Ladies, would you want your man to propose to you in public or private?

I'm curious of what women will answer. I think a public proposals are special and says I love her and I want the whole world to see it, but at the same time I wouldn't want to put her under a lot of social pressure and make her think she has to say yes. by the way, I'm not proposing this question is out of curiosity.
  • Ladies, would you want your man to propose to you in public or private?PUBLIC
  • Ladies, would you want your man to propose to you in public or private?PRIVATE
  • OTHER
    Vote C
  • SEE THE POLE
    Vote D

7931

Most Helpful Girls

• "Proposing" is private affair between two people/couple. Unless, the person proposing is going to be 100% sure about the answer and is sure it's not going be uneventful for him/her or in anyway embarrassing, he/she avoid making it a "public affair". 😇💕

• I'd like it done privately. It'll feel more personal and romantic, plus I'm a low-key person.

Even if it was 2 people watching fireworks in public but without surrounded by crowds, say in a park and everybody's watching the fireworks from their own location within the park. If proposal happened between the two, that I'll still consider it privately done, as long as it does not gather public attention I'd be fine with it.

Candlelight dinner, or candle trail to bedroom, and/or roses and petals would be very personal and romantic, but I won't expect that. It's hard for me to imagine the amount of men who would still do something so classic and romantic these days.

Most Helpful Guys

• If they have discussed it previously, and both parties are in agreement, then I see nothing wrong with a public proposal.

However, I myself prefer a private one. I proposed privately to my wife.

One of my friends proposed to his wife at Alcatraz, which is sort of public. A colleague was proposed to in front of the entire school. She enthusiastically agreed and all the kids congratulated her. My friend's ex proposed to his current wife on the jumbotron at Dodgers Stadium. Again, she said yes enthusiastically (and the accompanying kiss showed it). In all three cases, they were certain of the answer. All three women were pleasantly surprised.

When done properly, a public proposal isn't necessarily a pressure tactic. It's not my way, but I begrudge no one if it is their way.

• I once saw a guy propose in fucking McDonalds of all places. I don’t know what shocked me more, the fact that he did it or the fact that she said yes!!

• The only reason I could thing of is maybe they met in a McDonald's.

• Even if I met my boyfriend at McDonalds I wouldn’t want him to propose there. McDonald’s doesn’t exactly scream “Romantic and intimacy”, the proposal must have some class.