Is it possible to love someone your not attracted too?

My best friends girlfriend (I don’t mean this to be mean or anything but need to say it this way so you understand) is very ugly like everyone says she’s gross but for some reason he tells me I love this girl more then anyone else and I don’t see how it’s possible she is not attractive at all and she not super nice or anything either I don’t get it?

65

Most Helpful Girl

• Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder. Everyone's attractive to someone. You shouldn't try to get in between them. He likes her, he likes her. Let them be happy.

• I’m not I act like I like her too because he’s my friend I would never say anything bad if he says he likes her

Most Helpful Guy

• Infatuation is the emotion. Love is the decision that it should generally lead to.

The emotion lasts 1-2 years max. How long his decision lasts (as a 1-time life-long commitment or as a trial-basis experiment with contingencies and/or an expiration date) is his decision.

• Correction: "The chemistry-based emotion lasts 1-2 year max, depending on how long the body takes to develop a tolerance for the love/trust/happy hormones oxytocin, dopamine, serotonin, endorphin, etc."

• Correction on the correction: "The chemistry-based emotion lasts 1-2 year max, depending on how long his body takes to develop a tolerance for the elevated levels of love/trust/happy hormones oxytocin, dopamine, serotonin, endorphin, etc."

• Lol thanks bro for the explanation