When was the first time you fell in love?

Everyone remembers their first love ( I hope), when was it?

0|2

Most Helpful Guys

• It's hard to tell cause I don't know what exactly I should feel like when I'm "in love"
    My first girlfriend at age 8 I had no feelings for, it was just "you're a girl and my friend so that means you're my girlfriend right?"
    At 14-15 I had a LDR girlfriend I met through a game. I was pushed by friends to talk to her and date her, but she turned abusive and controlling quickly and it was mostly fear that kept me around.
    With 17-18 I met a girl who had fallen in love with me, i didn't feel anything particular for her, but i thought why not at least try? I later felt comfortable with her and protective, she was the first person I was physically close to.
    My last girlfriend this year approached me first after a breakup, saying she trusted me cause I was always there for her as a friend, and crushed on me, i eventually also felt like I crushed on her too, but overall I felt more protective than anything, feeling more like I'm her dad than her boyfriend.
    So pick yourself which of these you would consider my first

0|0
    0|0
  • That's harder to answer than it sounds - although I have an answer.

First schoolboy crush - I was in 2nd grade and her name was Ann.

First time I thought I was in love. The girl I dated through last year of high school and first two years of college. We lost our virginity to each other. I was 16, she was 15. After we had sex I was sure of three things. 1) I was a man!! 2) I was totally in love. 3) She was the gal I was going to marry and have babies with, the house in the suburbs. The lot.

Frankly, a 16 year old boy probably does not know what love is, and I was probably just being controlled by my penis, but I wanted to be with her and I did care about her. Two separate colleges far apart put paid to that. Though I still remember her fondly.

At age 39 I met a woman at a party. We started dating. I was sure I was in love. I was always thinking about her. I bought her things. I got her pregnant and she had an abortion without telling me. I was crushed and my life went into a tailspin. It was like a bad movie.

Then, I started to pull myself together. I went to a business reception for my Boss. I met this gal. She was cute and I loved her smile, but I had been burned badly. I didn't pursue it.

Then she would call me and invite me out to "business lunches." She would drop my the office with information that she easily could have e-mailed to me. She invited me to a few "business dinners." Finally, I asked her out.

12 years and three little gifts who call me daddy later, and I cannot imagine my life without her. She forgave me when I could not forgive myself. She holds me when she knows I am scared. I wish our kisses could last forever. When I get on my high horse - and I do a lot - she just rolls her eyes, smiles at me and pats me on the cheek. Her smile still lights up my world. When we have sex, I feel like I am living on another world. When I hold her hand, I never want to let go.

We are not married. We don't want to be because we love what we have and think it is natural and beautiful. A ceremony, an expensive ring and a permission slip from the state not only would not add to it - it would somehow make it seem less.

Yet, I know - and more than know - that business reception 12 years ago was the first time I really fell in love. I loved her then and did not have the wit to know it. I love her now and I will never stop loving her. I can never give her half what she has given me.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• It’s hard for me to use “First love” when having a discussion because some people believe that the world “First love” is their first relationship, kiss, or the first person they had sex with which is not true. First love is not toxic and is a situation that was built on genuine effort that was reciprocated from both sides. If your significant other cheated was he/she qualified as a first “love” after all? Or did they qualify because they met or sexual needs at the time that might change as we meet new people and experience new things.

1|0
    0|0
  • Looking back on it, I thought I was in love, but I think it was more of an infatuation.

But I met an older guy (like 11 years older) and I was craaaaazy about him! He was a bus driver, so sometimes I would ride on the bus with him until his shift was over and we'd talk and laugh at random things. Literally everything I wanted in a guy -- which is super odd cus I'm rlly picky--except he was a jerk and everyone told me to stay away and I didn't listen bc I rlly wanted to marry him someday.

It wasn't love but it's the closest to it I've ever been. Still makes me wonder, but it wasn't my time. I think I just felt in love with the idea of being in love!

