Is it ever too late to apologize?

Long story short, I had a health scare, and while I was extremely on edge with a mix of emotions I said some hurtful things to a guy friend of mine that I hadn’t communicated with since we were in high school. We were starting to get close again, but I know I ruined it and we haven’t talked since. I never told him about the health issues so I can’t imagine how hurt or confused he might’ve been by my words. Ever since I have felt horrible. I now see that I was projecting my anxiety over waiting for my health results to come in onto him. Is it possible to apologize and perhaps repair this relationship?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• It is never too late but apologies mean less the longer they are delayed.

1|0
    0|1
    • You are so right. I guess I just needed time to reflect on the situation.

• Thank you

Most Helpful Girls

• It’s never too late to apologize. Please do it and save the friendship

1|0
    0|0
    • I will, and I guess we’ll see what happens. Thank you

• It is never too late to apologize, however, it doesn't mean that it will be as effective as it could've been if you had sooner. The quicker you apologize, the better, so the words don't sink in as much, but it's important to show that you care enough to try to make things right.

1|0
    0|0
    • You are so wise beyond your years. Thank you!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• There are two possibilities:
    1) He's a sissy sensitive guy who would cry buckets after your apologize. Pros: your apoligize worked; Cons: you don't need that type of a guy
    2) He's a tough piece of steel who wouldn't give a sh1t about your apologize. Pros: he's the type of guy you need; Cons: he doesn't need you

1|0
    0|0
  • It depends on the abuse and name calling said in the relationship

1|0
    0|0
    • No name calling. More like I snapped at him for responding to me late. I was really stressed about getting the results of the diagnostic imaging at the time. Still on edge quite a bit waiting to see if I have cancer or not, but I can see it now how I was unfairly taking it out on him.

• Sorry I was saying my experience..

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes