What problems are you facing right now in your life? How is your life going?

I am suffering from emotional abuse, my mom emotionally abuses me and treats me badly. She has no love or respect me. She didn't manage to become a mother despite giving birth to 4 children. She just lacks that motherly nature and lacks basic manners. She screams at my face for hours like an animal. I hate her.
Other than that, I will start going to UCL uni in October to get masters in Information Management with Business.
Rate your life on a scale from 0 to 10. I would say 9 and the reason I didn't 10 is because of my mom.
sisters and brothers, it was really heartwarming to see people share their problems and be honest. Now it truly feels like we are a family. I didn't expect to have this question selected by this app but I can proudly say that every a question of mine gets selected. So many people ask hypothetical questions, I just wanted to ask something relevant to our personal lives.
I feel like people are so into giving advice and being intelligent, and making people proud with their ideas that they forget that sometimes we don't need an intelligent mind or a lecture, we just someone with a kind heart who can listen without judgement or a lecture.

1025

Most Helpful Guys

• I can relate to the abuse as growing up I had 2 parents who were highly abusive but for different reasons...
    luckily i chose to remove myself and sever all ties to those who were toxic in my life and it became better for it.. however my mother died which I wasn't bothered about, my father still tries to ruin my life whenever and however he can..
    but the problems i face now are health issues more likely as a result of much of what happened during my childhood experiences...

so life for me has been difficult and has had its' ups and downs but being stubborn and knowing when to cut those who would be toxic to you out of your life is important.. and necessary for you to finally live a happy and worthwhile life

I hope you are able to finally be free of the bad things in life as no one deserves that experience

• I totally agree, sometimes that is all that is needed

• My mom doesn't listen to me, she wants me to be like everyone else, but I of all people know that I don't have the time to spend my life doing something I hate. She wants me to get a job that pays minimum wage, but I know I won't like it. Slavery is over, nobody should have to work their ass off only to get treated like shit and get paid nothing. No matter how many times I tell her, she never listens to anything I say, and my dad barely even knows me. My parents are holding me back, I'm trying to make myself as happy as possible, but they are always there to pull me back down. I'd rather have to get by on the amount of money I have now until I find a job I like than work a job I know I'll hate and is nothing more than a waste of my time because it pays nothing. It's not going well, but I will cut my parents out of my life for good once I have the money to leave them.

Most Helpful Girls

• What does she say when she screams at you? Maybe she wants to be heard. She obviously has a problem, even if she doesn't say it directly.
    It is difficult for a child to cope with a parent like her. You are managing well though if you've rated your life 9. I would rate my childhood a 5 due to my parents too. Maybe you could find a moment and talk to her calmly. Get under her skin, find out what's wrong with her. Some children are wiser than their parents. If need seek professional help. The other alternative is to leave her home if you really feel emotionally abused. This was what I did.

• she says that I will never have a successful marriage because I can't cook. She thinks it doesn't matter if a woman is pretty, educated, kind, but if she can't cook, her husband will divorce her. She thinks single women and divorcees are beneath her. I told her even though she managed to have a successful marriage but she didn't manage to become a mother despite giving birth to 4 children. She taunts me for having a crush on a guy and telling my cousin about it, the guy ended up messaging my dad. She thinks I am a whore and a slut for having a crush on a guy, she was shouting at my brother and I told her to calm down, and she began shouting at me. She even called me a bitch in front of my uncle and aunties after falling out with my elder uncle over property, she decided to take her anger out on me because I was always nice to my elder uncle's family. This always made my mom jealous.

• My mom and my uncles have problem with me being friendly with my own relatives, they always tell me to keep secrets, to stay away from people, as if they want to hide me in a cage. My aunties didn't tell my mom off, they kept giving me a lecture, and they kept saying, "it doesn't matter, she is your mother," and that made me so angry. When I went to my grandma's house, she was fighting with me for the whole week just because I had a crush on my aunty's single brother-in-law. She thinks nice girls are not supposed to fall in love, she thinks nice girls don't choose love marriage, they are not supposed to have feelings or desires. In the end, her sisters and her mother also turned against me. All the bitches ganged up on me, I felt so helpless. A lot of people turned against me because of my mom, I feel humiliated, because so many people heard my mom fighting with me, I feel like a lot of my relatives laugh at me and have lost that respect for me

• Mostly good, with some anxiety over what I’m going to do with my life.

Currently, the only frustration I have family-wise is with my older siblings. We don’t see eye-to-eye on much of anything because one is irrational and self-centered, while the other thinks they’re entitled to being idolized despite making no effort to maintain a familial relationship (ex: ignoring phone calls, and acting like said calls never occurred) and thinks it’s okay to insult you, yet stays mad forever if you return the insults.

The usual. Lol.

• Also both are extremely closed-minded and think that they know everything, so they can’t be proven wrong.