0|0
  • a balance of both is I'd say johnny on the spot

0|0
    0|0
  • Considering finances are a cause for a lot of divorces I would say finance is nearly as important as compatability. Not more just the second most important in a relationship.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 13

• I don't care for the money... Money can't stop me being with the love of my life (except when I don't have enough to pay a plane ticket 😅)

0|1
    0|0
  • I have to go with both but its not up there. but compatibility is priority. I say both because the if you want a family, to live in a decent neighborhood, and with todays cost of living you need money to live comfortably which can be discussed

0|0
    0|0
  • Idc abouthis money🤷🏾‍♀️ yes, that makes me stupid. I want a great partner... money comes and goes. Let’s find some together. That’s who I am and I don’t know how to change it. I’m a hardcore lover.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't get into finances until it becomes serious.

0|0
    0|0
  • Compatibility, finances can alter at any given time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Person who is financially neutral, but attractive and compatible.

0|0
    0|0
  • Compatibility. The money will follow by working hard ;/)

0|0
    0|0
  • I voted C.

0|0
    0|0
  • Compatibility is way more important

0|1
    0|0
  • Love can't buy food

0|0
    0|0
  • Neutral

0|0
    0|0
  • I like a woman who got both.

0|0
    0|0
  • There should be an option for BOTH. Compatibility is important, but compatibility doesn't pay the bills.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes