Rape would you tell your boyfriend?

Anonymous
Before getting with my current boyfriend I got myself into a sticky situation with a pervious guy who ended up raping me.

This happened a few months before I got with my boyfriend, it sounds silly but sometimes mainly when I'm on my own in the evening I get flashbacks of the rape and it makes me cry. My head starts banging and all I can think about is, that it was all my fault for it happening, this makes me want to self harm again.

I'm not sure if I should tell my boyfriend that I got raped before meeting him and how it is still affecting me. He knows that something bad happened before I met him but he does not know what happened he knows I use to self harm.

I'm just scared to tell him because I'm just not sure if I should bring the past like that into are relationship. Or shall I sit down with him and say I struggling this happened and I keep getting flashbacks making me want to self harm.
Rape would you tell your boyfriend?
1
1