When was the first time you fell in love?

Everyone remembers their first love ( I hope), when was it?

3265

Most Helpful Guys

• It's hard to tell cause I don't know what exactly I should feel like when I'm "in love"
    My first girlfriend at age 8 I had no feelings for, it was just "you're a girl and my friend so that means you're my girlfriend right?"
    At 14-15 I had a LDR girlfriend I met through a game. I was pushed by friends to talk to her and date her, but she turned abusive and controlling quickly and it was mostly fear that kept me around.
    With 17-18 I met a girl who had fallen in love with me, i didn't feel anything particular for her, but i thought why not at least try? I later felt comfortable with her and protective, she was the first person I was physically close to.
    My last girlfriend this year approached me first after a breakup, saying she trusted me cause I was always there for her as a friend, and crushed on me, i eventually also felt like I crushed on her too, but overall I felt more protective than anything, feeling more like I'm her dad than her boyfriend.
    So pick yourself which of these you would consider my first

• That's harder to answer than it sounds - although I have an answer.

First schoolboy crush - I was in 2nd grade and her name was Ann.

First time I thought I was in love. The girl I dated through last year of high school and first two years of college. We lost our virginity to each other. I was 16, she was 15. After we had sex I was sure of three things. 1) I was a man!! 2) I was totally in love. 3) She was the gal I was going to marry and have babies with, the house in the suburbs. The lot.

Frankly, a 16 year old boy probably does not know what love is, and I was probably just being controlled by my penis, but I wanted to be with her and I did care about her. Two separate colleges far apart put paid to that. Though I still remember her fondly.

At age 39 I met a woman at a party. We started dating. I was sure I was in love. I was always thinking about her. I bought her things. I got her pregnant and she had an abortion without telling me. I was crushed and my life went into a tailspin. It was like a bad movie.

Then, I started to pull myself together. I went to a business reception for my Boss. I met this gal. She was cute and I loved her smile, but I had been burned badly. I didn't pursue it.

Then she would call me and invite me out to "business lunches." She would drop my the office with information that she easily could have e-mailed to me. She invited me to a few "business dinners." Finally, I asked her out.

12 years and three little gifts who call me daddy later, and I cannot imagine my life without her. She forgave me when I could not forgive myself. She holds me when she knows I am scared. I wish our kisses could last forever. When I get on my high horse - and I do a lot - she just rolls her eyes, smiles at me and pats me on the cheek. Her smile still lights up my world. When we have sex, I feel like I am living on another world. When I hold her hand, I never want to let go.

We are not married. We don't want to be because we love what we have and think it is natural and beautiful. A ceremony, an expensive ring and a permission slip from the state not only would not add to it - it would somehow make it seem less.

Yet, I know - and more than know - that business reception 12 years ago was the first time I really fell in love. I loved her then and did not have the wit to know it. I love her now and I will never stop loving her. I can never give her half what she has given me.

Most Helpful Girls

• It’s hard for me to use “First love” when having a discussion because some people believe that the world “First love” is their first relationship, kiss, or the first person they had sex with which is not true. First love is not toxic and is a situation that was built on genuine effort that was reciprocated from both sides. If your significant other cheated was he/she qualified as a first “love” after all? Or did they qualify because they met or sexual needs at the time that might change as we meet new people and experience new things.

• Looking back on it, I thought I was in love, but I think it was more of an infatuation.

But I met an older guy (like 11 years older) and I was craaaaazy about him! He was a bus driver, so sometimes I would ride on the bus with him until his shift was over and we'd talk and laugh at random things. Literally everything I wanted in a guy -- which is super odd cus I'm rlly picky--except he was a jerk and everyone told me to stay away and I didn't listen bc I rlly wanted to marry him someday.

It wasn't love but it's the closest to it I've ever been. Still makes me wonder, but it wasn't my time. I think I just felt in love with the idea of being in love!