Do you ever apologize , even if it’s not your fault?

If you do , what's the reason?
Do you ever apologize , even if it’s not your fault?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• My mom does it all the time lol but I'd do it to keep the peace, I don't have too much pride where I can't take a bullet for something I did not do, I'd rather have a good relationship in the moment rather have to be right. But I think it's in the moment, you should not have to do that constantly, if you do there's a problem. This is not for reoccurring instances

0|0
    0|0
  • If I know for certain that the other person is in the wrong, I have no need to apologize for something I didn't do. On the other hand, if I got into an argument with someone where it was completely my fault or I'm partially at fault to blame because the discussion was in the grey area with uncertainty of who's right or wrong, I'd rather apologize for getting defensive and move on instead of proving I am right and create toxicity with the person I'm arguing with. There will be occasions in life where you have to decide if it's worth keeping the argument going to prove a point to help someone or if it's better to drop the incident because of how immature or trivial the problem actually is. For the most part, I'll simply apologize to avoid conflict unless I know in my heart something felt unfair or completely one-sided.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I used to be the one to apologize about everything even when I had done nothing. I let go of that mindset for a long time, because it had made me feel worthless. But my boyfriend made me realize that even if I don't think I've done anything wrong or hurt anyone, it doesn't mean the other person doesn't feel wronged or hurt. So I've been getting back to apologizing when the other person gets upset, whether or not I think I actually should.

0|0
    0|0
  • I never apologize for things that have zero to do with me.
    But in a situation where I have done someone wrong, I will apologize IF I feel bad about it. If you’re a bitch and I did something petty to you then no I’m definitely not going to apologize 😂 that rarely happens tho

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 17

• Never. I would never apologize for something that I was certain In want responsible for.

My sister does it all the time though and it is hard for me to understand. For example, she'll be walking into a gas station and at the same time, a person will be exiting. If they reach the door at the same time, she will say "sorry".

Is hard for me to understand why she does it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, I used to do that all the time. It was easier to just appologize and shut the person up for the time being so they would get out of my way. I have become a little more assertive though.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes because I was naive. Other times it is because I don't want the other person to feel inferior

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope if it's not my fault, why should i appologize?

0|0
    0|0
  • I have to do it at work occasionally. It is by far the worst part of my job.

0|0
    0|0
  • If it's not my fault, I'm not going to apologize for something I didn't do.

0|0
    0|0
  • Regarding a customer then yes even if it was my co-workers fault; Otherwise no.

0|0
    1|0
  • I apologize very seldom. I don't make empty, un-authentic apologies.

0|0
    0|0
  • If it's my fault then yea

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't apologise when it's not my fault.

0|0
    0|0
  • yup.

0|0
    0|0
  • all the time

0|0
    0|0
  • yep i use to

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah you have to do that with females

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah...

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes sometimes

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 12

• I don't apologize a lot because I feel when I apologize you should know it's sincere and I really mean it because I don't often use that S word. I'm always right to the end (Jk) but if I'm not I'm going to say sorry eventually don't rush me.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. The trick is to say “I’m sorry you feel that way sir/madam...” That way they think you’re apologizing but in reality you’re just getting them to shut the fuck up.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes some times me apologizing when I am not at fault let's the other person "know" they were wrong but have too much pride or guilt to say sorry

0|0
    0|0
  • No. I'll apologize if I hurt someone, but I'm not going to apologize for something that's not even my fault.

1|0
    0|0
  • I do it a lot and people regularly tell me to "STOP APOLIGIZING!" but I can't help it lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Not anymore. Why should I if it's not my fault?
    I'm not a fan of fake apologies.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes.. because I don't like being bad with people

0|0
    0|0
  • Only applicable with my boyfriend. No one else.

0|0
    0|0
  • Have done before, to keep the peace.

0|1
    0|0
  • issa habbit

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, all the time.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't. If it's my fault then I apologize