When do you view a relationship as doomed?

When do you view a relationship as doomed?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• When one person is putting forth all the effort to try to save the relationship and the other is ignoring or not respecting that effort.

6|3
    0|0
  • When it comes out both people have different ideas of what relationships/love is and those concepts don't mesh well. There's a book that talks about that called "Love is a Story". I've not read the book tho I've experienced it first hand. Not everyone has the same idea of love. For some people a relationship is a power struggle and you always want to have more power in the relationship. That doesn't mesh well with someone who feels like a relationship should be two equal partners who choose eachother, because of love.

If you're a romantic like me you probably shouldn't date someone who is more utilitarian in regards to relationships. Where they see everyone in their life of having a specific purpose. Imagine if all of your friends were only your friend because you provided a specific service for them, other than good emotions, comfort, good times and companionship. Some people only want "High value" friends who can provide them some type of service.

Personally I have nothing against making business connections and maybe befriending them. I do think it's a little dark tho to ONLY have people you call friends purely for what they can provide you tho.

3|3
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I wondered this myself. I tried to always be respectful to my man, not curse at him and respect his opinions. I tried to give him what I thought would make him happy and honestly I loved him so much, he was my first love, first kiss, first boyfriend, first time, first everything. And I tried everything. I think the relationship was domed from the start because I didn't know him well enough. Believe me I wanted to know every thing about him, but I only knew the side he showed me in the beginning. When he stopped being the man I thought I loved, yeah I wanted to get the old him back but I wanted to accept whoever he was underneath that act. I gave him the benefit of the doubt because I didn't want to accept that I had fallen for a guy who would never love me the way I loved him, no matter what his reasons were. And I stopped trusting him because I felt lead on, like my time had been wasted. I just wondered WHY? Why did he say he loved me if his actions would only prove otherwise? I think everything that we could have been died when I stopped trusting him. But it was always doomed because he changed into the real him, and no matter how much I would have loved to deny it, the real him was a lying, selfish, user.

2|1
    0|0
    • Awww I'm so sorry girl... I know how u feel... I've been down that road so many times and got my heart broken in a million piecesđź’–

• Hm, I guess it really depends because it can be doomed in many different ways. But I think it's doomed when you don't see a future with them anymore, when you don't want to communicate, when you find any reason to fight or distance yourself from each other, when you don't want to put any effort into it, when you don't feel excited or happy to see/talk to them, when you feel like maintaining the relationship is more like a chore, when everything about them starts to annoy you (even the things you used to like), when you don't want to be physically close anymore and the thought makes you feel uncomfortable.

Some of these things can be felt when the relationship is going through a low period too, but if they persist and intensify, I'd say that they're a sign of the relationship failing, and not just a sign of going through a rough patch.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 62

• When it feels like the other person doesn't care or won't put in effort. I can't control how other people feel and won't chase after people like a lost puppy, so if they give up on the relationship or grow tired of it then there isn't much else I can do.

1|1
    0|0
  • when no one is willing to try or it's only one sided where one partner is trying to save it and the other cannot be bothered anymore

4|2
    0|0
  • When the trust is gone. It's possible to fix pretty much any issue if both co-operate, but if you don't trust eachother anymore then there's no way of getting it back.

2|0
    0|0
  • When you can only relax and breathe when they're not there

4|1
    0|0
  • When you know the vibe isn't there anymore, and trust me you’ll know. But always look at it as a positive thing. Just because things don’t go right in one relationship doesn’t mean its the end if the world. It’s all about trial and error. You’ll eventually run into the person you’re really meant to be with. “When you meet right human, even on your worst days they’ll still think the sun shines right out of your ass”

1|1
    0|0
  • When I feel like I can't talk to her about anything.

2|3
    0|0
  • When in a relationship both partners realize there is a problem but decide not to try anymore. Or be unwilling to fix it.

3|0
    0|0
  • There are waaaay too many reasons... but from what I've seen, its always the little shit. but i can narrow it down to one word if you want.

"No".

0|0
    0|0
  • A relationship is doomed when a partner tries to dictate who you can and can't be friends with plus they become more possessive and controlling!

1|1
    0|0
  • I think when both of you have clearly given up thats a pretty good sign. If one or both is cheating thats usually a good indication.

