When do you view a relationship as doomed?

3764

Most Helpful Guys

• When one person is putting forth all the effort to try to save the relationship and the other is ignoring or not respecting that effort.

• When it comes out both people have different ideas of what relationships/love is and those concepts don't mesh well. There's a book that talks about that called "Love is a Story". I've not read the book tho I've experienced it first hand. Not everyone has the same idea of love. For some people a relationship is a power struggle and you always want to have more power in the relationship. That doesn't mesh well with someone who feels like a relationship should be two equal partners who choose eachother, because of love.

If you're a romantic like me you probably shouldn't date someone who is more utilitarian in regards to relationships. Where they see everyone in their life of having a specific purpose. Imagine if all of your friends were only your friend because you provided a specific service for them, other than good emotions, comfort, good times and companionship. Some people only want "High value" friends who can provide them some type of service.

Personally I have nothing against making business connections and maybe befriending them. I do think it's a little dark tho to ONLY have people you call friends purely for what they can provide you tho.

Most Helpful Girls

• I wondered this myself. I tried to always be respectful to my man, not curse at him and respect his opinions. I tried to give him what I thought would make him happy and honestly I loved him so much, he was my first love, first kiss, first boyfriend, first time, first everything. And I tried everything. I think the relationship was domed from the start because I didn't know him well enough. Believe me I wanted to know every thing about him, but I only knew the side he showed me in the beginning. When he stopped being the man I thought I loved, yeah I wanted to get the old him back but I wanted to accept whoever he was underneath that act. I gave him the benefit of the doubt because I didn't want to accept that I had fallen for a guy who would never love me the way I loved him, no matter what his reasons were. And I stopped trusting him because I felt lead on, like my time had been wasted. I just wondered WHY? Why did he say he loved me if his actions would only prove otherwise? I think everything that we could have been died when I stopped trusting him. But it was always doomed because he changed into the real him, and no matter how much I would have loved to deny it, the real him was a lying, selfish, user.

• Awww I'm so sorry girl... I know how u feel... I've been down that road so many times and got my heart broken in a million piecesđź’–

• Hm, I guess it really depends because it can be doomed in many different ways. But I think it's doomed when you don't see a future with them anymore, when you don't want to communicate, when you find any reason to fight or distance yourself from each other, when you don't want to put any effort into it, when you don't feel excited or happy to see/talk to them, when you feel like maintaining the relationship is more like a chore, when everything about them starts to annoy you (even the things you used to like), when you don't want to be physically close anymore and the thought makes you feel uncomfortable.

Some of these things can be felt when the relationship is going through a low period too, but if they persist and intensify, I'd say that they're a sign of the relationship failing, and not just a sign of going through a rough patch.