2|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 63

• The moment the gorgeous red head walked into class in high school.
    5'10" athletic build, well on her way to being a 10/10.
    We sat beside each other. We both felt this magnetic like pulling from our chests towards each other. I do not know how else to describe it. It was like our energies enveloped each other and did not want to let go.
    Everyone could tell that there was something between us, from our classmate to the teachers.
    Each of our parents knew there was something there.
    Years went on, we grew into adults and grew even closer. Graduating high school, attending University, developing our careers. Getting married. Life was perfect.

Then she died in the explosion and my world came crashing down. When I woke from the coma she was not there. I could not feel her.
    My heart broke when they told me she had died. I have had nine surgeries to put me back together and have four more to go.
    I will never marry again. I will never be with another woman again, by my own choice. She was my one and only love. I will be honest, I look forward to dying and being with her on the other side.

1|0
    0|0
  • child love yes don't wanna talk about that though.
    first love, first year of middle school immediate rejection xD.
    current love, don't know if it's gonna be a yes or nah but everyone's saying i have a good chance + she acted really awkward around me so meh we'll see, just hope if it does work out it'll be something serious which is what i'm aiming for.

0|0
    0|0
  • I was in 6th grade n has became friends with this girl until I was in 10th grade n she finally gave me a chance but she ended up
    skipping plans and ignoring me
    So she’s tells me she’s mad at me n I freaked n told I should be the one that’s mad etc n that was 2 weeks ago n we don’t anymore

0|0
    0|0
  • Never have😫. No woman wants a guy like me, or more accurately no woman would ever seek a guy like me.

Sure I'm 6'1'' but women hate timid guys and almost never approach them.
    I'm actually a decent person but no-one will ever know that.

0|0
    0|0
  • i was 6 years old, travelled with my parents to a lake, there i met a blonde german girl.
    that was the first time ☺️ we played tennis and communicated with signs (i can't speak german)

1|0
    0|0
  • I sat next her in church one day and we just started cuddling unconsciously and 2 years later we were engaged but it didn't last long. She pasted away a year ago

1|1
    0|0
  • It was back in high school but it never felt real just like a crush now that I think about it most girls were just a hit none of them were ever a real thing to me no matter how hard i'd tried

0|0
    0|0
  • When I first met your mom, I just... died and went to heaven. I love her

1|0
    0|0
  • It was my senior year in high school. She actually went up to my dad to find out more about me. When I walked her home she kissed me and that was it.

0|0
    0|0
  • 28. Had many relations before but I knew for sure that I loved this one.

1|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 30

• About six months before my sixteenth birthday! Fell head over heels for my best friend (guy), but parents wouldn't let us date until 16! Day after my birthday we went on our first date, things worked out amazing for us. Dated exclusively through high school, we've been married for three years and are expecting twin boys next month!! So I'm still very very much in love with my first love, I know for a fact he is too!!

0|1
    0|0
  • Even when heartbroken you just can't stop thinking about someone who meant so much, I think I fall in love everytime I think of how much better they made my life lollllllllllllllllollololollllloooloolooloolooooooolllololllolololololoolllollolololoolololllllololololololllllolloll

0|0
    0|0
  • About 9 years ago I had fallen in love with my first boyfriend. 5 years later we broke up but it was fun for awhile! Waiting to fall again with the RIGHT person!

0|1
    0|0
  • I was 12 when it happened and clueless about the fact that I fall in love already. He was taken away from me via car accident back in the new year of 2013

0|0
    0|0
  • Back in third grade with this cute boy named Joseph. He back in newyork I believe. I remember always getting nervous around him including when he visit me at my moms job ( since a family member of his worked close by to my moms old photography shop)

0|0
    0|0
  • When I was 14-15. His name was Thomas until Thomas decide to cheat on me and it’s never been the same

0|0
    0|0
  • I fell in love when I was 10: he was a cute, chubby, and short guy.

Now he serves the country: he’s hot, muscular, and tall — but he has a girlfriend 😂

0|0
    0|0
  • 13? I was a freshman dating a senior. My first boyfriend

0|0
    0|0
  • First childish love was wjmhen I was 15
    And that more of a real love 9 months ago till now

0|0
    0|0
  • Never happened actually , what I felt was just another attachment not really a love thing

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

Recommended myTakes