0|0
    0|0
  • When the two parties stop communicating with eachother, and just let the worst happen. Once a couple loses to ability to talk everything else will fall apart around them.

0|0
    0|0
  • When you're fighting over the simplest of things, and you can't remember the last time you looked at them while feeling nothing but love.

1|0
    0|0
  • The constant arguments well at least that’s the way my last relationship ended.

0|2
    0|0
  • Selfishness, and lack or care of concern for each other, also control can smother a relationship

0|0
    0|0
  • When they say "i need a break" after a couple of weeks of awkwardness.

0|0
    0|0
  • When the priorities of both sides don't match, when there isn't loyalty, honesty, respect and reciprocity, when there is no acceptance for each other

0|0
    0|0
  • When you have both stopped being committed to one another.

0|0
    0|0
  • When your job seems like a vacation and Home becomes a Job exhausting

1|1
    0|0
  • When she promised to make the booty bigger but it got smaller instead.

ffs

0|1
    0|0
    • hahahahah, for shits and giggles, i'd make this MH. shit is hilarious. there's like 3 or more different puns in that little sentence. masterpiece.

• Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 35

• When I enter it

0|0
    1|1
  • Once the people involved stop caring about how they make the other person feel by their actions and words.

1|3
    0|0
  • When theirs no trust or respect, and you spend half your rime reasoning about their actions, making excuses for them or apologizing on their behalf.

2|2
    0|0
  • When your heart feels empty and your souls lost. When you look back on years past and realized nothing’s the same. When you stop arguing and smile because you know the same old issues haven’t gone away. When you pretend to be sleep so you don’t have to discuss the issues.

0|2
    0|0
  • When you set his bed on fire with him in it with his current whore he is cheating on you with.

Preferably with them both passed out drunk.

Seriously, you have to trust your gut feeling when things feel weird, esp when he has "excuses" all the time for even The simplest things.

0|0
    0|0
  • When the relationship is one sided
    When there’s no communication or when communication is one sided. Communication is what it takes to make stuff bett r in a relationship

0|1
    0|0
  • When one of the partners lacks the desire to rebuild the relationship

1|5
    0|0
  • -when talking to each other is a chore
    -when the intimacy has died
    -when you don't see a future together
    -when you find yourself looking at other people

1|2
    0|0
  • I usually try very hard to keep my relatioships. More than I should. I came to conclusion that when he starts to tell lies it's time to go

0|1
    0|0
  • When one cheats on the other. When you start to break up even when you make up again. Eventually you will split forever. When you start to call names one another or hitting on each other. And when one moves away like another country.

0|0
    0|0
  • When it's depending on ur bfs friends mood, their involvement, his parents involvement and when they decide every decisions of ur like when to fuck, how to fuck, if u r even going to fuck or not... every personal questions.

0|1
    0|0
  • It’s doomed when jealousy and possessiveness comes into the picture. Things start to get toxic after that.

1|2
    0|0
  • When u don't know what to talk about... no more trust... Love is failing... u have to force ur self to hug or kiss that person... u feel like u can't open up and share certain things with them... And many more that I know all 2 wellđź’–

0|0
    0|0
  • When the guy doesn't support you when you need him. When he doesn't care about how you are feeling. When he tries to be controlling and manipulative...

1|1
    0|0
  • When the guy crosses his legs like the one in your questions cover pic. Ugh such a turnoff

0|1
    0|0
  • I had a guy’s mother showing up everytime we were planning to fuck. I gave up and told him to fuck his mother since she was always there around nookie time...

0|1
    0|0
  • When my alleged partner spends more time involved with someone else.

1|0
    0|0
  • The person has to cheat or degrade me for me to call it quits.

I fight for what I love till the other party decides to give up but if not? I’m not giving up because if the love is genuine than regardless of the hard times you’ll be willing to go at it because you’re doing it for the sake of the relationship. I can’t be the only one try to make it work it has to be a two way street. Arguments and disagreements comes into play and many use it as an excuse “we have too many differences” for me if I’m not arguing with the one I supposedly love than something isn’t right.

Too sweet isn’t always good.

0|0
    0|0
  • When one side decides to stop putting effort. Move on

0|0
    0|0
  • When i stop wanting to make an effort to work on it

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

Recommended myTakes